LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

Our WR contracts...little alarming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If our FO didn't want to give our starting qb, who just came off a top 10 year with a playoff win a big extended contract, he sure as hell isn't gonna give any of those wr's jack unless they totally breakout this year.

Of course, that goes hand in hand with Alex. And qb and all the wr's will have allot of incentive to have a great year. But then, I forgot, that still doesn't mean jack to our FO.

At some point, our FO is gonna have to start paying to keep our guys. The more we win, the more other teams are gonna want our guys. After 1 good year, we get a pass cause alot of other teams thought is was a 1 year wonder. But if we get back to the playoffs and make another run, "Katy bar the door".
WR's are a dime a dozen. Only idiots get obsessed with flashy skill positions.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

how did this help down the stretch?
Naw, these guys are the worst corps ever. They single-handedly prevented Alex from emerging as the greatest quarterback to ever play our game.
i still think we draft two more. if two rookies can kick off an incumbent thats always a good thing. more competition the better. these WRs we have on our roster are signed short term anyway so they have to start bringing in their replacements
Originally posted by jreff22:
  • Tedd Ginn-2012 last year under contract
  • Randy Moss-2012 last year under contract
  • Kyle Williams-2013 last year under contract
  • Mario Manningham-2013 last year under contract
  • Michael Crabtree-2014 last year under contract

Is it me or does the thought of potentially losing 4 guys by 2013 seem a bit alarming? Dipping into FA every year for 2-3 WR's doesn't seem like a viable option for building a solid group of guys. Granted we can extend players but these 1-2 year deals do concern me a bit.

We'll draft a receiver on Day 3 this year. If Moss and Ginn are both gone after 2012, we'll take one in the 1st or 2nd round in 2013.
Randy Moss trying to prove something... hes 35.. he will be out of the league probably by 2013.. not alarming,

Kyle Williams, Dirtbag cost me a superbowl, i hoped he was gone last month, not alarming

Tedd Ginn, Valuable return guy, but not let Kyle fool you, its easy to find PR guys... Kyle Fumbled the Punt in college big game, he did it to us, not alarming

Mario Manningham, only guy that is worth a dam by 2013, and he still has to prove hes even valuable in our system, 2 years under contract, Not alarming

0 catches for 0 yards.
I'm far more alarmed at our lack of depth at OLB. We got away with it last year.

Is it me or does the thought of potentially losing 4 guys by 2013 seem a bit alarming? Dipping into FA every year for 2-3 WR's doesn't seem like a viable option for building a solid group of guys. Granted we can extend players but these 1-2 year deals do concern me a bit.

actully this is the best way if it works out they are extended like Rogers.

Why make longterm commitments to a group that hasn't earned any?
not alarmed
Vernon Davis will still be under contract
its because Harbaugh is used to guys leaving after 2-3 years anyway. Duh!!
Originally posted by 9erReign:

how did this help in the NFC Championship game?

Share 49ersWebzone