There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Baalke and Harbaugh proved they are great coach and GM

Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
You can criticize my criticism of the front office, but let's attempt to state correctly what I proposed before the draft:
1. The Niners should attempt to trade UP to get Patrick Peterson, even if it meant giving up a third rounder plus other compensation. As shown at the end of the year, Peterson is going to be one of the better CB's in the NFL and was an All-Pro punt returner that is causing field position problems for the opposition.
2. If there was nobody willing to trade (actively resisting the Niners' advances) then select JJ Watt, and go heavy after Johnathan Joseph.

While the Niners would not have picked up a fine pass rusher in Smith, they would have saved about $10 million dollars in the difference between Watt's salary and the money given to McDonald, and received a better, younger player in the process. Joseph was a Pro-Bowler, and will be one for many years. He would have been a marginally more expensive player than Rogers, but offers better long-term security and play.

This draft is stocked with a number of very talented hybrid DE/OLB, so to me, not picking up Smith would not have been the end of the world.

It is not sore about the front office not doing what I want, I just think my roster would be superior.

Both thos statements in your last sentance are blatant lies, call the Waaaambulance and get over it. Baalke > You.

Its fun to play GM on a message board, in reality, its not so easy...

Did Jonothon Joseph really want to play for us? Could we have gotten him?

We should have traded up for Patrick Peterson? Like thats an easy manuever to pull off?

Get real MD, Baalke has done a terrific job since coming in.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 21, 2012 at 9:48 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
You can criticize my criticism of the front office, but let's attempt to state correctly what I proposed before the draft:
1. The Niners should attempt to trade UP to get Patrick Peterson, even if it meant giving up a third rounder plus other compensation. As shown at the end of the year, Peterson is going to be one of the better CB's in the NFL and was an All-Pro punt returner that is causing field position problems for the opposition.
2. If there was nobody willing to trade (actively resisting the Niners' advances) then select JJ Watt, and go heavy after Johnathan Joseph.

While the Niners would not have picked up a fine pass rusher in Smith, they would have saved about $10 million dollars in the difference between Watt's salary and the money given to McDonald, and received a better, younger player in the process. Joseph was a Pro-Bowler, and will be one for many years. He would have been a marginally more expensive player than Rogers, but offers better long-term security and play.

This draft is stocked with a number of very talented hybrid DE/OLB, so to me, not picking up Smith would not have been the end of the world.

It is not sore about the front office not doing what I want, I just think my roster would be superior.

You seriously need to get over yourself. My god, the Niners just drafted one of the biggest impact pass rushers in years and you still complain. Without Alden Smith the Niners dont even sniff the NFC title game.

this.

Anybody that says that a roster without Aldon would be better is beyond hope. Aldon is a PREMIER pass rushing talent. MadDog is apparently unhappy with the best defense in football. oh well.
[ Edited by notsoempty86 on Mar 21, 2012 at 9:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Its fun to play GM on a message board, in reality, its not so easy...

Did Jonothon Joseph really want to play for us? Could we have gotten him?

We should have traded up for Patrick Peterson? Like thats an easy manuever to pull off?

Get real MD, Baalke has done a terrific job since coming in.

He doesnt take into account that while this draft is filled with allot of OLB hybrids, none of them are 6'5 260 with a wingspan of a condor and violent arms that allow him to shift inside if needed and an outstanding track record of success in college. But instead pumps a player at a position we didnt NEED since we have an above average player in McDonald that we supposedly overpaid for but then says Joseph would cost moderately more than Rogers... Rogers contract last year was a $2.1m cap hit, compared to Joseph's at $9.7m cap hit. Not to mention we got to "try out" Rogers first to ensure he can be productive under fangio before commiting longterm for a $5.1m cap hit this year.
(reference: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/carlos-rogers/ http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/johnathan-joseph/)

An easy counter argument would be to look at this years draft and look at the DT/DE talent... it destroys last years draft in this area and is one of the most loaded drafts in years at the DT/DE 3-4 tweener position. So if the roster went MD's way, we picked up a great player where we already had a great player and would still be looking for a passrusher after how many years since Andre Carter??? Then pick up a probowl CB when we ended up picking a probowl CB anyways for $7m less and got to ensure he would be successful in our defensive system before making a commitment. His Roster has almost no net improvement to this team compared to the Baalke alternative, where as Baalkes provides the same quality of play at the positions mentioned but adds a sackmaster with elite physical skills and pass rushing talent. But this post has too many facts and logic to get responded to by self-proclaimed draft gods, but it does get me excited for the draft warzone in april
[ Edited by 5280High on Mar 21, 2012 at 10:12 AM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:
He doesnt take into account that while this draft is filled with allot of OLB hybrids, none of them are 6'5 260 with a wingspan of a condor and violent arms that allow him to shift inside if needed and an outstanding track record of success in college. But instead pumps a player at a position we didnt NEED since we have an above average player in McDonald that we supposedly overpaid for but then says Joseph would cost moderately more than Rogers... Rogers contract last year was a $2.1m cap hit, compared to Joseph's at $9.7m cap hit. Not to mention we got to "try out" Rogers first to ensure he can be productive under fangio before commiting longterm for a $5.1m cap hit this year.
(reference: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/carlos-rogers/ http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/johnathan-joseph/)

An easy counter argument would be to look at this years draft and look at the DT/DE talent... it destroys last years draft in this area and is one of the most loaded drafts in years at the DT/DE 3-4 tweener position. So if the roster went MD's way, we picked up a great player where we already had a great player and would still be looking for a passrusher after how many years since Andre Carter??? Then pick up a probowl CB when we ended up picking a probowl CB anyways for $7m less and got to ensure he would be successful in our defensive system before making a commitment. His Roster has almost no net improvement to this team compared to the Baalke alternative, where as Baalkes provides the same quality of play at the positions mentioned but adds a sackmaster with elite physical skills and pass rushing talent. But this post has too many facts and logic to get responded to by self-proclaimed draft gods, but it does get me excited for the draft warzone in april

When you add in two offensive lineman I had in last year's draft (a new starter in Chiefs' center Rodney Hudson and a possible starter at RT, RG, or even LT in Patriots' Marcus Cannon ), I have addressed one of the huge concerns that the team had not. In addition, while people fawned over the brilliance of picking Jonathan Goodwin last year, he graded out as the 23rd best center and the third to last (32nd of 34) in pass protection. And, what did Baalke do to shore up the RG position last year? Nothing. And, we ended up stinking with Rachal, who he obviously believed was starter material. The greatness revealed!

You match up my players against Baalke's, from start to finish throughout the draft and free agency process, and I will have the superior team. I didn't waste a second rounder on Colin Kaepernick last year, but selected Tyrod Taylor three rounds later. Taylor was more impressive than CK during training camp, and is a sold backup to Flacco in Baltimore. While Baalke selected Taylor Mays, a pick that I called an F grade, and was roundly insulted by Board Members, I had Morgan Burnett, who barely missed the Pro-Bowl this year, but probably will be on the roster this year.

I think you may not understand how free agency works. McDonald was a free agent last year. If Watt is the pick, then the team has the added cap space to get an elite CB like Joseph. You fill a need with a younger, better player at a cheaper price. It is all about manipulating the draft and free agency to piece together the best team.

You will see down the road (since it takes a few years for rookies and free agent pickups to show their worth) that I built a better roster.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 21, 2012 at 10:49 AM ]
When you add in two offensive lineman I had in last year's draft (a new starter in Chiefs' center Rodney Hudson and a possible starter at RT, RG, or even LT in Patriots' Marcus Cannon ), I have addressed one of the huge concerns that the team had not. In addition, while people fawned over the brilliance of picking Jonathan Goodwin last year, he graded out as the 23rd best center and the third to last (32nd of 34) in pass protection. And, what did Baalke do to shore up the RG position last year? Nothing. And, we ended up stinking with Rachal, who he obviously believed was starter material. The greatness revealed!

You match up my players against Baalke's, from start to finish throughout the draft and free agency process, and I will have the superior team. I didn't waste a second rounder on Colin Kaepernick last year, but selected Tyrod Taylor three rounds later. Taylor was more impressive than CK during training camp, and is a sold backup to Flacco in Baltimore. While Baalke selected Taylor Mays, a pick that I called an F grade, and was roundly insulted by Board Members, I had Morgan Burnett, who barely missed the Pro-Bowl this year, but probably will be on the roster this year.

I think you may not understand how free agency works. McDonald was a free agent last year. If Watt is the pick, then the team has the added cap space to get an elite CB like Joseph. You fill a need with a younger, better player at a cheaper price. It is all about manipulating the draft and free agency to piece together the best team.

You will see down the road (since it takes a few years for rookies and free agent pickups to show their worth) that I built a better roster.

this s**t just got straight up pathological.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

And this post right here is precisely the reason why people go after you. I could care less if you disagree with the FO, its the manner in which you go about it. Talk about delusional. If I thought for a second that you were joking, I would find your posts amusing. Sadly you are not joking and truly think you are not only on par with Baalke, but are actually better. Actually it is kind of amusing.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_schizophrenia

He's just having fun with us. Well I hope so anyway's.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_schizophrenia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder

You seriously might have the biggest ego I have ever seen. When you just post only about players and give information I enjoy what you have to say. When you make posts about how great you are and how much better you can build a roster than proven NFL execs you become hard to take I must say. I actually think you are a benefit to this site ( I know that is contrary to what many believe) but you really need to quit blowing your own horn all the time and putting others down at every chance.
Final warning. Thread locked for a while to allow things to cool.