LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

Baalke and Harbaugh proved they are great coach and GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Exactly.

No harm, no foul. All this tells us is that they are truly committed to getting the best players at every position; accordingly, we're always going to be competitive as long as Harbaalke is here. More than anything else, this tells me we are truly back.

But I'm gonna miss that epic 420-plus page thread.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Have a feeling Trent is not happy with Alex and will do whatever he can to end this in the future.

We got tweets that Alex was working on the deal and Trent leaves to go run 6 miles......? Maybe Jim wanted Alex and Trent didn't, Trent went after his guy and struck out. Doesn't Trent have control over the roster or does Jim?

Do we see Trent try to trade Alex if he has another good year and his value goes up?

LOL. How could Trent be unhappy with Alex? He is the best available QB to this team. And there will never be a trade market for Alex freaking Smith.

Trent has never been high on Alex, that has been proven.

Trent may not be high on Smith (I'm not either) but I'm sure he realizes he was the best QB option we have (just like I do).

no no no I get that, Im just saying will he look for the right time to capatilize in dropping him...say Alex has 2 years back to back that he "explodes" close to 4k 25+tds, low INT's etc etc....would he try to dump him and start his guy in Kap?

No one will ever trade for Alex, ever. Even if he throws for 4k twice. Other teams will think its because of Jim and the system or the WR's because he's never proved he could do it before without optimal conditions.

so having a good HC and good WR's is the optimal condition....isnt that what every good QB has?
No, there good QB's stuck with bad coach's
Caldwell, Raheem Morris were a couple of bad coaches with good QB's. And I don't believe I said just "good" anywhere.
Caldwell, Raheem Morris were a couple of bad coaches with good QB's. And I don't believe I said just "good" anywhere.

Jim is a good coach

and Freeman is average
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
They proved that they have no class. This was handled horribly

I wouldnt go along the lines of horrible................... how exactly were they supposed to handle it? they were def. smart in keeping it low away from the media for as long as they did.

How about not hiding the fact that they were interested? none of they other teams that made an attempt to bring in manning felt the need to hide it, that's the part that i had a problem with. Going after Manning was the right thing to do, when you have a chance to sign a HOF QB you take it (even though i worried about age and Neck), but to be secretive? unprofessional IMHO.

Where exactly is it set in stone that a team has to BROADCAST to the media they are interested? It's a BUSINESS, NOT a reality show for christ sake. It's a business. There is no such thing as being "secretive" and what not. The only reason why such opinions exist are because of the forms of media we have in today's society, and what the media does to put things OUT of context.
[ Edited by defenderDX on Mar 20, 2012 at 10:51 PM ]

? who

peyton ran teh same system for 14 years so he ran offense cldwell had 0 impact
and josh freeman was a good qb?
Yeah because you know with Baalke he puts his ideas about what he is going to do. HELLLLO ALDON SMITH. we all saw that one coming right?
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by igot49reasons:
Have a feeling Trent is not happy with Alex and will do whatever he can to end this in the future.

We got tweets that Alex was working on the deal and Trent leaves to go run 6 miles......? Maybe Jim wanted Alex and Trent didn't, Trent went after his guy and struck out. Doesn't Trent have control over the roster or does Jim?

Do we see Trent try to trade Alex if he has another good year and his value goes up?

LOL. How could Trent be unhappy with Alex? He is the best available QB to this team. And there will never be a trade market for Alex freaking Smith.

Trent may not be high on Smith (I'm not either) but I'm sure he realizes he was the best QB option we have (just like I do).

no no no I get that, Im just saying will he look for the right time to capatilize in dropping him...say Alex has 2 years back to back that he "explodes" close to 4k 25+tds, low INT's etc etc....would he try to dump him and start his guy in Kap?

No one will ever trade for Alex, ever. Even if he throws for 4k twice. Other teams will think its because of Jim and the system or the WR's because he's never proved he could do it before without optimal conditions.

pfff, cleveland would. Same system. People are going to be stunned with how alex looks this year. Finally got some weapons not named BRETT SWAIN, and a complete year in the system.....this could be big. especially if they grab someone like FLEENER in the draft.

Cleveland could have signed him. But we''re talking a couple years from now, after the 4K seasons lol. The Brown staff could all be gone by then if they don't get a QB soon.

dont know if you noticed. NO ONE IS SIGNING WITH CLEVELAND. their best player other than joe thomas, left, and signed with KC who had JAMAL CHARLES already. Cleveland is in bad shape. Holmgren has run them straight into the ground.

Is it just me or did you not just post that Cleveland would take him. lol . And we''re still talking a couple of years from now.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

? who

talk about having no excuses. they added carl nicks, and vincent jackson. If he doesnt get it done this year. sheesh.

pfff, cleveland would. Same system. People are going to be stunned with how alex looks this year. Finally got some weapons not named BRETT SWAIN, and a complete year in the system.....this could be big. especially if they grab someone like FLEENER in the draft.

Cleveland could have signed him. But we''re talking a couple years from now, after the 4K seasons lol. The Brown staff could all be gone by then if they don't get a QB soon.

dont know if you noticed. NO ONE IS SIGNING WITH CLEVELAND. their best player other than joe thomas, left, and signed with KC who had JAMAL CHARLES already. Cleveland is in bad shape. Holmgren has run them straight into the ground.

Is it just me or did you not just post that Cleveland would take him. lol . And we''re still talking a couple of years from now.

in a TRADE. hes not going there willingly. lets not lose our minds hahahaha. Cleveland is that, oh crap, i have no where else to go, i guess ill play there.
Originally posted by merm49:
Exactly.

No harm, no foul. All this tells us is that they are truly committed to getting the best players at every position; accordingly, we're always going to be competitive as long as Harbaalke is here. More than anything else, this tells me we are truly back.

But I'm gonna miss that epic 420-plus page thread.

This. Possibly the only clear lesson of this drama . . .

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Mar 20, 2012 at 8:51 PM ]

• KID9R
  • Veteran

? who

Freeman's 2nd year as a starter was better then Alex's best year. Sooo is Alex good?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
They proved that they have no class. This was handled horribly

Two things! Thank GOD we kept our starter
Second, you're right. They almost f**ked this all to hell. As soon as I heard the Manning rumors my biggest fear was we would lose both, and it almost came to pass. Here's my take though, I believe it was a Baalke move, pushed hard by him, and Harbaugh followed the bosses orders. Not to say he was not uninvolved, but I'm saying Harbaugh did not initiate this, nor did he necessarily want it. Harbaugh was overruled and outvoted by the FO team and went forward like a good teammate. Sucks, but we dodged a bullet. You have nothing but my respect Maddog. :)
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

in a TRADE. hes not going there willingly. lets not lose our minds hahahaha. Cleveland is that, oh crap, i have no where else to go, i guess ill play there.

Money talks, if they wanted him he could have gone there for a visit. But still talking a couple from now.

? who

Freeman's 2nd year as a starter was better then Alex's best year. Sooo is Alex good?

and here we go. *facepalm*
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
I never worry about getting bullied in the zone. The niners knew what they were doing and accepted the risks that were associated with this. Getting a HOF QB trumps any feelings of a mediocre QB. This is big boy business you gotta do whatever it takes to improve your team.
i am glad you do not worry cuz s**t slides right off you! but i stand by my statement and theory and i do not think maddog should be attacked so much just cuz he dares to disagree with coach and the front office. you guys can think people like he and i are full of crap and thats fine but its our crap

He does it every chance he gets, thats not stoic it is petty.

I totally disagree as well, the 49ers did not openly court Manning, actually nobody new they had any interest in him until Friday. We had done a work out and had doctors check him out days before the other teams. I'm going to cut directly to the chase here, I see no backlash from the media about Denver giving Teebow the boot or about chucking Hasselbeck and Ponder to the side in an attempt to sign Peyton to a Life contract. Last time I checked, Hasselbeck had made it to a superbowl. You know why it is classless here, because it comes from jaded fans.

I will hand one thing to Maddog, he is consistent with his displeasure with the front office. Unfortunately it has tied him into a logical pretzel with all the contradictory stances he has to make.

You want to talk about classless, where is Maddog when it comes to the agent? From what I can remember with the crabtree days, the agents do no wrong and the FO does all wrong. Not even sure why I ever respond to things Maddog says, it is about as useful as trying to argue the wetness out of water. I should save my time and just use an umbrella. I do it though, because the lack of honesty and logic in his posts are maddening.

And like somebody else reference with the "classless" post, Maddog should be careful when throwing stones.
Share 49ersWebzone