LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

What do the 49ers do with their remaining cap space?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm very happy with our off season so far. The D was my main concern. Personally, outside of adding a vet guard, I dont want us to pick up any more FAs; not even Wallace. I dont want to bring in too many outside guys a destroy the chemistry we have in the lockeroom. If we lock up Bowman and Goldson I'll be a very happy man. That's how the money should be spent.

In the draft we should go BPA, but I would love to see us pick up quality lineman, RBs and WRs. Like the Patriots, I think our team is good enough to where no rookie should be able to come in and start, especially on D.
Mike Wallace
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm very happy with our off season so far. The D was my main concern. Personally, outside of adding a vet guard, I dont want us to pick up any more FAs; not even Wallace. I dont want to bring in too many outside guys a destroy the chemistry we have in the lockeroom. If we lock up Bowman and Goldson I'll be a very happy man. That's how the money should be spent.

In the draft we should go BPA, but I would love to see us pick up quality lineman, RBs and WRs. Like the Patriots, I think our team is good enough to where no rookie should be able to come in and start, especially on D.

Agree with the exception of Wallace. I would take him in a heartbeat, however I do realize it won't happen and I'm ok with that. RG is that last hole we need to fill before the draft. Beyond that, there are very few if any weaknesses on this team.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Agree with the exception of Wallace. I would take him in a heartbeat, however I do realize it won't happen and I'm ok with that. RG is that last hole we need to fill before the draft. Beyond that, there are very few if any weaknesses on this team.

I also would like to see Punt Returner get addressed
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

My only issue with Wallace is I just dont know if we would use him enough to justify his cost. As a deep threat, is he really that much more effective than Moss? And Moss is 1/3 the price and wont cost a draft pick. Plus, as another poster pointed out, Big Ben buys guys a lot of time. I dont know that he'll get that here.
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:

I also would like to see Punt Returner get addressed

we have KW, we are fine at that spot

'tis quite obvious.....

Extend Goldson's contract and find a RG or a return man...
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Schwartz for 3 mil a year and ginn for close to 2-3 so,we will spend 5 on rookies. So we will have an extra 10 or so mil to have for whatever

Are you just guessing or is there some sort of news on Ginn re-signing?

Just guessing he will.resign the three year 8 mil deal
i want wallace!!!

I will feel much better if we can resign Ginn.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
For the love of god, can someone please explain to me the infatuation with Josh Johnson. What has he accomplished in the NFL besides knowing who Jim Harbaugh is?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
My guess is that Mike Wallace will seek a deal north of what Desean Jackson received. Couple that with the loss of a 1st round pick, and I think it becomes much too expensive for us.
Numbers still unknown as Manningham's deal hasn't been signed, so that will take away a few million. Then Schwartz would be in the range of 1-2M a yr, Alex should be 5M this year. 3M for rooks. That leaves us 6M under.

Breakdown

Manningham- 2M
Alex- 5M
Schwartz- 2M
Rookies- 3M

Then we can cut Haralson, save 2.75M, and use that on Ginn, but not likely happening now.
Give it to me so I can buy some cool stuff and then whatever I have left over, I'll donate to the children.
Share 49ersWebzone