LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

What do the 49ers do with their remaining cap space?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
By my math we have 18 million left after Alex signs i'm assuming we will have around 10 million. Is that enough for another free agent addition? I personally was hoping for Mike Wallace, can we, should we still go after him?
I think this post should probably go into the free agency rumor thread. Idk :P
give it to me
Re-sign Chilo Rachal
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Re-sign Chilo Rachal

This... to half the league minimum and free up more cap space
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
I think this post should probably go into the free agency rumor thread. Idk :P

Yeah, they will move it. We will probably have 15 with 3 for rookies minus Alex at 5-6, maybe 7 for a cap hit and equals in the 8-10 ish range... if Ginn signs our 3 mil 7 year offer (2 a year) that's about 6-8ish range. Add in maybe Geoff Schwartz at RG for say 2-4 mil on the cap leaves us pretty much enough left to sign a few guys off the street for camp and for emergencies. Not sure it's enough for Mike Wallace
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 19, 2012 at 7:19 PM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
give it to me

and me
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Re-sign Chilo Rachal

What happened to our old water-boy?
extend guys

If we do it wisely we can sign Smith and Wallace and have enough left over to draft picks and minimum type FAs.
That Schwartz kid would fill a hole at guard that we have.
Don't think this would happen but I would try to get Mike Wallace, get Ted Ginn back, boost the OL depth, sign Josh Johnson to a cheap contract, let Alex Smith walk unless Alex takes a cheap enough contract where we could get Mike Wallace, Ted Ginn, and interior OL depth.
buy a new stadium.
I used to like the Johnson idea but I'm not sure how good that would be for Kaep. Would take a bit out of his camp reps and all. I'm looking forward to seeing him in preseason.
Share 49ersWebzone