There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who do you WANT to be QB

Who do you WANT to be QB

Originally posted by 11ThrowItNDaDirt:
I have been on this forum for years and never registered until now. Alex is fools gold. He has been stealing money for years and has not produced ANYTHING. He has wasted Gores career. He has killed (2) coaches careers. I don't think he has ever thrown for over 300 yards, which by todays QB standards is nothing. He holds on to the ball and takes unnecessary sacks. The defense has been good for years, but due to his lack of production they haven't received their fare due. He throws balls in the dirt, behind receivers or too far beyond normal human jumping ability. I live on the East Coast and have watched every Niners game since 97'. I have yet to find ANY Niners fan up and done the East Coast that feels any different than my comments relating to Smith. Can you imagine what a competent QB would have done in there offense last year? Its too hard to think about, because too many people want to see this bum on the field. I could write all day about how much I hate seeing him in a Niners jersey, but at the end of the day it means nothing. The Alex fans will never understand until they see a real QB and reflect on what they could have been without Alex Smith as QB. Why haven't the Niners actually brought anyone in to give him competition for the job? Harbaugh obviously has no faith in Colin or he wouldn't have shot down him dreams without giving him or anyone else a chance to compete for the job. Alex has been given a free ride to get by and get paid for millions for it. You and I would be locked up for stealing like that. Another question for all you Alex fans, If they didn't have the GREAT Special Teams and Defense would Alex have a job this year? If Colin ever gets on the field, Alex might as well turn in his uniform along with that blue collar shirt.

i think some would agree... considering we went after Peyton... however that didnt work out now who would you like to see us have at quarterback... you just said yourself kaep was shot down... Alex and Company were brought to the NFC championship game... as weve said 60times no one is saying here alex have the team forever... nooo we are saying heres 1 more year, to have your year of continuity and progression with the same system/O-Line/Receivers and see if you can get us back to the NFC champ game or surpass your #'s... the kid finished with a 100.00 QB rating 500 yards 5TD's in 2 games in the playoffs he finished HOTT.. id like to see him 1 year back and see what happens..
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Alex Smith!!!! dude just help guide us to a 14-4 record.....Kaepernick is not ready.

This and this.

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If Alex can lead us to within a KW fumble of the Super Bowl, despite ALL the ENORMOUS obstacles faced last year with the off-season, etc. ... then I'm dang sure I would like to have him show what he can do with a year under his belt in the Harbaugh WCO and none of the obstacles he had last year.

This year, he actually has receivers to throw to... Moss, Crabtree, Manningham is WAY.. WAAAAY better than all of the following combos:

Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn
Crabtree, Ginn, Swain
Crabtree, Swain, Williams - NFCCG
I agree. I want Smith back with a full off-season, a second year in the same system and a crew of better receivers. He's bound to be better in '12 and he was pretty damn good in '11 no matter what these haters think. 7 comeback wins including one in Philly and that stunning playoff against the Saints? Come on. But, if the Dolphins are offering 4 or 5 years with a lot more guaranteed money, he could take it and that wouldn't be a disaster for the Niners. Josh Johnson had over 40 td's against 1 or 2 ints playing for Harbaugh and Kap has had a year to sit there and watch NFL defenses. Plus, Harbaugh is real good at bringing young guys along. I like Alex Smith a lot. I've always rooted for him. But honestly, I think Josh Johnson or Colin Kaepernick can do the job with Harbaugh as their coach.

If Smith can't improve upon his 2011 season with all of the following:

- A year in the system
- A full off-season, mini-camps, OTA, TC, etc.
- MUCH better receivers

...Then he shouldn't be the starter in the following 2013 season, and by then, Kaep should have enough time spent learning to make a push to start.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Yeah but thats the same as Alex left some Td's on the field as well by not hitting guys that were wide open or simply not throwing the ball. At the end of the day, we only have the stats he finished with. I can care less about his yards being a little over 3000, I just think that he should have had more TD's. Even if VD is double covered and Crabs isn't open and they stuff the box against Gore... then run the ball, roll out and make a play, by more time for the wr's, etc... It just can't always be someone else's fault

Clearly it isn't always someone else fault but give Smith some credit for what he did last year. It was done in the first season of the WCO and without an off season to prep. Smith and the 9ers offense can build on last year. Are you saying Smith and company can't?
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
I have been on this forum for years and never registered until now. Alex is fools gold. He has been stealing money for years and has not produced ANYTHING. He has wasted Gores career. He has killed (2) coaches careers. I don't think he has ever thrown for over 300 yards, which by todays QB standards is nothing. He holds on to the ball and takes unnecessary sacks. The defense has been good for years, but due to his lack of production they haven't received their fare due. He throws balls in the dirt, behind receivers or too far beyond normal human jumping ability. I live on the East Coast and have watched every Niners game since 97'. I have yet to find ANY Niners fan up and done the East Coast that feels any different than my comments relating to Smith. Can you imagine what a competent QB would have done in there offense last year? Its too hard to think about, because too many people want to see this bum on the field. I could write all day about how much I hate seeing him in a Niners jersey, but at the end of the day it means nothing. The Alex fans will never understand until they see a real QB and reflect on what they could have been without Alex Smith as QB. Why haven't the Niners actually brought anyone in to give him competition for the job? Harbaugh obviously has no faith in Colin or he wouldn't have shot down him dreams without giving him or anyone else a chance to compete for the job. Alex has been given a free ride to get by and get paid for millions for it. You and I would be locked up for stealing like that. Another question for all you Alex fans, If they didn't have the GREAT Special Teams and Defense would Alex have a job this year? If Colin ever gets on the field, Alex might as well turn in his uniform along with that blue collar shirt.

i think some would agree... considering we went after Peyton... however that didnt work out now who would you like to see us have at quarterback... you just said yourself kaep was shot down... Alex and Company were brought to the NFC championship game... as weve said 60times no one is saying here alex have the team forever... nooo we are saying heres 1 more year, to have your year of continuity and progression with the same system/O-Line/Receivers and see if you can get us back to the NFC champ game or surpass your #'s... the kid finished with a 100.00 QB rating 500 yards 5TD's in 2 games in the playoffs he finished HOTT.. id like to see him 1 year back and see what happens..
well said and I agree.
I understand more times than not young QB's look bad in there rookie seasons. But you can tell if they may pan out well based off what they did. I'll admit that CK did nothing special in the preseason to make me happy we drafted him. To be honest I never saw anything special with Alex since his rookie season. People thought that Cam Newton wouldn't be ready but look how he took off. Alex did help take us to the NFC championship, but I'm really tired of watching him on Sundays cause I honestly don't think he is all that good. It's time to see what Colin has to offer.
[ Edited by hateroids84 on Mar 19, 2012 at 3:41 PM ]
Im not hating on any Alex fan. I just wish people would ask what has he actually done? He led one the lowest ranking passing offenses in the league. And he wants to get paid for that? Could you produce what he did at your job and still have one? I just want them to move on, for the good or bad. How many people said Hunter, Davis, Culliver, etc were not ready? We will never know until Colin is given a fair chance.
I live on the East Coast and i don't agree with you at all. He didn't get two coaches fired, they did a pretty good job on their own. Nolan was all talk, and Singletary was all bluster. I would imagine a competent QB could get his team to the NFC championship, which Alex did. Besides Vernon, (and no I don't believe that Crabs is a #1 option at receiver) who the hell has this guy had to throw to. He's wasted Frank's career? I think the Niners front office of the past is much more responsible for that than a Quarterback who had no system, no weapons and no confidence. I would think the niners didn't get anyone to "challenge" Smith for the job because a lot of these athletes have these things called eyes and brains, and realized coming here would be tantamount to career suicide. This was an awfully run franchise for years, way before Young went down for the final time, and the depth and overall talent of this team during that era bare that out. You want to blame one person for an entire franchise's ineptness, then go ahead. But all this terrible football starts at the top and works it way down. Sh*t travels downhill. To think that one draft pick on a quarterback is enough to turn around a franchise is laughable. The talent on the niners was akin to a expansion franchise and you think because we led the lamb to the slaughter it's his fault he got killed. I'm glad you waited this long for your first post. Hopefully you will wait a few more years until your next one.

Other than that, your analysis was spot on.
He did? How many times did the defense give them excellent field position and David Akers ended up kicking a field goal?

Yup. That happened.

Alex also had to bailout the defense when they choked in the final 5 minutes of the most important game of their lives.

How did Alex respond? Oh, just with one of the NFL's most improbable comebacks of all time. Twice.
Originally posted by okdkid:
He did? How many times did the defense give them excellent field position and David Akers ended up kicking a field goal?

Yup. That happened.

Alex also had to bailout the defense when they choked in the final 5 minutes of the most important game of their lives.

How did Alex respond? Oh, just with one of the NFL's most improbable comebacks of all time. Twice.

foreal though.... i think our defense realized they choked and tried to stand there ground against NYG which they did but couldnt do anything against 2 muffed Punts of kyle williams syndrome in our own 30's that led to the TIeing score and the Game winning score... DAM HIM!!! Im happy we have crabs/moss/manningham now hopefully we sign someone to kick williams out and maybe draft someone in the draft too
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

I don't want to see him back period... He is holding them back. If they do end up bringing him back I will get over it. I just wish the coach and GM will bring in some competition and make it a open job. IMO for the offensive fire power they have they should not be in the bottom in the league in passing again. If so he has failed again.
Vince Young
Alex
Does anyone actually think it is lost on Baalke and the gang that CK is cheaper than Alex? If they honestly trusted this guy with the keys to the car why in the world did we make an offer to smith in the first place? 13-3. Knocked off the saints with style. Anyone who thinks CK is going to deliver the goods like that is crazy. Plus. Regardless we have CK on the roster. Smith needs to fall apart literally or metaphorically to get CK on the field. I'll admit to being intriuged by the manning thing but I honestly believe we will be a better team with Alex right now.
I say sign Smith but open the job to all in Training Camp, and make that perfectly clear to Alex before he signs the bottom line... Smith takes OTA's and is the starter going into training camp. If Kap or Tolzien are truly ready, they have to TAKE the job from Alex...

It's fair to all and let's be honest, bar Jacksonville or Miami, it is Alex Smith's best shot at being a starter... He would be a backup just about anywhere else.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Vince Young

If he comes in here and sees Moss and utters 'dream team' I will put up a bounty for his ass!