LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Who do you WANT to be QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you WANT to be QB

Originally posted by 11ThrowItNDaDirt:
At the end of the day I want to see Colin playing or at least given a chance. Im done with having faith in Alex. This dude been in the NFL long enough to have created some form of name for his self. The only name thrown around is BUST. I can live with that, just move on and give someone else a try. In the 7 or 8 years Alex has been there I think they only drafted 1 QB and brought in over the hill bums like Dilfer to give him competition, please...

Your not the only one who wants a Drew Brees on this team dude.. we all want a 5000yard 50 TD's 10 INT QB, with a RB that will also rush for 1500 Yards... however its kindve hard to have one without the other.. i dont see New Orleans/Indy/New England/Green Bay/New YOrk Giants RB's putting up #'s like Chris Johnson, AP etc. the only thing is... look how many people are looking for a QB and were wanting Peyton manning?? Its harder to find a QB than you think, and we happen to have one that just had his best season yet... if he declines next year CUTT HIS A$$.. if he produces though even better and we do well in the playoffs we keep him... Kaep is going to have his shott theres no doubt... something is going to be done with that kid wether its trade for good picks or he becomes a good QB so dont worry about that.. 1 more year and you will know alot about where our team is headed wether it be with Smith/Kaep or Draft yet again
I really don't understand the zone talk here. I agree with anyone saying that Alex did good last year. The 13-3 record was more than anyone expected. But, with all that being said, Out of 31 other teams in the NFL, only 1 team has brought in Alex to make him an offer... and the Dolphins might have been just gameplay. I think the rest of the NFL see's him as a serviceable guy but never going to be anything great. So, there are ALex Haters that just think he sucks and then there are people that just want to move on because Alex is never going to be that good. The rest of the team seems perfect in almost every position. The QB just seems average. I don't want to lose but I would rather roll the dice and see if Kaep or Tolzien can be great...
Im looking a Total Access and they talking about Alex's feeling are hurt, WTH... I have never seen and guy produce so little and be rewarded so much.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I really don't understand the zone talk here. I agree with anyone saying that Alex did good last year. The 13-3 record was more than anyone expected. But, with all that being said, Out of 31 other teams in the NFL, only 1 team has brought in Alex to make him an offer... and the Dolphins might have been just gameplay. I think the rest of the NFL see's him as a serviceable guy but never going to be anything great. So, there are ALex Haters that just think he sucks and then there are people that just want to move on because Alex is never going to be that good. The rest of the team seems perfect in almost every position. The QB just seems average. I don't want to lose but I would rather roll the dice and see if Kaep or Tolzien can be great...

Well Said.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Alex Smith!!!! dude just help guide us to a 14-4 record.....Kaepernick is not ready.

This and this.

Originally posted by GNielsen:
If Alex can lead us to within a KW fumble of the Super Bowl, despite ALL the ENORMOUS obstacles faced last year with the off-season, etc. ... then I'm dang sure I would like to have him show what he can do with a year under his belt in the Harbaugh WCO and none of the obstacles he had last year.

This year, he actually has receivers to throw to... Moss, Crabtree, Manningham is WAY.. WAAAAY better than all of the following combos:

Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn
Crabtree, Ginn, Swain
Crabtree, Swain, Williams - NFCCG
I agree. I want Smith back with a full off-season, a second year in the same system and a crew of better receivers. He's bound to be better in '12 and he was pretty damn good in '11 no matter what these haters think. 7 comeback wins including one in Philly and that stunning playoff against the Saints? Come on. But, if the Dolphins are offering 4 or 5 years with a lot more guaranteed money, he could take it and that wouldn't be a disaster for the Niners. Josh Johnson had over 40 td's against 1 or 2 ints playing for Harbaugh and Kap has had a year to sit there and watch NFL defenses. Plus, Harbaugh is real good at bringing young guys along. I like Alex Smith a lot. I've always rooted for him. But honestly, I think Josh Johnson or Colin Kaepernick can do the job with Harbaugh as their coach.

If Smith can't improve upon his 2011 season with all of the following:

- A year in the system
- A full off-season, mini-camps, OTA, TC, etc.
- MUCH better receivers

...Then he shouldn't be the starter in the following 2013 season, and by then, Kaep should have enough time spent learning to make a push to start.

I am an Alex supporter

but agree with this statement 10000000000000000%

Same here. I have a hard time believing that he couldn't do better this season. And not just a little better.. but MUCH better.
When the same Ol Alex shows up and produces the Same Ol Numbers will you say, they shouldn't have re-signed him? I can't recall a team sticking with a guy so long with nothing to show for it. I don't think I can support him again. I don't support him because he holds on the ball too long and doesn't give the receivers a chance to make a play. Throw the ball. If Favre held onto the ball like that he wouldn't have lasting 5 years.
Same here. I have a hard time believing that he couldn't do better this season. And not just a little better.. but MUCH better.

agree....it would be fun to see Manning throw to Swain and Hastings and see what he could of done...lol
Where the f**k is Tolzien on the poll?
I want Alex. He is the only one that is a proven commodity at this point. He's not really a dynamic player, but he quarterbacked a 13-3 team and delivered in the clutch quiet a few times last year. I will continue to support Alex as the starting QB until Harbaugh says Kaepernick, or someone else, is a better option.
Alex

Superbowl for sure..... FATE

Originally posted by pakalolo415:
Where the f**k is Tolzien on the poll?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Tolzien would have gotten more votes than Josh Johnson. I voted for other because i want Tolzien to start and show everyone what he's made of, pure awesome.

Well Said.

Well... remember when people were saying no one will even talk to Smith as an option? We just don't know what may be going on behind the scenes. But there are other team that are out there needing good qb play. Still early in FA.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Well Said.

Well... remember when people were saying no one will even talk to Smith as an option? We just don't know what may be going on behind the scenes. But there are other team that are out there needing good qb play. Still early in FA.

That's why a guy like Flynn with very limited NFL experience gets a better contract than was offered to Smith. Smith doesn't seem to have much perceived value is the take I am getting from the NFL organizations.
Scott Tolzien
Originally posted by hedsup:
Scott Tolzien

what is a hed sup?
Share 49ersWebzone