There are 283 users in the forums

Who do you WANT to be QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you WANT to be QB

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Lol @ the webzone acting like they know a damn thing about Colin Kaepnick other than we traded up to get him. No one really has any reason to doubt that he can handle the starting job. If Harbaugh deems he is ready to play this year everyone should be thrilled about it.

we moved up for Dalton but Cincy beat us to him. So we took CK.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Lol @ the webzone acting like they know a damn thing about Colin Kaepnick other than we traded up to get him. No one really has any reason to doubt that he can handle the starting job. If Harbaugh deems he is ready to play this year everyone should be thrilled about it.

Or.. we moved up once Dalton was gone so we could beat out the Raiders.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Does it matter? We have Kaep now and hopefully he will develop into a good QB.
Originally posted by taney71:

I think every 49er fan hopes Kap will develop into a good QB, I know we have no reason to doubt that he can start.....but what reasons are there that he should start? What have you seen that we have not?
Kaep. I hope we don't take a step back this year. I am just tired of the same offseason dance with Smith. He played well last year but with all of those redzone opportunities I would have liked to have seen more TD's.

Smith got drafted and they said he had a sucky team. Gore turned out to be pretty good and then they said Alex has no weapons. So we draft Vernon. Then they say we have no line so we draft Staley, Iupati, Davis, etc... not perfect but still. Then we draft Crabtree and Morgan. Then they say we have a horrible coach so we get Harbaugh. We have literally drafted an entire offense around this guy and I think we will add more pieces this next year. He is a good guy but I'm tired of the Axe always falling on someone else head. If Alex had tons of potential than other teams would be knocking on the door for his services. It seems like the entire NFL is in agreement about Smith's potential. If he really was Elite than we would have never let him hit the open market. I will support him as a fan next year but I am ready to move on. I would like to see how someone else does with this offense that we have set up.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
lol well i can see why your so defensive since all your posts have been saying how good CK is, but uhmm i was talking about his household as i put in my post... not his college resume..... and cool he was in a game as a underdog.. let me know if he wouldve won that game if the defense never made a stop or he was playing 1 vs 11 on offense... anyways.. i have a feeling his family gave him EVERYTHING, you guys remember someone said they seen him and his mommy buying him his comforters and crap before last year?? lol his mommy still doing those things for him and he is like 25?

lol.....awesome
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
This is Smith's team wether people like it or not....a full offseason training camp is going to make the chemistry between these players even better....
Then why won't he sign and why the team did not offer him a franchise contract?

theres this thing called, restructuring somebodys contract... which i think would happen if alex was to outperform the competition this following year.. i wouldnt give alex a 5 year contract based on 1 year alone either when hes had 5 years of question marks and injurys...
[ Edited by SundayTicket on Mar 19, 2012 at 3:09 PM ]
If Alex can lead us to within a KW fumble of the Super Bowl, despite ALL the ENORMOUS obstacles faced last year with the off-season, etc. ... then I'm dang sure I would like to have him show what he can do with a year under his belt in the Harbaugh WCO and none of the obstacles he had last year.

This year, he actually has receivers to throw to... Moss, Crabtree, Manningham is WAY.. WAAAAY better than all of the following combos:

Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn
Crabtree, Ginn, Swain
Crabtree, Swain, Williams - NFCCG
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Originally posted by taney71:

I think every 49er fan hopes Kap will develop into a good QB, I know we have no reason to doubt that he can start.....but what reasons are there that he should start? What have you seen that we have not?

I don't think he should start now. Heck, Kaep might ever be ready to start and it would be crazy to just start him on this team if we can get Alex Smith back.

Also, Kaep is only 3 years younger than Smith. Why is he the future over Smith? Especially if Kaep is suppose to sit for two more years? I don't get it considering that Smith would be playing during that time and if he continues to improve then why would the 9ers dump Smith?

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If Alex can lead us to within a KW fumble of the Super Bowl, despite ALL the ENORMOUS obstacles faced last year with the off-season, etc. ... then I'm dang sure I would like to have him show what he can do with a year under his belt in the Harbaugh WCO and none of the obstacles he had last year.

This year, he actually has receivers to throw to... Moss, Crabtree, Manningham is WAY.. WAAAAY better than all of the following combos:

Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn
Crabtree, Ginn, Swain

Stop making sense. Hopefully your opinion and "star" status on these forums will help the logic sink in a little better.

I know...I ask too much.
Kellen Moore
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Kaep. I hope we don't take a step back this year. I am just tired of the same offseason dance with Smith. He played well last year but with all of those redzone opportunities I would have liked to have seen more TD's.

Smith got drafted and they said he had a sucky team. Gore turned out to be pretty good and then they said Alex has no weapons. So we draft Vernon. Then they say we have no line so we draft Staley, Iupati, Davis, etc... not perfect but still. Then we draft Crabtree and Morgan. Then they say we have a horrible coach so we get Harbaugh. We have literally drafted an entire offense around this guy and I think we will add more pieces this next year. He is a good guy but I'm tired of the Axe always falling on someone else head. If Alex had tons of potential than other teams would be knocking on the door for his services. It seems like the entire NFL is in agreement about Smith's potential. If he really was Elite than we would have never let him hit the open market. I will support him as a fan next year but I am ready to move on. I would like to see how someone else does with this offense that we have set up.

Remember there were a lot of drops by our WRs that would have been TDs. I remember VD, Walker and Crabs all having TDs that didn't happen.

Also, Smith was a great redzone QB before last year. The numbers showed him to be one of the tops in the league.
Andrew Luck

Didn't ask if possible, lol
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn
Crabtree, Ginn, Swain

Stop making sense. Hopefully your opinion and "star" status on these forums will help the logic sink in a little better.

I know...I ask too much.

+2
Share 49ersWebzone