LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Who do you WANT to be QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you WANT to be QB

Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Better than Kaep's.

I wouldn't consider 200 yards passing at 5.5 yards per attempt with 0 touchdowns and 2 picks better than anything. If it smells like s**t its s**t.

Yup, which is why Kaep sat on the bench while Alex made the Catch III in the playoffs. When Kaep shows anything other than being raw as f**k, I want Alex as QB.
Whomever Harbaugh chooses.
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Why does everyone just assume that Kap is going to be able to take care of the ball and is ready for a starting job in the NFL? He is a young guy, I would rather go with Smith and continue to allow Colin to progress until we are confident that he is ready.

I know Kap is like the new shiny toy that everyone wants to see in action, but if we were to name him the unconditional starter at this point...it could backfire in our faces big time. At least we know what Alex Smith is and what to expect from him.

Smith didn't look ready for 7 years and Harbaugh got him ready in 1. You have no real reason to doubt that Kaepernick lacks the mental tools to start other than your own personal intuition based on the handful of snaps we saw him take. The pass to Josh Morgan on his leg breaker was big league
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I want to say Kaep now but.. i changed my mind back to alex after looking at this pic of his form/throwing motion

I'm pulling for Kaps, but your post just made me LMAO!!!
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
say that after this next year if we dont repeat well in the playoffs... u dont dump a QB when u were 13-3 hosting the NFC championship and you LOST to the superbowl winners in OT... get overyourself

Didn't the Ravens dump Trent Dilfer after WINNING a Super Bowl? He was also considered a "game manager" and not elite. But he didn't make many mistakes and was backed up by a dominant defense. Sound at all familiar? Get over yourself?
Yup, which is why Kaep sat on the bench while Alex made the Catch III in the playoffs. When Kaep shows anything other than being raw as f**k, I want Alex as QB.

I understand that you want Alex at QB, and he probably should be the starter. Those facts don'tt mean that Kaepernick is not ready start this year. You are calling one guy "raw as f**k" because of his preseason performance, while the starter you endorse performed almost as badly.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Mar 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM ]
Smith didn't look ready for 7 years and Harbaugh got him ready in 1. You have no real reason to doubt that Kaepernick lacks the mental tools to start other than your own personal intuition based on the handful of snaps we saw him take. The pass to Josh Morgan on his leg breaker was big league

Alex was on the worst NFL team when he was drafted. hence the #1overall pick... and wouldnt you know our team played like it... We finally got a OC that was pass oriented and had a offensive schemed mind and our Head Coach fired him because he didnt see eye to eye with him.... finally we get a Head Coach and OC that have offensive schemed minds and alex finally performs well and we go to the NFC championship?? thats no coincidence... just like the video on youtube of singeltary miced up when we made a big play singeltary goes that was "good" but now i want you to favor the run.... they were defensive minded coaches that didnt know a thing about offense.... This next year alex's performance will determine wether CK should start in 2013.. if Alex declines or doesnt improve from last year then its time for a change, just dont forget you should look up Tom Brady's Yards/Numbers even when he had won the superbowl and see how they look identitical.. Tom brady was in the 3000 yard category for YEARS
Alex was on the worst NFL team when he was drafted. hence the #1overall pick... and wouldnt you know our team played like it... We finally got a OC that was pass oriented and had a offensive schemed mind and our Head Coach fired him because he didnt see eye to eye with him.... finally we get a Head Coach and OC that have offensive schemed minds and alex finally performs well and we go to the NFC championship?? thats no coincidence... just like the video on youtube of singeltary miced up when we made a big play singeltary goes that was "good" but now i want you to favor the run.... they were defensive minded coaches that didnt know a thing about offense.... This next year alex's performance will determine wether CK should start in 2013.. if Alex declines or doesnt improve from last year then its time for a change, just dont forget you should look up Tom Brady's Yards/Numbers even when he had won the superbowl and see how they look identitical.. Tom brady was in the 3000 yard category for YEARS

Lol I am well aware of Alex Smiths story. It doesn't change anything I said, which was Kaep could be ready after 1 year of sitting on the bench. Its not a ridiculous idea.

If you think Alex Smith is comparable to Tom Brady in any way shape or form we should probably drop it now before we both get banned/
Originally posted by RDB4216:
say that after this next year if we dont repeat well in the playoffs... u dont dump a QB when u were 13-3 hosting the NFC championship and you LOST to the superbowl winners in OT... get overyourself

Didn't the Ravens dump Trent Dilfer after WINNING a Super Bowl? He was also considered a "game manager" and not elite. But he didn't make many mistakes and was backed up by a dominant defense. Sound at all familiar? Get over yourself?

he played 8 games, with 1500 yards 12td's 11 int's....... alex smith had a 100.00 QB rating in the playoffs... 5 TD's 500 yards in 2 games... get overyourself

Lol I am well aware of Alex Smiths story. It doesn't change anything I said, which was Kaep could be ready after 1 year of sitting on the bench. Its not a ridiculous idea.

If you think Alex Smith is comparable to Tom Brady in any way shape or form we should probably drop it now before we both get banned/

Tom's 01 campaign is very comparable to smith's 11 campaign..... trust me.. if alex doesnt perform well again and do better than he did this last year then id like to see a change DEFINITLY.. i personally just could not pull him after this last year... but this next year will answer alot of questions in the direction we head IMO
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Why does everyone just assume that Kap is going to be able to take care of the ball and is ready for a starting job in the NFL? He is a young guy, I would rather go with Smith and continue to allow Colin to progress until we are confident that he is ready.

I know Kap is like the new shiny toy that everyone wants to see in action, but if we were to name him the unconditional starter at this point...it could backfire in our faces big time. At least we know what Alex Smith is and what to expect from him.

I am not doubting that he has the mental tools to be a starting QB, I am just saying that as a fan I would not feel comfortable naming him the starter at this point...it would be a HUGE risk that could hurt us badly if he is not ready. IMO Alex is the SAFER option right now, he has proven he can be a playoff winning QB. I like Colin and I would like to get a good look at him, and see him in more action.

I understand that you want Alex at QB, and he probably should be the starter. Those facts don'tt mean that Kaepernick is not ready start this year. You are calling one guy "raw as f**k" because of his preseason performance, while the starter you endorse performed almost as badly.

The thread is asking "Who do you WANT to be QB?" I gave my answer based off of what I've seen of Alex and what I've seen of Kaep. Not sure what's so damn hard to get when all Kaep has literally shown is sucking in the preseason and breaking Josh Morgan's leg, while Alex was QBing all the way up to the NFC Championship game. If Kaep performs better this preseason, I'll take it from there, but as of 3/19/2012, he has shown nothing other than being raw as f**k.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
This is Smith's team wether people like it or not....a full offseason training camp is going to make the chemistry between these players even better....
Then why won't he sign and why the team did not offer him a franchise contract?
Better than Kaep's.

I wouldn't consider 200 yards passing at 5.5 yards per attempt with 0 touchdowns and 2 picks better than anything. If it smells like s**t its s**t.

This.
Share 49ersWebzone