There are 218 users in the forums

Who do you WANT to be QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you WANT to be QB

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Alex Smith. Kaep would have to do a 180 from last year's preseason performance for me just to even begin to think that he's ready.

How was Alex Smiths preseason?
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Alex Smith. Kaep would have to do a 180 from last year's preseason performance for me just to even begin to think that he's ready.

Better than Kaep's.
Kaep is a project. Start Smith. We should have made the Superbowl wtih him... with only 2 healthy f'n WRs.
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I want to say Kaep now but.. i changed my mind back to alex after looking at this pic of his form/throwing motion

If you watch the training camp vids, then the pre-season, you'll see at warm-ups during both the Divisional Round and NFC Championship game that his release looks much different, better and quicker. Hell it was already at .64 seconds before Harbaugh...

but the question is can he successfully hand-off the football now
I love Alex Smith. But what can he do that Kapernick can't at this point? If Harbaugh uses Kap the same way as Smith, play within the gameplan, don't make mistakes...would we get a much different result? Honestly?
Better than Kaep's.

I wouldn't consider 200 yards passing at 5.5 yards per attempt with 0 touchdowns and 2 picks better than anything. If it smells like s**t its s**t.
Better than Kaep's.

I wouldn't consider 200 yards passing at 5.5 yards per attempt with 0 touchdowns and 2 picks better than anything. If it smells like s**t its s**t.

Arguing over preseason stats

how was alex smiths season last year? NFC championship OT away from superbowl??

But to really answer your question.. Kaep is turning 25, Alex was 20 years old coming onto the currently worst team in the NFL the year before 05'.. he wasnt even old enough to order a beer and was out there as our QB.. Kaep was on a team that was already superbowl destined and looked terrible, alex was on a team that was destined for failure and looked terrible.... his best WR was lloyd at the time who never found out he had football hands till 3 years later after being on another 3 different teams.. try hard though!!!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

lol Im just saying we cant think we know anything about Kaepernick based off of anything we saw in the preseason.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
how was alex smiths season last year? NFC championship OT away from superbowl??

But to really answer your question.. Kaep is turning 25, Alex was 20 years old coming onto the currently worst team in the NFL the year before 05'.. he wasnt even old enough to order a beer and was out there as our QB.. Kaep was on a team that was already superbowl destined and looked terrible, alex was on a team that was destined for failure and looked terrible.... his best WR was lloyd at the time who never found out he had football hands till 3 years later after being on another 3 different teams.. try hard though!!!

You ddn't understand the context of my comment. I was merely underlining the fact that the preseason does not reflect anything and using Alex Smith as the example to prove that.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Mar 19, 2012 at 2:49 PM ]

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

lol Im just saying we cant think we know anything about Kaepernick based off of anything we saw in the preseason.

That's exactly what I'm saying. As of right now, all we know of Kaep is that he is tall, fast, and has a strong, slow delivery. Everything else is conjecture.
How could you see what Smith did last year - a lockout year I remind you and not see him this season with Moss, Manningham and seond year in the WCO? You'd risk all that for CK? I wouldn't!
Why does everyone just assume that Kap is going to be able to take care of the ball and is ready for a starting job in the NFL? He is a young guy, I would rather go with Smith and continue to allow Colin to progress until we are confident that he is ready.

I know Kap is like the new shiny toy that everyone wants to see in action, but if we were to name him the unconditional starter at this point...it could backfire in our faces big time. At least we know what Alex Smith is and what to expect from him.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I want to say Kaep now but.. i changed my mind back to alex after looking at this pic of his form/throwing motion

I'm over the Annual Smith Drama. I'm willin to roll the dice
Share 49ersWebzone