There are 166 users in the forums

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
That tells me a lot. Because the NFL is play inside a warehouse, with stationary targets and no NFL defenders.

Originally posted by ak49:
Although I'd agree with you generally, I think he'd have more interceptions than AS and that could lead to some losses in close games of which we were involved in quite a few. Then again, he could be more of a gun slinger and as a result actually have a higher 3rd down to 1st down conversion rate. AS was horrible at 3rd down conversions and we've definitely seen our share of 3 and outs.

I see what you did there
You have to put it in context, if the team just went 4-12 and was rebduilding you want Kaepernick to get the reps. The team is presently a super bowl contender, thus if Manning and Alex Smith do not sign with the 9ers, Josh Johnson, or Hasselbeck (if Peyton goes to Tennessee) will be on speed dial by Baalke.
Originally posted by 9erred:
You have to put it in context, if the team just went 4-12 and was rebduilding you want Kaepernick to get the reps. The team is presently a super bowl contender, thus if Manning and Alex Smith do not sign with the 9ers, Josh Johnson, or Hasselbeck (if Peyton goes to Tennessee) will be on speed dial by Baalke.

In our current situation, signing Hasselbeck if Peyton goes to Tennessee, then holding a competition between Hasselbeck and Kaep is the best strategy to pursue.
CK is way too green and probably won't be ready for a while. The team will most definately regress with him as the starter.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Do not think hes ready.

Can someone tell me why they feel this Josh Johnson character will be ready and CK won't?...
When has Mr. Johnson started in the NFL that he's so ready and CK isn't?
Do not agree woth any of those options.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Do not think hes ready.

Real question is.... Was Alex Smith that far superior to him?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JayDAche:

Can someone tell me why they feel this Josh Johnson character will be ready and CK won't?...
When has Mr. Johnson started in the NFL that he's so ready and CK isn't?

Well JJ has started 4 games last year......Kaepernick 0.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:

I like the little dig by Gruden at the end "He is one of the best QB coaches in the league....... that's what they tell us." Someones jealous!
[ Edited by Jcool on Mar 18, 2012 at 10:01 AM ]

For who? I've never even heard of the guy?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:
he made huge mistakes in preseason last year against 3rd stringers. i cant see it yet. i know hell be good but, not ready in any way shape or form, no way hell meet alex numbers hell throw way more than 5 picks

Andy Dalton made huge mistakes in the preseason last year against 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stringers; preseason makes every young QB look terrible. Hell his first pass was an interception and look how it turned out for him.

In the end I would be more pissed about our FO botching it with 2 QBs then worried about how Kaepernick will look in a run first, ball control, short throw with shot plays offense after having a mini-offseason, full season and 2 playoff games of time before possibly being named the starter and then if he is named the starter he'd have a full off season of OTAs, Mini-camp and preseason before he played in the regular season. Not to mention we have 1 Elite TE, a "good" TE, 2 "good" WRs in Crabtree and Manningham and 1 over the hill HOF WR in Moss, 1 over the hill franchise leading rusher in Gore and a dynamic change of pace back in Hunter.

I'd be about as worried with Kaepernick as our starter as I was with Smith last season, yes making to the NFCC and being 1 knee away from a SB(yes 1 play because had that first bad play not happened we would've have been in OT for the 2nd to happen) with Smith complicates things but I think we could at minimum make the playoffs again with Kaepernick as the QB.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

C'mon man.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

C'mon man.

lolz. Our QB DC if we F*** up so badly that Manning picks DEN/TEN and Alex goes to MIA

1. Kaepernick
2. Josh Johnson
3. Scott Tolzien

LOL
Share 49ersWebzone