LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

• dugo
  • Veteran
The survey answer I didn't see was "I don't Know" cause I don't know what confidence I have in Kap...I personally haven't seen enough of Kap playing in a hard fought NFL game. What I seen last week was a young QB who had a hell of a game that gives hope of who he can be..But the 9ers completely dominated the bears in every phase of the game..that doesn't happen much in todays NFL. Once teams figure out Kap's style and what confuses him or gives him problems thats were I want to see him operate and carry the team. then i'll know were my confidence in him is..I do hope in him though !!
[ Edited by dugo on Nov 25, 2012 at 10:25 AM ]
My confidence is really unknown... nervous and excited about this game. I hate the scumbag Saints, I hope CK carves up that s**tty secondary.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Starting Kaep is really starting to leave a sour taste in my mouth. First of all, Alex did nothing to lose his job. Im highly against losing your job because of injury so thats one sour note.

Also, This is the team that Alex had his superstar moment against last year. you HAVE to let the guy go out there and prove that it wasnt a fluke moment by beating them in their house. I just think its a bad choice all around. Even if Colin plays great, in my eyes, its still a scuff on Harbs coaching record.
Originally posted by THEB:
Starting Kaep is really starting to leave a sour taste in my mouth. First of all, Alex did nothing to lose his job. Im highly against losing your job because of injury so thats one sour note.

Also, This is the team that Alex had his superstar moment against last year. you HAVE to let the guy go out there and prove that it wasnt a fluke moment by beating them in their house. I just think its a bad choice all around. Even if Colin plays great, in my eyes, its still a scuff on Harbs coaching record.

I think we are discrediting the business and front office side of this. If CK excels and is ready now, the FO does not want to give alex that $7.5 million dollar roster bonus in April. Harbs and the FO really want to see what they have before making that critical decision. And practice and preseason will not tell them enough.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
I think we are discrediting the business and front office side of this. If CK excels and is ready now, the FO does not want to give alex that $7.5 million dollar roster bonus in April. Harbs and the FO really want to see what they have before making that critical decision. And practice and preseason will not tell them enough.

But why are we testing a new QB when we are 7-2-1 and on the road to another playoff birth? I think its the wrong time to experiment especially when Alex is doing just fine under center.

Edit: hes also one of the lowest paid QBs in the league already so trying to pinch pennies with him is yet another sour note with me.
[ Edited by THEB on Nov 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM ]

But why are we testing a new QB when we are 7-2-1 and on the road to another playoff birth? I think its the wrong time to experiment especially when Alex is doing just fine under center.

What if CK does better, or at least as good already? From their POV, why pay Alex that roster bonus then. CK is a lot younger and should get a lot better. If he is already as effective as Smith, that April decision will be an easy one for them. And, they have to find out what they have in CK after that Bears game.

Some people don't agree with this, not sure why, but if CK doesn't do as good today they can put Smith back in. And Smith is a high character guy who will come back in without causing a s**t storm.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Im not willing to bet my season and break up the locker room on a "What if" hunch. Kaep did good against a basic (good, but basic) defense with no disguises, man coverage, easy peasy. Even if he does good today, they still threw Alex under the bus and i think thats b******t. alex is a class act though, taking one for the team. Any other QB who lost their job this way would be flipping the f**k out.
Im not willing to bet my season and break up the locker room on a "What if" hunch. Kaep did good against a basic (good, but basic) defense with no disguises, man coverage, easy peasy. Even if he does good today, they still threw Alex under the bus and i think thats b******t. alex is a class act though, taking one for the team. Any other QB who lost their job this way would be flipping the f**k out.

Definitely a gamble and a very, very tough decision. Harbs went with the gamble cause he couldn't resist. And, we'll see what happens starting today.

Alex is a class act. Dude handles everything with grace and never b*tches to the media. And throughout his career, he has had many reasons to. He got f**ked again with this situation, but that is the NFL. The only silver lining I see for him is that if he does leave in the offseason, his demand and money has increased SO much because of Harbs. Playing for Harbs has been the best thing in this guy's career by far. So, he can be pissed but w/o Harbs he wouldn't be a potential hot commodity in the offseason.
While people are freaking out, Smith is active,has anyone actually seen him not play yet today or any word that he absolutely won't unless Kap gets hurt. Alex wasn't even cleared to play all week until game day, so how is going with a healthy QB throwing injured Alex under the bus??
Kap is actually doing really good rite but everyone else on the team is f***ing up.

• THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Kap is actually doing really good rite but everyone else on the team is f***ing up.

Alexcuses.
Kaep = extremely talented, no experience. I think I'd rather have Alex who's experienced the playoffs for this year. Next year it's wide open.

Definitely a gamble and a very, very tough decision. Harbs went with the gamble cause he couldn't resist. And, we'll see what happens starting today.

Alex is a class act. Dude handles everything with grace and never b*tches to the media. And throughout his career, he has had many reasons to. He got f**ked again with this situation, but that is the NFL. The only silver lining I see for him is that if he does leave in the offseason, his demand and money has increased SO much because of Harbs. Playing for Harbs has been the best thing in this guy's career by far. So, he can be pissed but w/o Harbs he wouldn't be a potential hot commodity in the offseason.
I can't pretend to speak for Alex, but if I were Alex, I'd be telling Harbs to take a long walk off a short pier like Young did with Seifert. Then again, I do have a temper.
I do not post much but one thing I noticed is Kaep threw for 230+ yards in consecutive games. Under Harbaugh Alex accomplished this once in 18 games. A consistent 230+ passing yards a game would really show how explosive the entire team can be on both sides of the ball.
I'm getting more confident in him all the time. He's the real deal. The arm and legs are phenomenal. When his head and eyes reading field catch up wow! Look out league. A top 3 - 5 QB maybe someday. With this defense....
Share 49ersWebzone