There are 225 users in the forums

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

Im highly confident. FAP 4 KAEP!!!!
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I like him for day 1 next year! thats it... he is our future!
Very confident in him. We all know about his physical gifts, but now we're really seeing his development in the mental aspect of the game. His instincts are phenomenal. He just gets it. I say leave him in and allow him to progress on the field. He is ready to start right now.
Originally posted by fan49:

Agree, he's still not ready to be the starter. Alex has done great all season and should get his job back if healthy. The defense getting 2 pick six's saved that game for us, but the kid shows promise just needs more time to sit and learn, no need to put him in as the starter alex can get the job done and get us to the superbowl with this defense.
Originally posted by Ninersince88:
I can't pretend to speak for Alex, but if I were Alex, I'd be telling Harbs to take a long walk off a short pier like Young did with Seifert. Then again, I do have a temper.
Yes and this temper is liable to get you into trouble someday if it hasn't already. One lesson I learned early in life is: Don't piss off your boss or quit unless you have another job that you can walk right into. You may just find yourself on the outside looking in.

Young was the starting QB and there was NO ONE better or potentially better than him in the roster, so he was in a GOOD position to tell the boss off.
Alex is NOT and based upon NOBODY wanted him when he was out looking, there's NO GUARANTEE that someone would want him inspite of him doing well this year.

He's done well under JIm Harbaugh's system but under another system, he may prove to be a bust.

He improved considerably under Jim Harbaugh, but it doesn't mean that he would be as good under a different coach. It's one gamble that he would be foolish to take. Like the saying goes: Be careful on what you wish for.
I cannot wait to see how he handles a rematch situation next week. Another good test for the young buck.

Unless of course, Alex starts lol.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by fan49:

Agree, he's still not ready to be the starter. Alex has done great all season and should get his job back if healthy. The defense getting 2 pick six's saved that game for us, but the kid shows promise just needs more time to sit and learn, no need to put him in as the starter alex can get the job done and get us to the superbowl with this defense.

Here is where it all goes wrong. thats the problem.

With Alex, you hold your confidence in the D to pull out a 2011 type playoff run...

With Kaep, I truly believe that he is the type of QB to win playoff games for us if the D falters against the likes of the Giants and Falcons in the playoffs.,...
Very high

Dude is a beast
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Getting there, would be even more if we could make it 3 in a row which we never have done.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
ALL IN 4 KAEP!!!! THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!!
lets not get to nuts. i want to see how he does in a place that is not home. 3 good back to back game is a nice start

How do you feel now??

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

If Alex could "get the job done", he would have most likely been starting yesterday. The fact that the 49ers are actually converting on 3rd down, making plays in the red zone and not taking sacks at an absurd rate is more than enough to keep Kaepernick in as the starter.
jajajajajaja

That is how I feel about Kaep.. Esp. on 3rd downs
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
he showed me something when he put us in a spot to win twice vs the rams, she showed me more on the big stage monday vs a good defense and yesterday he showed me even more in the dome. that was a very very big and important test for him. i am not going to get into the comparing of he vs alex as there is enough of that going on. you can not diss this kid anymore for his so called "small body of work". of course moving forward he will have some rough patches but I have full confidence in him. I hate the way this came down for alex, he did nothing to deserve to lose his spot but you can not argue with what has happened to our team in the last two games on offense. My daughter who knows more about football than most guys and is a huge alex fan made me understand there were several times ck got out of trouble when alex maybe, probably would have been sacked. if this is the way its going to be , alex will not be on this team next year, i can not imagine him wanting to come back for scraps as a back up. if it does,i will lose some respect. I just feel funny, odd, awkward, bad for the way it went down with him. I know some are "happy" he lost his job. I am not in that camp but i do understand why it occured. i like ck, i love our team,cept for ginn, our kicker and penalities,,,,, but the way it went down with alex just does not set right with me...... but i will recover, winning helps
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I'm confident in Harbaugh
oozing with Confidence
Share 49ersWebzone