There are 165 users in the forums

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

Originally posted by UKNiners:
Good points. Kevin Kolb, Matt Flynn, Rob Johnson. Lets wait and see and let it play out. My 2 cents though, bad move mid season. Alex is playing good ball, has for the past year and one half. Why change now? Open up the QB competition at seasons end. Barring further injury or poor performance, Alex should remain the starter. And hats off to him for handling all this with pure class.

Well, Alex has been banged up, the injured middle finger and now the concussion, like a golfer or a baseball player, a QB is no different. They can get into slumps. Alex wasn't doing that good after he injured his middle finger, now that he has had a concussion, it would not surprise me if his game is a bit off, add to that, Kaep had a great game against a very good Bears D, who knows how his head is at or how he will respond. As for class, yes Alex has been classy always has been, however this is a business and the pros, its part of the game.

They're a hot team. And not to take anything away from CK but the Bears are overrated. 7 wins against mediocre and poor teams - Jax, Det, Dallas, Car, Tenn, Stl and Indy. The Indy victory came in week 1 and I would put money that Luck and Co. could beat them now, even with Sour Puss Face Jay. And the 3 losses - Us, Hou and GB. If anything, it was great play calling and a collaborative effort Monday Night. The Saints D sux, but blitz like no other. Will be a good test for CK and our D.

I agree they (saints) are a hot team, it will be a good test for any of the two QBs, to see if Kaep will handle a team that is better prepared now that they know he can pass, they will try to disquise there coverages and schemes. If AS plays, it will be a good test to see if he is all there. Frankly, though a lot of people are so concerned for AS that he will lose his job that they want him to play even if Kaep did good last week, even if it means him getting screwed up if his head is not all there. If he is not all there and his decisions is impaired, he will get hammered. Remember, even when healthy, he clings to the ball too much for too long cause he doesn't want to make a turnover, not sure how soft the turf is at the Saints field is, but you want to mess him up even further? His concussion can reoccur with a hit that on the surface doesn't seem much and if he gets really hammered by a sack (and he will) and his head bounces off the turf, then you can bet he is going to miss more than a possible two games, maybe as much as four, meaning he might not be back till the last game of the season. I don't blame those who want to support AS, cause if Kaep does play and looks good again like against the Bears, it might shut the book on AS.

As for the bears being overrated they beat who they had to and lost to good teams not because of there D, but their O, doesn't make them overrated just not as good as the top three. GB you might argue the same point about the Colts when we played them, they're hot now and we may lose if plyed again, but it is what it is-you play a team when you play and the game is about matchups, some match and play certain other teams better. We tied the Rams and lost to the Giants who are on a downward spiral as of late and the Vikings too. So you can say we are overated to right? No the bears are good at least the D is, just that like you said good game plan, we caught them flat footed, they didn't expect him and the niners to comeout slinging, much less connecting. The again you can say that about Alex's victory as well (coaching and collaborative effort). Which leads to the other point, you still have to hit the mark and Kaep did, you can't that away from him, you also saw it with your own eyes right? That he did it going down the field more. Not only that but Kaep made the calls and changes, and according to JH, only made 1 mistake. I take it you saw that too, the changes he made? Besides, the D is still the D, it was the OL and the O that let the bears down, not the D in the previous games. Kaep didn't play the bears O, he played the D. It is one thing to say we just beat the bears, but we thumped them in away Houston didn't and GB didn't, and we were a hairline away from a shutout if Culliver had timed his jump a little better.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Yes. I think the 49ers may have a tough time in Boston. If Bradford gave the defense fits, what would Brady do to it?

It will be a good game, but I think you are overlooking one thing, the Rams have a better running game. That running game kept the ball out of the niners hands. They had the ball appox 10 minutes more than us, normally it is the other way around, and that is because of the run game, which makes the play action and passing that much better. The pats run game is only good now cause of Brady, not because they what the Vikings and Rams have-a good probowl type RB.
If the 49ers drop the game against the rising Saints, and the Seahawks win agains the sinking Dolphins, the 49ers would be at a disadvantage because the Seahawks have only two more road games against the Bears and the Bills. The 49ers will have three more, with at least two tough ones against the Patriots and the Seahawks.

And those 2 are on the road. Sea, always tough to play at. And did u see NWE tonight? Wow.

Yes. I think the 49ers may have a tough time in Boston. If Bradford gave the defense fits, what would Brady do to it?
If you want to play the linear system, the Cardinals did beat them in Boston this year and look what we did to their defense.
I think the saints are playing good ball, but I think it will be a different story when they play us. We could get beat, but I see our pass rush having another field day against them...
I have complete confidence in Harbaugh, whoever he has confidence in is who I choose. Alex has done great up to this point under Harbaugh, and I believe that Kaepernick will do great as well.

Harbaugh is the Quarterback Whisperer.
Have to agree 100%
I'm confident in the coaches confindence that he has confidently confind in his choice of confindence
I'm not sure. I need to see it for more than 1 game. He has a lot of ability. That's for sure.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm not sure. I need to see it for more than 1 game. He has a lot of ability. That's for sure.

I may not be as big of a skeptic as you, San Diego, but you are right that this game will tell us a ton about how good this kid is and can be. I was lucky enough to be at the 'Stick on Monday Night and it was electric in the stadium with Kaep at QB. In Harbaugh we trust. Let's hope fortune favors the bold.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
risky move naming him the starter.

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

I may not be as big of a skeptic as you, San Diego, but you are right that this game will tell us a ton about how good this kid is and can be. I was lucky enough to be at the 'Stick on Monday Night and it was electric in the stadium with Kaep at QB. In Harbaugh we trust. Let's hope fortune favors the bold.

I hope it works out well. It could possibly backfire too. 10 games in with a winning record and a contendor and a QB change is highly unusual.

I hope it works out well. It could possibly backfire too. 10 games in with a winning record and a contendor and a QB change is highly unusual.

It is highly unusual but coach definitely likes how kaep Plays or this wouldn't be happening
I'm pretty confident that he's not a f**king rookie. Somebody needs to tell these f**ks on ESPN and NFL Network that.
I am confident that CK will improve with every start.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

It is highly unusual but coach definitely likes how kaep Plays or this wouldn't be happening

Very valid points. This is highly unusual, but could also be a turning point for this franchise to TRULY return to greatness.
Share 49ersWebzone