There are 219 users in the forums

crabtree our #1/#2/#3 receiver?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

crabtree our #1/#2/#3 receiver?

the sad part is crabtree may be our #3 WR this season where he was our first last season and all our and only 1 from last year will even make the team
Define #1 wr:

Can he get seperation?
Can he make hot reads and help out his qb?
Can he make the clutch catch in the playoffs?
Does he have top end speed to take the top off a defense?
Does he command a double team?

Which one of you guys who say he's a #1 wr can provide me with the answers to the above questions? Cause I say he doesn't fit the bill on any of the above. Would love for some proof.
Originally posted by rk1642:
Define #1 wr:

Can he get seperation?

Which one of you guys who say he's a #1 wr can provide me with the answers to the above questions? Cause I say he doesn't fit the bill on any of the above. Would love for some proof.

agree
  • dj43
WOW. I am amazed. I hope I am all wrong about Randy Moss.

The guy I saw play two years ago was just a mere shadow of the guy that starred at Minne and New England. His routes were less than crisp and he could no longer outrun even the average CB. He just wasn't a threat at all.

Now I see people suggesting he may be the #2 or even #1 WR on the team, even ranking ahead of Crabtree.

I hope I'm wrong. I just don't see it.
#1 Moss #2 Crabtree #3 Super Mario

I bet Manningham has a HUGE season next year IF Manning signs. Moss will probably be the number 1 but just in name; I suppose he will strictly be used as a deep, play-action threat. Remember, we will be a team that utilizes Vernon Davis above all other receivers. But if we have Manning, I expect this offense to evolve into a passing threat. Which means that all 4 of these guys can have significant success next year.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
#1 Manningham #2 and Moss in the slot :)

Moss cant and never has played in the slot. He refuses to block or catch passes over the middle. Basically he refuses to do anything but catch deep passes.
Originally posted by rk1642:
Define #1 wr:

Can he get seperation?

does crabtree do any of those?
Guys you are silly... Im assuming you didnt watch 49ers football this year, so for those of you who didn't here is a breakdown.... We are a run oriented football team that would like to control the clock by running the ball and a short passing game. With this you need a receiver that is good at "blocking" and short routes. On other teams crabs is a number 3 on the niner's he is 1. This is easy cmon guys..... Now if Moss and Manningham magically excel at blocking and running across the middle he is number 3 here as well.....
Number 1... for now.

I still think the 49ers pick a future number 1 this years draft, either at 30 or in the 2nd round.
Originally posted by STNiner:
Guys you are silly... Im assuming you didnt watch 49ers football this year, so for those of you who didn't here is a breakdown.... We are a run oriented football team that would like to control the clock by running the ball and a short passing game. With this you need a receiver that is good at "blocking" and short routes. On other teams crabs is a number 3 on the niner's he is 1. This is easy cmon guys..... Now if Moss and Manningham magically excel at blocking and running across the middle he is number 3 here as well.....

with this years complete overhaul at WR ( we also passed quite a bit in late of season) we are trying to pass more

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

with this years complete overhaul at WR ( we also passed quite a bit in late of season) we are trying to pass more

This, and I don't think crabtree is a niner at this time next year.
practice squad
  • mike
  • Veteran
I think he'll be challenged for the #1 role either by manningham or a rookie. But won't fall further than #2.
  • mike
  • Veteran

You are silly if you think last year is what harbaugh envisions for our offense. Alex was still very limited much of the year. Those short runs and short passes are the bread and butter of the offense but you don't scare any defenses into opening things up if you can't ever throw deep.
Originally posted by mike:

You are silly if you think last year is what harbaugh envisions for our offense. Alex was still very limited much of the year. Those short runs and short passes are the bread and butter of the offense but you don't scare any defenses into opening things up if you can't ever throw deep.

its been stated guys like Vernon didnt even understand the system till week 10
Share 49ersWebzone