LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 171 users in the forums

crabtree our #1/#2/#3 receiver?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

crabtree our #1/#2/#3 receiver?

do you think crabtree is going to be our #1/#2/#3 receiver with moss and manningham on the team now
#1 Manningham #2 and Moss in the slot :)
i'm hoping we draft one more receiver and can release kyle williams
If you'll pardon the pun, it depends on who "grabs it and runs with it".
Originally posted by zoomcrypt:

This x1000
I really don't think it's going to be like that. With Moss, Crabs and Manningham you have different types of WRs. Moss=deep and RZ threat. Crabs=possession WR, Manningham I'm a little higher on than most on the board. I follow Michigan and UNC football and loved Mario at UM. I honestly think he picked up the game a little slower and just isn't better than the other Giants WR but not many are.
#1 for now. But barely.
It will work itself out on the field, but I definitly think out of Crabtree, Manningham and Moss our go to receiver will still be Crabtree
#1 for sure
posses
Originally posted by matt49er:
I really don't think it's going to be like that. With Moss, Crabs and Manningham you have different types of WRs. Moss=deep and RZ threat. Crabs=possession WR, Manningham I'm a little higher on than most on the board. I follow Michigan and UNC football and loved Mario at UM. I honestly think he picked up the game a little slower and just isn't better than the other Giants WR but not many are.

possession WR is supposed to be able to catch the ball consistently. since crabs doesn't excel at this. calling him a possession WR just means that he's too slow to be a deep threat.

Originally posted by ninerfan818:
#1 Manningham #2 and Moss in the slot :)

Originally posted by angelv05:
Originally posted by zoomcrypt:

This x1000

lmao... get over it
I think Crabtree will be the #1, but I think when we go 3 wide we might see him in the slot.

I think the main thing is that right now our WR group is light years ahead of where it was at the end of the season and we still have the oppertunity to ad another guy in the draft if we choose. Whoever the QB is, whether it be Manning or Smith, they will have waht appears to be a very impressive bunch of skill players around them.

Now we need to address the hole on the offensive line to improve our running and passing game.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
#1, for sure. He's the most well rounded WR on the roster. And he's still young.
They'll all be on the field a lot together and each of the 3 will get a similar amount of plays off IMO so it's not so cut and dry like just assigning a # to a WR. Also, training camp and the early portion of the season will also lead to figuring it out. It's not like Detroit where you can say "boom, C. Johnson is the #1 receiver. Burlestin the 2, Young the 3." This signing will eat into Delanie Walker's playing time though.
Share 49ersWebzone