There are 160 users in the forums

crabtree our #1/#2/#3 receiver?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

crabtree our #1/#2/#3 receiver?

Depth chart
1. Crabtree - should break out this year , hopefully.
2. Moss - will start but will sit a few plays out.
3. Manningham - can back up both positions, will see the field a chunk.
4. Williams - lets try to forget the muffed punt returns, the kid proved to be valuable.
5. Ginn Jr - hopefully will sign soon, good depth and return guy.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by STNiner:
Guys you are silly... Im assuming you didnt watch 49ers football this year, so for those of you who didn't here is a breakdown.... We are a run oriented football team that would like to control the clock by running the ball and a short passing game. With this you need a receiver that is good at "blocking" and short routes. On other teams crabs is a number 3 on the niner's he is 1. This is easy cmon guys..... Now if Moss and Manningham magically excel at blocking and running across the middle he is number 3 here as well.....

with this years complete overhaul at WR ( we also passed quite a bit in late of season) we are trying to pass more

This, and I don't think crabtree is a niner at this time next year.

this
Originally posted by rk1642:
Define #1 wr:

Can he get seperation?
Can he make hot reads and help out his qb?
Can he make the clutch catch in the playoffs?
Does he have top end speed to take the top off a defense?
Does he command a double team?

Which one of you guys who say he's a #1 wr can provide me with the answers to the above questions? Cause I say he doesn't fit the bill on any of the above. Would love for some proof.
Originally posted by zoomcrypt:
i'm hoping we draft one more receiver and can release kyle williams

Don't worry he will be cut before week 1... Thank You God!!!
Flanker-Crabtree
SplitEnd-Moss
Slot-Manningham
Backup WR-Stephen Hill
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
#1 Manningham #2 and Moss in the slot :)

Moss in slot? No
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Mar 19, 2012 at 12:01 AM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Crabtree was the most targeted player on the team last season and it wasn't close. He had more than triple the targets of any other WR. He had 19 more targets than Vernon Davis with two less games started.

So, he was the teams #1 in receiving yards, catches, and targets.

He really turned it on in the second half of the season. He just choked in the playoffs.

Next season, who knows? Way too many unknowns at this point. If you put a gun to my head, though... I'd say he's the #1 target again.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by angelv05:
Originally posted by zoomcrypt:
i'm hoping we draft one more receiver and can release kyle williams

This x1000

lmao... get over it

Dallas Got over Tony Romo, Like twice, i think we should by now.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Crabtree was the most targeted player on the team last season and it wasn't close. He had more than triple the targets of any other WR. He had 19 more targets than Vernon Davis with two less games started.

So, he was the teams #1 in receiving yards, catches, and targets.

He really turned it on in the second half of the season. He just choked in the playoffs.

Next season, who knows? Way too many unknowns at this point. If you put a gun to my head, though... I'd say he's the #1 target again.

Thats great that he was targeted the most last year. We all know we were severely deficient in the wr department (see playoffs).

Though we made him the #1 target on our roster last year, does not equate to him being a #1 wr in the NFL.

I asked for someone who thinks he's a #1 in the NFL to qualify that statement with something other than "a hope and a prayer" that he somehow develops: speed, quickness, seperation, comands a double team, is clutch or anything of the sort?

Haven't got a decent resonse yet.
If Moss works out the way we hope, we got our deep threat. If Manningham works out the way we hope, we got a #2 WR. If these moves push Crabtree to play harder, study harder, and actually play in the preseason we could be seeing the beginning of a monster.

I swear if he sits out preseason again, you can chalk him up as a draft miss (not a bust.) Trade him ASAP if we get a good WR in the draft.
Don't forget about Brett Swain.

We won't have a number 1 2 or 3. The play calls and defensive will dictate who's the number one option. However we all know moss/vd will both be the number 1 option in the redzone. But for some reason if we sign Peyton I think Crabtree will end up being his fav target.
Crabs is not a #1 or 2. He hasn't played like it and therefore shouldn't be seen as one.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Crabs is not a #1 or 2. He hasn't played like it and therefore shouldn't be seen as one.

no he is a #2 he had 8-- or so yards while being injured and miss preseeason and TC (again)

he is like a 1.5 actually f he stays healthy and actually attends offseason programs

we dont know how good moss will be he is 35 and 1 year away from football

manningham is not even close to a #1

we have 3 #2 WR (not a bad thing just saying) possibly a #1 in moss
I'd put him at slot vs. Safety's and LB's, he can run da same patterns as Davis, and spell Moss when Moss goes outta games. Manningham should befinitely be our #2..
this honestly depends on who alex is going to have the most chemistry with.... whoever hes clicking with is whose gonna be our #1 etc
Share 49ersWebzone