There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

crabtree our #1/#2/#3 receiver?

crabtree our #1/#2/#3 receiver?

#1 and it's not even close.
#1 and it's not even close.
Originally posted by brizznasty:
#1 and it's not even close.

This
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by angelv05:
Originally posted by zoomcrypt:
i'm hoping we draft one more receiver and can release kyle williams

This x1000

lmao... get over it

THIS i do hope we draft a WR though i don't want brett swain as our #5
He is still the number one on this team. I believe we got better overall but we still need to draft a guy. Neither of these guys should start over him.
I dont think hes a number 1. Hes got a lot to work on and I think these fa signings prove that the staff thinks so too. He CAN be a #1but its gonna come down to his work ethic this offseason.
If Moss was 10 years younger...but he isn't so sadly for now Crabtree is clearly our #1. We again have a solid stable of #2 WR's and no clear dominate #1. I hope we find our guy in the draft...
Golitta, maybe i'm wrong, but i thot you were the one to come up with Harbaugh moves the chains with TEs, not WRs. If you weren't the author of that, it seems to be the way Coach wants it. One thing he is not going to do is break the bank for a proven #1 WR, instead, going for WRs in draft. Hi priced WRs, have a track record of some being good, others not. When your FA WR is not what you thot, you can darn well ruin the franchise for 3 or more yrs. I admit to wanting Wallace, but now am feeling ok with whatever WRs Coach can sign that he still thinks can do the job, and let's grow our own #1 WR.

As for the title is crabtree the #1, #2, or #3, he is like the others. All #2s or 3s,and that looks to be the way Coach is going to play. TEs have to come up with more chain moving tho.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Golitta, maybe i'm wrong, but i thot you were the one to come up with Harbaugh moves the chains with TEs, not WRs. If you weren't the author of that, it seems to be the way Coach wants it. One thing he is not going to do is break the bank for a proven #1 WR, instead, going for WRs in draft. Hi priced WRs, have a track record of some being good, others not. When your FA WR is not what you thot, you can darn well ruin the franchise for 3 or more yrs. I admit to wanting Wallace, but now am feeling ok with whatever WRs Coach can sign that he still thinks can do the job, and let's grow our own #1 WR.

As for the title is crabtree the #1, #2, or #3, he is like the others. All #2s or 3s,and that looks to be the way Coach is going to play. TEs have to come up with more chain moving tho.

Yea, I did come up with that theory, and I still stand by it. We will move the chains with TE's, and take deep shots with our WR's, that said I don't see a #1 caliber deep threat on this team, Crabs is snatch and grab RAC kinda guy, Moss was a #1 deep threat, and Manningham, is not in my opinion a #1 deep threat, maybe Teddy Ginn develops some hands and emerges as the guy...hell I just watch the games, I don't coach 'em!
Golitta, i hope and pray you are right about Teddy returning...maybe he can get $3 mil in incentives if he breaks into #2WR...but sign him to 2-3 yrs, so we get our PR back. Screw the WR business. Incidentally, i never picked up on Harbaugh at stanford moving chains with TEs. When you first wrote it, i looked at a few films and you were right...not every time, but frequently. Great pickup. Not that many guys commented on your post, but it was astute. Nice job. "Let it roll, let it roll".
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Golitta, i hope and pray you are right about Teddy returning...maybe he can get $3 mil in incentives if he breaks into #2WR...but sign him to 2-3 yrs, so we get our PR back. Screw the WR business. Incidentally, i never picked up on Harbaugh at stanford moving chains with TEs. When you first wrote it, i looked at a few films and you were right...not every time, but frequently. Great pickup. Not that many guys commented on your post, but it was astute. Nice job. "Let it roll, let it roll".

Thanks!
Crabtree is our #1 receiver, no doubt about it.

He's also likely to see more time in the slot, which suits his skill set, with Moss and Manningam on the outside when they go 3 WR.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Crabtree is our #1 receiver, no doubt about it.

He's also likely to see more time in the slot, which suits his skill set, with Moss and Manningam on the outside when they go 3 WR.

Yep, that's were I'd put him. Speed on the corners and size in the slot! A few teams do it differently but it is a classic formula.
In a 3 WR set I see us having Manningham in the slot more than the others.
I dont think it matters which side Crabtree lines up on, he will benifit greatly from having Moss on the other.
I agree with the fact that Walkers play time in passing plays will deminish.
That being said, I see Crabtree being our "#1" but they all will have plenty of passes thrown their way.
If we get manning i could see moss being our #1, and manningham on the opposite end with crabtree in the slot!