There are 294 users in the forums

49ers sign Mario Manningham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm happy with this move... If we can't get Wallace I've said Mario..
Anything less than 2 years 14-15 million and I am happy. Sucks it's only 2 years but if it doesn't work out than it's a good thing. As for running routes I know Giants with Eli ran a lot of WR options were the QB and WR would change the route mid route to adjust to coverage. Meaning you could run a go and there might be an option after 10 yards to do a button hook/curl or continue to go deep... or after 10 to do a slant in if coverage is playing your outside shoulder or slant out if they are playing inside. It's easy for the WR and QB to see two different things and we don't do any of that here so that will help him out.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We didn't get him
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
I think schefter just said on twitter that we didnt sign him

No. He's just correcting who broke the story.
  • dj43
This was a necessary signing but certainly not a game changer. Morgan leaving forced Baalke's hand. He had to replace Morgan and Manningham was the best value available for a guy who could block a little and get deep on occasion. He was a #3 in NY and that is where he should be here. In effect, the 49er lost a better blocker but gained a little more deep speed. meh.

This still leaves #1 WR as the most important need. Moss is not the answer. He may make the team but is a long way from the player he once was. I would like to believe that this solves the WR problem and Baalke can now go after interior OL but I just don't see it. Best case scenario is to use the #1 for RG and move up in the 2nd to get a WR with #1 potential.

What it amounts to now is that the team has a good run of mediocre depth at WR plus Crabtree who we all hope will start living up to his draft status. At best it means the team will not be forced to use a 4th or 5th round pick on WR depth that would likely only play ST.
So did we get him or not?!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
We didn't get him

Yes we did you're misinterpretating (sp) what schefter said

"@AdamSchefter: Upon further review, @profootballtalk was first to report the news of Mario Manningham's deal in San Francisco. Ruling is reversed."

"@AdamSchefter: As @RavensInsider reported, former Giants WR Mario Manningham reacheed agreement with the 49ers on a two-year deal."
[ Edited by ImaMod on Mar 17, 2012 at 10:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Anything less than 2 years 14-15 million and I am happy. Sucks it's only 2 years but if it doesn't work out than it's a good thing. As for running routes I know Giants with Eli ran a lot of WR options were the QB and WR would change the route mid route to adjust to coverage. Meaning you could run a go and there might be an option after 10 yards to do a button hook/curl or continue to go deep... or after 10 to do a slant in if coverage is playing your outside shoulder or slant out if they are playing inside. It's easy for the WR and QB to see two different things and we don't do any of that here so that will help him out.

True. We didn't do that last year, and I'm pretty sure Harbaugh's not a huge fan of it for those reasons.
Originally posted by captveg:
No. He's just correcting who broke the story.

This
I did not see this coming. I thought he might sign with the Hams. I thought we wanted to sign Manning, not Manningham! hahahahaaha Boy I really kill myself with these hilarious jokes. I'll be here all week.
[ Edited by LeftBankeNiner on Mar 17, 2012 at 10:13 PM ]

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
So did we get him or not?!

Nvm.....I like it
f**k that turncoat Morgan. Time to move on with Mario.

At least the front office are making some moves before the draft to upgrade the receiving core.
We didn't get him

yes we did
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Good move now just draft two more WRs.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Good move now just draft two more WRs.

This
Share 49ersWebzone