There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "Cohn" Thread

I almost never post on here but this seems to be worthwhile. Anyone who cares to write a decent email asking for Grant to be fired should send one to all of the following people. If they get enough negative emails and realize no one will read their articles anymore maybe they will dump him. Also, can we stop posting links to the SRPD site on the Webzone home page?

Newsroom Executive Editor: Catherine Barnett - catherine.barnett@pressdemocrat.com

Managing Editor: Bob Swofford - bob.swofford@pressdemocrat.com

Senior Editors/News: - Chuck Buxton chuck.buxton@pressdemocrat.com
George Manes - george.manes@pressdemocrat.com
James Fremgen - jim.fremgen@pressdemocrat.com

Senior Editor, Presentation: George Millener - george.millener@pressdemocrat.com
[ Edited by JimmyHarbs on May 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM ]
Originally posted by JimmyHarbs:
I almost never post on here but this seems to be worthwhile. Anyone who cares to write a decent email asking for Grant to be fired should send one to all of the following people. If they get enough negative emails and realize no one will read their articles anymore maybe they will dump him. Also, can we stop posting links to the SRPD site on the Webzone home page?

Newsroom Executive Editor: Catherine Barnett - catherine.barnett@pressdemocrat.com

Senior Editor, Presentation: George Millener - george.millener@pressdemocrat.com

I wouldn't even waste my time with that. It won't make my day any brighter by seeing him fired. The PD can do what they want, i just won't read his stuff.

What's your deal? What did Cohn do to you? You dont like his articles, dont read them? I'm not really a fan either, but I'm not going out of my way to get him fired.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 13, 2012 at 5:44 PM ]
Can't believe Alex Smith is being brought into this.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
What's your deal? What did Cohn do to you? You dont like his articles, dont read them? I'm not really a fan either, but I'm not going out of my way to get him fired.

Why do I have the feeling that JimmyHarbs is a Smith supporter, bitter that Cohn is not a Smith fan? Why go after him so hard?

While I won't go out of my way to get him fired either I certainly think the guy doesn't deserve a press pass. He writes garbage and that's not what I want out of people covering my team. I live on the east coast so I rely on the Matts and the other beat writers who cover the niners for my niner news, especially during the offseason. I'd like to see the guy who actually have access to the players and practice to actually know wtf they're writing about.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Because only a limited # of people have his access to the team. His garbage takes the away opportunity for a actually mature, talented writer to bring news to the fans

bill.pinella@pressdemocrat.com - Sports editor. I agree with the poster above.

I will give Lowell the benifit of the doubt (sad, but yeah) but Grant has quickly become an embarassment and a distraction to the team.
Don't Cohn, don't care.
Nothing that a good FIRM handshake and a rowdy pat on the back wont cure. Oh wait that causes problems too.
  • MILFS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Can't believe Alex Smith is being brought into this.

He is ubiquitous on the WZ
His latest "winners" article is beyond unprofessional. It's grade school idiocy in every respect. He should be fired for such ill-conceived, petty and outright inflammatory "journalism".
Cohn is at best a mediocre writer, whom should not be covering the niners or nfl at all. Dude is a douche, no wonder niners pr staff wont let him talk to players anymore.

Go Niners,
The Tank
I dont know why teh webzone keeps posting links to his blog. Wonder if the zone gets paid for it
Cohn acts as if the Harbaugh's #1 job is to answer his stupid questions. If I spent 10-12 hours most days coaching and office work/other day to day things I would get sick of taking some times as much as 45 minutes to an hour out of my long day to answer mostly dumb unimportant questions. Same thing with players... working out, running around in the heat and you have to talk with these guys. Especially, if they are taking what you say and trying to spin it in a negative way. I love being able to watch player and coaches press conferences/interviews but the time could be spent doing 100 other things more productive. I wonder if it's mandatory to do all these interviews... maybe just the post game conferences but I'm thinking some are because I would have thought Harbaugh would have put an end to it. If I am him and it's allowed I don't let them in the building.

I am referring to Lowell but his son isn't much better. I think Lowell just thrived for a decade with the team losing because there was so much more to write about and it comes easier. Now that the team is good he is going out of his way to find stuff to complain about. Also, that's how he stays relevant... best thing to do is just ignore them and don't read any of their articles. They are the type of journalists who get attention by writing crap and it's become popular these days. Why write a good article and get less views when you can write crap and have it piss people off and spread like wildfire? Some writers don't have integrity. P.S. I won't get into the twitter thing because I would get blasted but I wish Anthony would mature as well. I hate how immature he acts on twitter. He's a young kid though but it just makes himself and the organization look bad. Not talking about just the Cohn incident.... he writes inappropriate things a lot.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM ]
That blog is like a car wreck. Cringe worthy but I can't look away