Poll: Peyton or Alex?

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Peyton would be a awesome qb with the 49ers and our O-LINE. Make no mistake on this. I think you have been brainwashed with watching Alex Smith for 5 to 7 seasons and want to keep comparing him with Peyton Manning.....

Whatever you say RaiderJim! Bet you've never even been to a Niner game!
never been to a 49er game or a raider game, but I do know my football. One day if I am lucky in my lifetime I will get to see a 49er game and if that happens, I don't care if its Alex Smith or Manning at QB.......But I can dream?

genius, I was at the game, Alex Smith could not even get a 1st down on 5 trys at the end of the game that would have sent us to the superbowl. He passed the ball on 3 and 5 on the 10 yardline at the end of the game 3 yards and ended up taken a FG instead of a win with a wide open VD in the ez who was having the game of his life. I have had enough of this guy. Let him sign with Seattle for 1 year and $3 mill. YOU R GENIUS!

what are you saying Jim

pwn'd

fight'n the good fight
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Go ahead and jab away. The 49ers can afford to sign Manning and still sign all the great rookies we will draft, and still get another good WR and a G. And will not break the bank. A qb like Manning only comes around once in a lifetime with a intack Defense like the 49ers have, No Balls No Blue Chips! If you want to put your money with Alex Smith so be it, for me I would try and get Manning. The 49ers have the $$$ and the people to make the $$$ work thats why they pay them the money. Its just a matter of it Manning wants to play for the 49ers thats it. I LOL at reading all of your posts not writing them LOL

Well since we have that "intack defense," no matter who our QB is we will win the Super Bowl!

And I agree man, money doesn't matter at all. I don't know why there's all this talk about contracts, guaranteed money, salary cap, etc. None of it matters, LET'S SIGN EVERYBODY!!!

WE will never win a Superbowl with Alex Smith. With any Defense. Thats why after Alex did not sign the 3 year $24 mil dollar deal Jimmy Har got on the plane and told Alex that hes dead to me. If you think Alex Smith is going to take the 49ers or ANY team to the Superbowl, you are one crazy person.

He was 2 fumbles away from doing that, genius.

Two fumbles and whole bunch of three & outs away from getting to the Superbowl. Don't really know if they would have just gone three & out again in OT if Williams didn't fumble - funny thing about 'what could have happened' events - we can make up whatever scenerio we want in an argument.

They scored the GW FG and the TD that tied the game on both of KW's fumbles. Alex did better than Matt Ryan against them, Rogers looked silly against NYG(had 2 TOs I believe and should've had 3-4), and Brady couldn't do anything in the 4th either. So...

Wait a minute - what were we talking about again? Giants defense? Or do we think Manning will be a bettrer 49er QB than Smith?

Circling back to OT - I think Manning is a better QB & I would rather have him than Smith as a 49er QB. I'll just keep it simple & leave it at that. No need to get worried, because the 49ers are not asking for my advice on who to sign.
Go ahead and jab away. The 49ers can afford to sign Manning and still sign all the great rookies we will draft, and still get another good WR and a G. And will not break the bank. A qb like Manning only comes around once in a lifetime with a intack Defense like the 49ers have, No Balls No Blue Chips! If you want to put your money with Alex Smith so be it, for me I would try and get Manning. The 49ers have the $$$ and the people to make the $$$ work thats why they pay them the money. Its just a matter of it Manning wants to play for the 49ers thats it. I LOL at reading all of your posts not writing them LOL

Well since we have that "intack defense," no matter who our QB is we will win the Super Bowl!

And I agree man, money doesn't matter at all. I don't know why there's all this talk about contracts, guaranteed money, salary cap, etc. None of it matters, LET'S SIGN EVERYBODY!!!

WE will never win a Superbowl with Alex Smith. With any Defense. Thats why after Alex did not sign the 3 year $24 mil dollar deal Jimmy Har got on the plane and told Alex that hes dead to me. If you think Alex Smith is going to take the 49ers or ANY team to the Superbowl, you are one crazy person.

genius, I was at the game, Alex Smith could not even get a 1st down on 5 trys at the end of the game that would have sent us to the superbowl. He passed the ball on 3 and 5 on the 10 yardline at the end of the game 3 yards and ended up taken a FG instead of a win with a wide open VD in the ez who was having the game of his life. I have had enough of this guy. Let him sign with Seattle for 1 year and $3 mill. YOU R GENIUS!

Tom Brady had the same problem dude. Maybe their defense was just really good. BTW I believe in another thread you said you had never been to a 49ers game? What's up with that?

Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Originally posted by mustangmele:
Peyton would be a awesome qb with the 49ers and our O-LINE. Make no mistake on this. I think you have been brainwashed with watching Alex Smith for 5 to 7 seasons and want to keep comparing him with Peyton Manning.....

Whatever you say RaiderJim! Bet you've never even been to a Niner game!
never been to a 49er game or a raider game, but I do know my football. One day if I am lucky in my lifetime I will get to see a 49er game and if that happens, I don't care if its Alex Smith or Manning at QB.......But I can dream?

what are you saying Jim

pwn'd

fight'n the good fight

lol Looks like you just eviscerated Jim's credibility lol
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Wait a minute - what were we talking about again? Giants defense? Or do we think Manning will be a bettrer 49er QB than Smith?

Circling back to OT - I think Manning is a better QB & I would rather have him than Smith as a 49er QB. I'll just keep it simple & leave it at that. No need to get worried, because the 49ers are not asking for my advice on who to sign.

Good point our opinions are just that our opinions. But mine is opposing yours to a certain extent. I'm just uncomfortable with the money and length of the contract Manning is asking for, that a long time and a lot of money for a physically questionable QB.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Tom Brady had the same problem dude. Maybe their defense was just really good. BTW I believe in another thread you said you had never been to a 49ers game? What's up with that?

I'm actually so excited that you remembered that Jim said that, that I actually just high fived my screen lol!

Oh jimmy boy, you will NEVER, EVER live this down...
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Am I the only who think Alex seems to be getting the shaft again?

not if he was offered a contract over a week ago and didn't sign it

Agent: "We have an offer here of 8 million over 3 years."
Smith: "Looks good. I like the offer, but is this the market value?"
Agent: "Well...I think if we wait we can get better market value, this is how it works, Alex."

........meanwhile........
Agent: "Hey, Jim. You know, Peyton is interested and would be a great fit for your organization."
Jim: "We are currently sitting on an offer to Alex."
Agent: "Alex needs time to consider his options..."
I'm actually so excited that you remembered that Jim said that, that I actually just high fived my screen lol!

Good at least I dont feel like im the only weird one. I was just about to go find the post in the Alex Smith thread when I noticed jreff already posted it.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Agent: "We have an offer here of 8 million over 3 years."
Smith: "Looks good. I like the offer, but is this the market value?"
Agent: "Well...I think if we wait we can get better market value, this is how it works, Alex."

........meanwhile........
Agent: "Hey, Jim. You know, Peyton is interested and would be a great fit for your organization."
Jim: "We are currently sitting on an offer to Alex."
Agent: "Alex needs time to consider his options..."

Well agents are pure bread hustlers.

THIS lol THIS

No he wasn't. What makes you think he was finally going to lead a scoring drive? He wasn't playing well at all. We could have lost even if we didn't fumble or muff the punt.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:

No he wasn't. What makes you think he was finally going to lead a scoring drive? He wasn't playing well at all. We could have lost even if we didn't fumble or muff the punt.

we were winning before the first fumble...after that NY took the lead

If the first fumble never happened we would have won in regulation dude
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

ninerfan818 obviously was not at the game like 49erJim was

ninerfan818 obviously was not at the game like 49erJim was

Jim was on the side lines, in the stands, and in the booth all at once

he also discovered the meatball, electricity, and spider monekys
Share 49ersWebzone