LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Losing Morgan Hurts us, but how bad?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i think most of us would agree it's sad to see morgan gone, he was our most productive receiver before injury... but how bad does this hurt us? personally i think we would be ok... but we do need to sign another receiver (meachem?) and draft a receiver most likely in the mid rounds (3rd or 4th considering the depth considered at the wr position in this years draft) plus moss crabtree and williams WAS a productive wide receiver for those 4 or 5 wide receiver sets no matter how bad a lot of you hate him... so i think we will be ok

other thoughts? well i love to debate so let's get started
I have Cotchery as his cheap replacement...we shall see
not at all
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
he is a third wide out , borderline second, not worth getting into a war, easily replaced in free agency and the draft. jesus
Originally posted by cciowa:
he is a third wide out , borderline second, not worth getting into a war, easily replaced in free agency and the draft. jesus

this
Originally posted by jreff22:

Isn't Cotchery staying w/Pitt?

I don't think it hurts us that bad barring injuries. I'd like to draft some young receivers anyway.
Morgan will be missed and he played very very well for us, in fact I thin if we had Morgan the entire season we go on to the SB and win it all. That being said we still ended up going to the NFC Championship game without him. Loo at the 4 games we lost, do you think we would have won any of them with Morgan??

even if he was still our most productive wideout and now we really should sign another wideout preferably for less money than what those richa$$ redskins gave to morgan
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Draft Stephen Hill and I could give a f****!!!!
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Morgan will be missed and he played very very well for us, in fact I thin if we had Morgan the entire season we go on to the SB and win it all. That being said we still ended up going to the NFC Championship game without him. Loo at the 4 games we lost, do you think we would have won any of them with Morgan??

giants game is disputable if he plays well which he might not have...

Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:

I don't think it hurts us that bad barring injuries. I'd like to draft some young receivers anyway.

i'd absolutely love to draft some young raw talent at the wr position rather than get constant stop gaps also

Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:

not resigned yet
He had the best chemistry with Alex and was good at 3rd down conversions. So yes he hurts us.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
not at all

this.

he will be missed, played very well for us, hes big and can catch runs routes well and blocks well. He did get injured and we went far without him, I think the $$$ was to high to try and sign him. The skins are crazy.

Agreed. The POTENTIAL is undeniable but you could very well argue Moss gives us more immediate help
Share 49ersWebzone