Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Will revisit after draft.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerGM:
$6 mil a year for a "blocking WR". Wow.

Actually I read it was 4 years 12 mil, where are you guys getting 6 mil a year??

Rotoworld is my source btw.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
even if he was still our most productive wideout and now we really should sign another wideout preferably for less money than what those richa$$ redskins gave to morgan
we will get another free agent and get one or two wideouts in the draft(mcnutt), problem solved while the skins throw a bunch of players together, no team chemistry and a over rated head coach who never had to develop a quarterback a day in his life
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Didn't hurt us too bad that we lost him for the season last year AND STILL got to the NFC Championship game
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Morgan will be missed and he played very very well for us, in fact I thin if we had Morgan the entire season we go on to the SB and win it all. That being said we still ended up going to the NFC Championship game without him. Loo at the 4 games we lost, do you think we would have won any of them with Morgan??

giants game is disputable if he plays well which he might not have...

Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I have Cotchery as his cheap replacement...we shall see

Isn't Cotchery staying w/Pitt?

I don't think it hurts us that bad barring injuries. I'd like to draft some young receivers anyway.

i'd absolutely love to draft some young raw talent at the wr position rather than get constant stop gaps also

the Giants game is the one game that I think we would have won for sure if we had Josh Morgan.
Originally posted by cciowa:
even if he was still our most productive wideout and now we really should sign another wideout preferably for less money than what those richa$$ redskins gave to morgan
we will get another free agent and get one or two wideouts in the draft(mcnutt), problem solved while the skins throw a bunch of players together, no team chemistry and a over rated head coach who never had to develop a quarterback a day in his life
i love your thinking with mcnutt... not just because i am an iowa fan but i have had a lot of time to look at how he plays and i like the guy
Redskins are by far the stupidest organization in football in regards to FA and the draft. They are f**king clueless. Their AFC stupidity counterpart would have to be the Raiders.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Actually I read it was 4 years 12 mil, where are you guys getting 6 mil a year??

he can be a FA in two years.
doesnt hurt at all if anything helps our salary cap Redskins paid him 2yr 12 million NO WAY we would pay him $6 a yr LOL dumbassess
We played the majority of the season without him, and managed to go 13-3. It sucks because he was a young WR with talent, but I don't think it will effect the team's ability to win very much. Morgan was good, but not irreplaceable.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

PFT says it's a 5 year deal that will void to two years to prevent taking a huge cap hit, and the deal is worth 12 million (so essentially 12 million over two years). 7.5 guaranteed.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i love your thinking with mcnutt... not just because i am an iowa fan but i have had a lot of time to look at how he plays and i like the guy

we get mcnutt in the third round, book it
it sux losing him but we will survive
Originally posted by cciowa:

were not going to get MCNUTT. He will be long gone.
Share 49ersWebzone