There are 226 users in the forums

Losing Morgan Hurts us, but how bad?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
HILL
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
i love your thinking with mcnutt... not just because i am an iowa fan but i have had a lot of time to look at how he plays and i like the guy

we get mcnutt in the third round, book it

lol we iowans think alike

EDIT: if we do we might have to trade up in the third round though
[ Edited by NinerDieHard on Mar 13, 2012 at 5:12 PM ]
Hail, the victorious dead!

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erJim:
were not going to get MCNUTT. He will be long gone.

ok we get him in the second
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
were not going to get MCNUTT. He will be long gone.

ok we get him in the second

i hope we get him.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
not at all

this! if i recall he didnt help us get to the nfc championship last year.
Screw Morgan. He isn't worth the money that Washington is paying. That's what they do, over value people. I'll take Crabtree, Moss, and a Rookie to replace Morgan. Morgan isn't that special, people just value him at the zone because of beat writers.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
not at all

this! if i recall he didnt help us get to the nfc championship last year.

yes but if i recall (trust me i do) we never made it to the super bowl... morgan in means ginn doesn't play as much meaning he might not get hurt because of score difference while returning which does affect play which means williams is not in as returner and never fumbles even if we don't play better in the NFCC because morgan is in...

MORGANCEPTION!!!
Originally posted by Youngone:
Screw Morgan. He isn't worth the money that Washington is paying. That's what they do, over value people. I'll take Crabtree, Moss, and a Rookie to replace Morgan. Morgan isn't that special, people just value him at the zone because of beat writers.

You would think the team tanked after Morgan was hurt by the way some guys talk.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:
he probably started to believe his own press clippings by some who said he was so awesome, he is an ex niner, i have exed him out of my life and as you said,, easily replaceable

not at all
There is a massive load of receivers just like him, and potentially better, in this years draft.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
It does not hurt the 49ers at all, on the field anyway. They made it to the NFC Championship game without him after he was injured in the TB game. If he had stayed, it would have made them better, which can be also be accomplished by adding other WR's (including but not limited to Moss). I thought he would have ended up staying, but , overall, its not a huge loss.
Wow! Just got back. They are giving Morgan 12 mil for 2 years with 7.5 guaranteed I like Morgan and think he's good with us. But talk about over paid. And he just came off a broken leg. Freak'n Redskins are crazy. So they are thinking Morgan will be the Carlos Rogers for them next year. Maybe Shanny thinks he's the next Ed McCaffery like I always think Morgan could be.
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
i think most of us would agree it's sad to see morgan gone, he was our most productive receiver before injury... but how bad does this hurt us? personally i think we would be ok... but we do need to sign another receiver (meachem?) and draft a receiver most likely in the mid rounds (3rd or 4th considering the depth considered at the wr position in this years draft) plus moss crabtree and williams WAS a productive wide receiver for those 4 or 5 wide receiver sets no matter how bad a lot of you hate him... so i think we will be ok

other thoughts? well i love to debate so let's get started

In what way was he our "most productive" receiver? Statistically speaking, Crabtree was more productive over the past 3 years by far.

From 2008-2010, Crabtree had 107 first downs, compared to Morgan's 59 over the same span.

In my view, Morgan has been overrated on this board. Don't get me wrong I liked him, but I see him as a #3 more than a starter.

I believe Crabtree's production will increase significantly with a deep threat opposite to him. I can see him becoming a Chis Carter type of player in time. Now lets see if Randy can be Randy!
[ Edited by BayAreaNinersFan on Mar 13, 2012 at 5:37 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone