LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

CB Perrish Cox a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Here is what I put a few weeks back in the Perrish Cox acquitted of rape thread.

Guy had a ton of talent coming out of Oklahoma State but went in round 5 because of his off the field issues. In 3 years, 6 ints, 21 passes broken up, 2155 kick return yards with a 25.1 average, 4 tds with a long of 96, 98, 90 and on punt returns (2 years) he had 1 td 496 yards with a 12.1 average and long of 63 and 67 Edit: one year he was 3rd in the nation in kick return average at 29.83.

I actually really liked him coming out of college but the guy needs to get his priority's straight. We have the staff to do that. Not sure if money was released but should be a good deal. I'm happy...
The staff won't be with him 24/7. It's all about if this guy has matured and wants to handle himself better. So far he's been a f**k up on every level. And I'm sure he's had strong willed folks telling him how to conduct himself. Maybe this rape case humbled him to the point where he really does want to make a change for the better.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
You guys are silly, this guy will be nothing more than Teddy Ginn's replacement; nothing more, nothing less. -He's too short to be a CB, and made his college career doing kick/punt returns. -This guy is not going to be Carlos Rogers' replacement.

You may be right but if he is a good returner that means we will not have to spend a high priced draft choice on a cb/kr. whatever he could bring us in the world of being a cornerback would just be gravy. lets keep an open mind, many thought walt harris would be garbage, many thought rogers would be garbage, let us not rush to judgement
Originally posted by TlSSER:
"Photo of Perrish Cox getting acquitted in court"

Does anyone have the explanation of the cholula on the table yet…?

Exhibit A??? Maybe she was Spanish.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Here is what I put a few weeks back in the Perrish Cox acquitted of rape thread.

Guy had a ton of talent coming out of Oklahoma State but went in round 5 because of his off the field issues. In 3 years, 6 ints, 21 passes broken up, 2155 kick return yards with a 25.1 average, 4 tds with a long of 96, 98, 90 and on punt returns (2 years) he had 1 td 496 yards with a 12.1 average and long of 63 and 67 Edit: one year he was 3rd in the nation in kick return average at 29.83.

I actually really liked him coming out of college but the guy needs to get his priority's straight. We have the staff to do that. Not sure if money was released but should be a good deal. I'm happy...
those are the two that worry me... first one i think can be fixed by him and him alone... second one can be coached up if it's hands trouble... but he looks like a great coverage guy with a question mark at hands
Cox, Crabs, VD, Dix............. Grow up 12 year old posters.
Originally posted by RayWersching:
Originally posted by TlSSER:
"Photo of Perrish Cox getting acquitted in court"

Does anyone have the explanation of the cholula on the table yet…?

Exhibit A??? Maybe she was Spanish.

[ Edited by TlSSER on Mar 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM ]
Calm down zoners.. a) this guy was booted out of denver not because of talent but because of legal matters and regime change b) he is depth at the CB position and at the return position, 2 areas we need it. IMO this gives the club more flexibility in choosing receivers, if they were planning on grabbing two in the draft, then one would of needed to be a return man. Now there is no longer that problem, so if the club wanted they could go Hill & Sanu, or Sanu & streeter later on. Theyre no longer forced to go after a guy like Wylie or Brazill if a big receiver is still on the board and rated higher.

Remember just because we sign these guys doesnt mean they make the roster... they gotta prove themselves all summer and in TC not to get cut. Any hint of legal troubles for cox or attitude from Moss...they will get cut.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Matt Maiocco ‏ @MaioccoCSN Reply Retweet Favorite · Open "We have done our due diligence and are confident that Perrish will be a positive contributor to 49ers, as well as our community" -Baalke

clean slate number 2
that is good enough for me. i drink the bathwater of our front office and head coach
still want Carlos and royal here
Eric Branch Also In San Francisco Sports
#49ers ... more Perrish Cox: "I never want to be in the position that I was in before ever again. That's not me. I'm not that type of guy. To prove that, I will show the community, and the coaches, and the team, what type of guy I am, and can be. From here on out, I'll show it."

What is going on here? Are the Niners now the Raiders west? Another "character concern" signing by Baalke and Harbaugh. Kid has talent, but has been in trouble even when he was OK St. I hope these guys work out, but gotta scatch my head over the last couple of signings.
Originally posted by Howlett49:

You're obviously new here. 12 year old humor is a staple.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's only 25, you got to love that.
Originally posted by Howlett49:

Yeah not that this has been a running joke since 2006. So welcome to the internet, a world where being PC does not matter.

It is awesome
Perrish Cox ‏ @pcox16
I want 2 thank the owner, gm, coaches and the rest of the 49ers organization 4 believing in me and givin me the chance 2 play 4 them!!
Share 49ersWebzone