LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

CB Perrish Cox a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
two big needs for this offseason were WRs and CBs. and we're already making moves. Gotta love it.
even if gore
[ Edited by TlSSER on Mar 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM ]
Originally posted by TlSSER:
bye bye theodore

I hope not. Our single biggest, missed-the-super-bowl-because-of-it, problem last year was we didn't have anyone to replace Ginn when he got injured. I would rather have Cox as return insurance and let a proven returner like Ginn keep the role (hopefully).
You guys are silly, this guy will be nothing more than Teddy Ginn's replacement; nothing more, nothing less. -He's too short to be a CB, and made his college career doing kick/punt returns. -This guy is not going to be Carlos Rogers' replacement.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Yeah, you never want to take fliers on guys with character issues like Carl Nicks. They'll never pan out.

Yep. Especially when it's with a low year, low money contract. NEVER!
even if gore

LOL - it never gets old.
Originally posted by nannite:
bye bye theodore

I hope not. Our single biggest, missed-the-super-bowl-because-of-it, problem last year was we didn't have anyone to replace Ginn when he got injured. I would rather have Cox as return insurance and let a proven returner like Ginn keep the role (hopefully).

yeah bruh....i wanna keep ginn too....but he's gonna want a big time prime time contract
Sounds good to me
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
As a KR/PR, how much worse is this guy than Ginn? I can't believe he can possibly be better.
Eric Branch Also In San Francisco Sports
#49ers Perrish Cox said he went to dinner with CEO Jed York and GM Trent Baalke: "Like I was telling them, whatever happened, happened. I take full responsibility for my actions, but it will never happen again. I'm a positive guy."

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
You guys are silly, this guy will be nothing more than Teddy Ginn's replacement; nothing more, nothing less. -He's too short to be a CB, and made his college career doing kick/punt returns. -This guy is not going to be Carlos Rogers' replacement.

even so, its an interesting signing. I agree that it won't change our pursuit of Rogers, and he won't necessarily be starting over him, but if nothing else he will give us some talent at the back end of our CB depth chart, and maybe he will push Culliver or Brock for some serious playing time.

you never know, this guy could be primed for a big turnaround and a breakout year. or he could end up being cut by August.
I just read that he played under Ed Donatell with broncos. So im guessing that Donatell lobbied for him so i trust this signing will be a good value bc Donatell knows his s***
Originally posted by captveg:
even if gore

LOL - it never gets old.

i think i might make that a shirt this weekend. lol
If da Cox don't fit, you must acquit
Share 49ersWebzone