LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

ILB Larry Grant (RFA) to be tendered

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
i think those who always look for awesome plays with silver and gold all over them are very short sighted. maybe they should look at all of the little things a player like he does, pursuit, tackle, take right angles, speed. i take those things over the so called extraordinary plays.i may be the only one but i do not look at a players worth by the number of you tube highlights he has

Thanks Professor Profound, but being that we are talking about the best of the best, all the little things are a given.....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Thanks Professor Profound, but being that we are talking about the best of the best, all the little things are a given.....
I hope you feel better now actually without knowing it, you hit on the key for bowman.. the little things. he does a great job of doing the little things and anyone who knows about football knows, if you do the little things well, the big things will result. I understand the solid little things a player does will never show up on you tube but one should never base a player on how many flashy plays he makes. I now will have to look up what profound means I always appreciate it when other posters give me food for thought and help me to expand my knowledge
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
profound

showing great knowledge, intense, absolute.. thats me
penetrating deeply.. that sounds a bit naughty
Anyone saying Bowman doesn't make outstanding plays is wrong IMO. There have been a bunch of plays Bowman made where I honestly thought it was Patrick Willis. Just one off the top of my head would be catching Vick on a 3rd down in the flats. So what if he doesn't have youtube highlights. He has a lot of highlights.. nobody has took the time to make a video.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Anyone saying Bowman doesn't make outstanding plays is wrong IMO. There have been a bunch of plays Bowman made where I honestly thought it was Patrick Willis. Just one off the top of my head would be catching Vick on a 3rd down in the flats. So what if he doesn't have youtube highlights. He has a lot of highlights.. nobody has took the time to make a video.
you are most profound . plus the guy never makes mistakes. that is not a usual you tube highlight
I don't see why they would just tender him for 7th round. Doesn't make sense. Getting a 7th rounder back if somebody offers him is not much.
you are most profound . plus the guy never makes mistakes. that is not a usual you tube highlight

Yeah, you go through the defensive videos and most people would put ints and sacks. Anyone who goes back and watches all the games when we are on defense will see some outstanding plays by Bowman. I'm just not sure why anyone is worried about keeping Grant to start for Bowman in the future. He is under contract for 2 more years plus he can be franchised tag 2 more years after that. Even if we tag him once you can't say hey Grant in 4 years you can start if Bowman doesn't re-sign... just play special teams and wait your turn.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 11, 2012 at 10:05 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Yeah, you go through the defensive videos and most people would put ints and sacks. Anyone who goes back and watches all the games when we are on defense will see some outstanding plays by Bowman. I'm just not sure why anyone is worried about keeping Grant to start for Bowman in the future. He is under contract for 2 more years plus he can be franchised tag 2 more years after that. Even if we tag him once you can't say hey Grant in 4 years you can start if Bowman doesn't re-sign... just play special teams and wait your turn.
agree, its not fair to him. i am very simple and stupid but i just think grant can be replaced by a mid round draft pick or a vet this summer(that is how we got grant back in the first place). much ado about nothing in my opinion

You guys got me all wrong. I'm not judging players soley on Youtube highlights, but when you have two players that are equally fundamentally sound then you have to look at who can do the extra ordinary. All I"m saying is I have yet to see Bowman make a play like when Willis caught up with the AZ WR and tackled him starting from across the field. Or how about that sick interception and TD run back in the Seahawks/Rams game?
any news on larry grant or is he coming back???

Originally posted by schmons:

No, but I kind of have a feeling he won't get signed to a big offer sheet.
Originally posted by schmons:

Unless he gets signed to an offer sheet and the FO declines to match it, yes he'll be back.

He made great plays, but I saw many more missed tackles out of him than Willis (who never misses tackles )
we have money since Manning didnt sign get him back here
Originally posted by dhp318:
He made great plays, but I saw many more missed tackles out of him than Willis (who never misses tackles )

I believe him and TKO a few years ago had like 3 missed for the entire season. Even without the pulled hamstring miss I did see Willis miss a handful this year. Maybe 5. Bowman as well but I don't think we anyone should argue over Bowman vs Willis instead just enjoying the fact that we have both and Bowman only cost us pick 91 plus we managed to get an extra 4th out of it from SD from trading down from 79.
Share 49ersWebzone