There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ILB Larry Grant (RFA) to be tendered

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by dhp318:
He made great plays, but I saw many more missed tackles out of him than Willis (who never misses tackles )

I believe him and TKO a few years ago had like 3 missed for the entire season. Even without the pulled hamstring miss I did see Willis miss a handful this year. Maybe 5. Bowman as well but I don't think we anyone should argue over Bowman vs Willis instead just enjoying the fact that we have both and Bowman only cost us pick 91 plus we managed to get an extra 4th out of it from SD from trading down from 79.

And SD got TKO and Manusky ... Haha ... and wait, they didn't make the playoffs. Sucks for TKO, but seriously, the man cannot get to the playoffs!
As for Grant it's still early... teams will look for unrestricted free agents 1st. Even though Grant is young most teams will just look to the draft for their LB needs. Believe it or not a lot of good players teams wouldn't give up a pick for because they overvalue draft picks plus the draft is usually cheaper and the guys are younger.

Knock on wood I wouldn't be surprised if Grant came back but it's still very very early. Might seem like FA has been going for months but it's only been a week.
As for Grant it's still early... teams will look for unrestricted free agents 1st. Even though Grant is young most teams will just look to the draft for their LB needs. Believe it or not a lot of good players teams wouldn't give up a pick for because they overvalue draft picks plus the draft is usually cheaper and the guys are younger.

Knock on wood I wouldn't be surprised if Grant came back but it's still very very early. Might seem like FA has been going for months but it's only been a week.

Looked up the deadline to extend offers -- it's April 20. So one month.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Great so we have another month of this Wallace b.s.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Yep, mentioned that in another thread about Wallace. If we want Wallace we have until then to free up some cap room by restructuring and make an offer. Howlett, I know people are getting pretty carried away with Wallace. Not saying he isn't a great player... giving up pick 30 is fine it's the 50 million he will want that's the big deal. Is Wallace even an under neath guy? I know he is one of the league's best deep threats which fits Pitt and Roethlisberger because they go deep a lot more than we do. Not sure I want to spend 50 on a WR who isn't a complete package.

Also, we have until July 16 to negotiate a long term deal with Goldson otherwise he plays on the 1 year 6.2 million dollar deal. If we want Wallace might be a good way to save 3 mil or so by working him out long term and having a very small cap hit the 1st year.

P.S. OTC, maybe the front office is smarter than all of us and put the right tender on him. We get him back and 600 and some thousand cheaper. We'll see.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 20, 2012 at 4:43 PM ]
DeMeco Ryans to the Eagles via trade from the Texans should help us hold onto Larry. I'm sure some other team still grabs him for the 7th rounder required
Originally posted by ALLDONE:
DeMeco Ryans to the Eagles via trade from the Texans should help us hold onto Larry. I'm sure some other team still grabs him for the 7th rounder required

the hell?? when this happen
Edit: nevermind I see he made his way over.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 20, 2012 at 4:54 PM ]