There are 225 users in the forums

Why did we overpay so much for Brooks? And where does that leave us now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
6 years and only 17.5 mil guaranteed as reported here just over 3 mil a year if he doesn't hit incentives
If he hits incentives he will be worth every penny.

- 3rd on team with 46 QB pressures
- 4th on team with 35 QB hits
- 1st year starting

General manager Trent Baalke, at last week's scouting combine, said that linebacker quartet is so unique in that all four players are capable of playing in every down, whether it is a run or pass scenario.

Yeah those types of players come along all the time and sign for that little amount of guaranteed money
nate clements contract.. nuff said..... great signing!!

Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
First season as a starter, Brooks gets 7 sacks, 1 FF, 10 QB hits, 40 QB pressures AND breaks Tony Romo's ribs...and peeps have got a problem with him re-signing? Niner Talk has gone batsh*t crazy.

I'm pretty sure rogers broke Romos ribs. could be wrong, but i don't think i am.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/19/11/Brooks-not-Rogers-had-rib-breaking-hit-o/l_49ers.html?blockID=564865
This is your worst thread ever. There is no way the way this contract is written that you can say one of the starting 3-4 OLB on one of the best defenses in the NFL is overpaid. He is the perfect compliment to the defense we run,that is why he looks so good here.

Go sign a FA or draft a player who can step in and play at his level ... you will end up paying way more.
Originally posted by awol36:
nate clements contract.. nuff said..... great signing!!

Who is this

I suddenly for some reason don't care about the 49ers or Ahmad Brooks contract. Hmmm
Nah. It was Brooks.

I stand corrected. In my mind i remember it being a blitzing corner that did it. I was also probably fairly drunk at the time lol.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Who is this

Bruce Lee
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Who is this

Bruce Lee

The chick lolz
We have yet to see the contract details. The initial reports are agent produced. He wont ever see 44M. What we know is its 6 years, could max out at 44m with 17.5 guaranteed. My first thought seeing it was....3 years 17.5 million. Which I have no problem with. The cap number should be relatively low. Thats the team advantage of the 6th year.....

Originally posted by dhp318:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/09/19/11/Brooks-not-Rogers-had-rib-breaking-hit-o/l_49ers.html?blockID=564865

Ah its all coming together now, thnx for the link.
First season as a starter, Brooks gets 7 sacks, 1 FF, 10 QB hits, 40 QB pressures AND breaks Tony Romo's ribs...and peeps have got a problem with him re-signing? Niner Talk has gone batsh*t crazy.

More like SanDiego49er wants to complain just to complain.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Nah. It was Brooks.

I stand corrected. In my mind i remember it being a blitzing corner that did it. I was also probably fairly drunk at the time lol.

i think carlos rogers hit was the one that punctured his lung. man, the niners did work on romo, too bad the niners dont play the cowboys again next year
[ Edited by schmons on Feb 29, 2012 at 7:52 PM ]
Niner Talk never fails lol...

Look, the simple fact of the matter the front office believes that Brooks is a player who is going to improve as he enters the prime of his career after the way he performed in his first full year of starting. They are much smarter in determining that than anyone on this message board, except for that Andes guy who works for an NFL agency which means he is smarter than all of us.
BROOKS WAS NOT OVERPAID!! AND I KNOW THIS BETTER THEN ALL OF YOU BECAUSE MY BOSS GAVE ME THIS COIN

Share 49ersWebzone