There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why did we overpay so much for Brooks? And where does that leave us now?

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Jesus f**king Christ!!!!

Last year it was, "Why isn't Harbaugh at the Scouting Combine, waaaaa, waaaaa, waaaaaaa!!!!"

SanDiego49er, you will always find something to b***h about, seriously dude, change the f**king record!

ha ha i forgot about that he also told us we would rue the day we let rashawn woods leave. he is a good guy and a good fan but sometimes micromanages to much

Good God I hope your joking
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He will if he plays out his contract and meets signing bonuses and other bonus money....

if he actually gets paid all 44 million, then the contract is a bargain.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
KamerIon Wimbley
5 year 48 mil 29 guarenteed
Chad Greenway
5 year 41 mil 21 guarenteed
Karlos Dansby (2010)
5 year 43 mil 22 guarenteed

Is Brooks better then these men?
Keep I'm mind Brooks also played more snaps then ant othe defensive player

Wimbley: 11 Sacks, 69 Tackles - Career High.

Brooks: 7 Sacks, 49 Tackles - Career High.

Yup and he followed that rookie performance with
5.0, 4.0, 6.5, 9.0, 7.0
Raiders didn't pay him for those 11 sacks he got
Originally posted by schmons:
they were probably never in the running anyways

Originally posted by schmons:
Originally posted by susweel:
Get over it its not your money.

Yeah but it effects the future cap and how many guys we can sign. And guys this year like Colston, Vincent Jackson and Dwayne Bowe. All probably out now.

they were probably never in the running anyways
only because we wouldnt have shelled out the money to get one of them. we had the cap space to but instead gave the money to brooks. unless the deal is full of incentives we over paid.
Im sure his base pay the first couple of yrs is pretty low. Its most likely a back loaded contract.
affects
KamerIon Wimbley
5 year 48 mil 29 guarenteed
Chad Greenway
5 year 41 mil 21 guarenteed
Karlos Dansby (2010)
5 year 43 mil 22 guarenteed

Is Brooks better then these men?
Keep I'm mind Brooks also played more snaps then ant othe defensive player

Wimbley: 11 Sacks, 69 Tackles - Career High.

Brooks: 7 Sacks, 49 Tackles - Career High.

Yup and he followed that rookie performance with
5.0, 4.0, 6.5, 9.0, 7.0
Raiders didn't pay him for those 11 sacks he got

+1
Well he never did that in his career. I hope he does. But we will see.

First season as a starter, Brooks gets 7 sacks, 1 FF, 10 QB hits, 40 QB pressures AND breaks Tony Romo's ribs...and peeps have got a problem with him re-signing? Niner Talk has gone batsh*t crazy.
when is the last time this organization has put themselves in a positoin to be hog tied by a contract?

and on another note brooks isn't sticking his hand in any zoners pockets to get paid so who gives a rats azz
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
First season as a starter, Brooks gets 7 sacks, 1 FF, 10 QB hits, 40 QB pressures AND breaks Tony Romo's ribs...and peeps have got a problem with him re-signing? Niner Talk has gone batsh*t crazy.

I'm pretty sure rogers broke Romos ribs. could be wrong, but i don't think i am.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Well he never did that in his career. I hope he does. But we will see.

this

We hit and miss with OLBs for 5 years and we finally find a couple and people get mad that we resign him for 44 mill

3-4 OLBs are not easy to find theyre one of the hardest positions to find because it takes such a large skill set, you hav eto be able to rush the passer, be strong against the run, set the edge and occasionally drop back in coverage, and also play with your hand in the dirt sometimes.

Its not an easy position to find and Brooks is definitely worth 44 mill because he's the most complete OLB on the team right now. Aldon needs work against the run and in pass coverage

Solid player that is entering the prime of his career that plays a position thats hard to find

[ Edited by ImaMod on Feb 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM ]
Originally posted by KegBert:

I'm pretty sure rogers broke Romos ribs. could be wrong, but i don't think i am.

It was Brooks.
WE DID NOT OVER PAY FOR BROOKS ...WHO ARE YOU AND DID YOU WATCH THE DEFENSE THIS YEAR, YOU SHOULD LOOK AT BEING A FAN OF ANOTHER TEAM.
Hes not overpaid. I dont understand why this is so difficult. Either he plays poorly, and doesnt earn his entire contract.....or he plays at a Pro Bowl level, and earns the whole contract.

Good resigning.
Originally posted by KegBert:

Nah. It was Brooks.