There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Over/Under Crabtree playing 2 preseason games

Agree 49ersall--if he can stay healthy this offseason, attend the mini-camps and then TC he and Smith may develop into a deadly duo, much as AS and VD have done. Would be great to have two or more receivers catching those TDs and creating some blowouts so the D can relax a bit and play their younger guys.
I think with Harbaugh as our coach and the fact that we got to the NFC Championship game, Crabtree will man up and, if asked to, play in all preseason games because he likes to win and get the ball.
anyone interested in an over under for joe staley catches in 2012-- 3?
anyone interested in an over under for issac soapaga catches in 2012-- 2?
[ Edited by hofer36 on Feb 25, 2012 at 2:56 PM ]
I'm not confident, Hope I'm wrong.
Under, and for those wondering, he is tradeable/cuttable.

Has $4.077M left in bonus money, If cut/traded after march 13th, we spread the remaining bonus money over 2 years as cap hits(Dead Money).

His dead money would be $1.359M(2012) and $2.718M(2013), and savings are $4M(2012), $3.641M(2013) and $5.359M(2014).
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Under, and for those wondering, he is tradeable/cuttable.

Has $4.077M left in bonus money, If cut/traded after march 13th, we spread the remaining bonus money over 2 years as cap hits(Dead Money).

His dead money would be $1.359M(2012) and $2.718M(2013), and savings are $4M(2012), $3.641M(2013) and $5.359M(2014).

I'd take a third, or fourth for the guy, send him to Dallas, he doesn't want to be here...
I'll take the over. I think he knows he has to after the piss-poor playoff showing he had. He knows this team is watching him and he has to make the most of his opportunity this year. He has shown he can make the plays, he just has to work on the timing with Smith and separation. He knows he has a potential pay-day coming in two years and a flag of not playing in pre-season could cost him millions.
bust
Originally posted by VANiner:
I'll take the over. I think he knows he has to after the piss-poor playoff showing he had. He knows this team is watching him and he has to make the most of his opportunity this year. He has shown he can make the plays, he just has to work on the timing with Smith and separation. He knows he has a potential pay-day coming in two years and a flag of not playing in pre-season could cost him millions.

Agree with this and particularly the sentence in boldface.
Crabs got his shot with the new staff last year, and failed. Crabtree never wanted to be here, so trade him. I have ne attachment to him, none, he has never done anything that made me say, "wow, are we lucky we have this guy".
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Crabs got his shot with the new staff last year, and failed. Crabtree never wanted to be here, so trade him. I have ne attachment to him, none, he has never done anything that made me say, "wow, are we lucky we have this guy".

if he does not show a team attitude this off season i think he will be gone and i am ok with that, they cut edwards for being lazy , a malcontent and in general not being a good locker room person , sing may have had seperate rules for craps as compared to others but not this coaching staff
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The 49ers need more competition at WR. The problem with Crabtree is ENTITLEMENT. He was a top draft pick with the big contract. He had the long holdout, even after that holdout he was made the starter immediately. Vernon has tried to get through to him. I bet you if the 49ers brought in some more WRs, not just JAGs, but guys who have a chance to earn significant playing time, you can bet your candy ass, Crabs won't start training on his own, milking sprains, soreness, etc.
I suspect JH will see to it that Crabs plays. Otherwise, he will dump him.