There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Signed LS Ryan Pontbriand, Browns former LS(Under Seely)

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Ryan_Pontbriand/2084616/49ers-agreed-to-terms-with-ls-ryan-pontbriand-formerly-of-the

Not sure what to think about this one, but he was a pro bowler in 07 and 08.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Feb 21, 2012 at 5:10 PM ]
2 pro bowl long snappers?

#championship
Are the 49ers the first team in the NFL to have a backup long snapper whose position is actually long snapper???
Originally posted by crabman82:
2 pro bowl long snappers?

#championship

Looks like this may be a good signing, he plays Center also, so he could be a backup C and LS, heck why not, he was with Seely in Cleveland, I'm all for it.
but can he play OLB????
I hope they dont mess around and let BJ go because the dude is flawless. Long snapper is a very important position please dont f**k it up.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
but can he play OLB????

No, but Brian Jennings can, this is all an effort to free him up from being a long snapper so he can become a starter at OLB......G-E-N-I-US!!!!
Originally posted by susweel:
I hope they dont mess around and let BJ go because the dude is flawless. Long snapper is a very important position please dont f**k it up.

he might be a back up center. If this is true, a very good signing imo.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by susweel:

he might be a back up center. If this is true, a very good signing imo.

Another likely 1-year league minimum deals that may work out, See Costanzo, played under Seely in Cleveland. And yeah he was a center at Rice. So I can see him being a backup C and LS.
i think we're trading vernon davis for 2 first round picks, his stock is very high after the playoffs and brian jennings is your new starting te
i think we're trading vernon davis for 2 first round picks, his stock is very high after the playoffs and brian jennings is your new starting te

and we can use those draft picks to move up and draft RG3
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

and we can use those draft picks to move up and draft RG3

and then play him as QB+RB in the Wild Cat, and we can have him hand it off to Moran Norris and go out for passes even!
Does the make 3 long snappers on the team now? Didn't we sign 1 to a future contract, than we have Jennings, and now this guy.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Does the make 3 long snappers on the team now? Didn't we sign 1 to a future contract, than we have Jennings, and now this guy.

49ers are like the Dukes in Trading Places, but instead of frozen orange juice, they're trying to corner the market on long snappers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSZKDkLgzhk&feature=related
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 21, 2012 at 6:12 PM ]
I'm pretty sure that this won't affect Brian. If I'm wrong I will be pissed. That is one area of the team we should not mess with.