LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 155 users in the forums

WILL YOU CHEER OR BOO KYLE WILLIAMS THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE HIM ON THE FIELD?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

WILL YOU CHEER OR BOO KYLE WILLIAMS THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE HIM ON THE FIELD?

Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
If he makes the team I personally will wait and see if he f*cks anything up before booing him into the next millennium like 3012.
But if he plays well I'll cheer him like nobody's business.
It was the coaches' faults that he stood right next to a punt he wasn't going to field? That has nothing to do with a fumbling history. That's just being stupid
The first time his name is mentioned, he's getting booed. What else do you think would happen?
Originally posted by Niners99:
Why would you cheer him? You don't have to boo, but he's got a lot of work to do in gaining the fans support back.

This. While I'm looking at the webzone f.....g banner at the top of the page with an ad for si that has the Giants on the cover with the title champions. F.....g ironic.
[ Edited by Husker49er on Feb 20, 2012 at 5:10 AM ]
While I was extremely unhappy with those fumbles I'm not going to boo the kid.

Even though I only played football through just high school I can tell you it's a terrible feeling to make a mistake that hurts your team and I never made the mistakes of Williams magnitude so I can only imagine how horrible that must feel.

So I'll treat him like every 49er player and cheer for him and wish him the best while he's wearing the red and gold. Nobody knows what's ahead of him in his career and if somewhere down the line he has an 11 catch 150+ yard Super Bowl performance while catching the game winning catch with under 30 to go I seriously doubt you'll be thinking about those 2 fumbles in the NFC championship game in 2012.
If he is on the team, he is a Niner...I cheer for my Niner's. I wont lie my knee jerk reaction at the time was to want him tossed out on the street. But after some time to calm down, I realized he was a young guy pushed into a tough position by injury. We wasnt our returner all year and it was thurst upon him by the Ginn injury. He probably doenst even drop that second one if the first mistake didnt make him panic and try to do to much to make it up.

He gets a pass on this one...now if he costs another big game like that again....he better be on the first bus out of town..lol
If he is on the team, he is a Niner...I cheer for my Niner's. I wont lie my knee jerk reaction at the time was to want him tossed out on the street. But after some time to calm down, I realized he was a young guy pushed into a tough position by injury. We wasnt our returner all year and it was thurst upon him by the Ginn injury. He probably doenst even drop that second one if the first mistake didnt make him panic and try to do to much to make it up.

He gets a pass on this one...now if he costs another big game like that again....he better be on the first bus out of town..lol
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

That's how I feel and many other 9er fans, but what do you think the general consensus will do?
Originally posted by Niners99:
Why would you cheer him? You don't have to boo, but he's got a lot of work to do in gaining the fans support back.

yeah i agree, i see no reason why you'd specifically cheer upon "seeing him on the field"..but if he is on the field, and is making a great play for us, of course I'd cheer. I'd hope that he's busting his ass this off-season to take his game to a different level, because he's gonna have to do some pretty amazing stuff in the next few years to not only redeem himself with Niner fans but also to avoid a lifetime of shame. Football is just a sport to fans like us, but its more than that for a professional, it's a large part of his identity.
In a way, maybe his colossal f**k-up will make him into a sick player for us, someone with an extraordinary cross to bear. That's all I can hope for him and us Niner nation.
  • cools
  • Veteran
I wouldnt Boo him, but im not so sure i want him returning punts

besides the two blunders, he's had some other close ones that could have been disasters
The PR needs to make wise decisions, Williams hasnt shown that

If Ginn is brought back, I think Seely will find someone else to be the backup PR behind him
[ Edited by cools on Feb 20, 2012 at 7:25 AM ]
Can't cheer him but I won't boo him either,If he's on the team I'll just roll with it.

Seeing him on the field will be cringe worthy enough.
Enough is enough. He's suffered long enough and besides, nobody was more tore up about the NFC Championship game outcome than Kyle himself. It's done. It's over. It's water under the bridge. Besides, after the offensive performance in that game, we probably would have gotten destroyed by the Patriots. The Niners simply don't lose Superbowls.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i'd boo A.Smith before I boo KW.
Originally posted by CainanUK:
Enough is enough. He's suffered long enough and besides, nobody was more tore up about the NFC Championship game outcome than Kyle himself. It's done. It's over. It's water under the bridge. Besides, after the offensive performance in that game, we probably would have gotten destroyed by the Patriots. The Niners simply don't lose Superbowls.

i disagree with you there

the giants have a great secondary the patriots dont

our WR and TE wouldve been able to get seperation easily
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
We would've destroyed the Pats.
Share 49ersWebzone