LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

WILL YOU CHEER OR BOO KYLE WILLIAMS THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE HIM ON THE FIELD?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

WILL YOU CHEER OR BOO KYLE WILLIAMS THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE HIM ON THE FIELD?

Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Booo him till I pass out, he's a classic choke artist and a disgrace to the franchise

Same could be said about Roger Craig.

I didn't realize Roger Craig fumbled punts away throughout his college/NFL career. How many Superbowls did Craig win? How about Williams? While Craig choked away the 1990 game he did infinitely more for this franchise than Williams will for any team in his career.

Williams has only played TWO seasons. We've only had a chance to win once. Give the dude a break. He's still young with a lot of upside. Brett Favre started out his career with a pick six. I guess the Packers should've just dumped him and gone with their 3rd stringer, whoever that was.

20 catches shows how much upside? Favre started his career with a pick 6 in the NFC title game?
I'm gonna boo him mercilessly because I'm a classless Niner fan who holds onto past mistakes and never lets go.
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
I'm gonna boo him mercilessly because I'm a classless Niner fan who holds onto past mistakes and never lets go.

We're you also chanting WE WANT CARR?
Yes.
Booo him till I pass out, he's a classic choke artist and a disgrace to the franchise

I didn't realize Roger Craig fumbled punts away throughout his college/NFL career. How many Superbowls did Craig win? How about Williams? While Craig choked away the 1990 game he did infinitely more for this franchise than Williams will for any team in his career.

Williams has only played TWO seasons. We've only had a chance to win once. Give the dude a break. He's still young with a lot of upside. Brett Favre started out his career with a pick six. I guess the Packers should've just dumped him and gone with their 3rd stringer, whoever that was.

20 catches shows how much upside? Favre started his career with a pick 6 in the NFC title game?

Wes Welker caught ZERO passes his first season in the league. He only caught 29 in his 2nd season. It wasn't until his 4th season with the Patriots that he broke out and caught 112 passes.

Kyle Williams? He caught a single pass his first season and 20 this season. That's how it's upside. I've always seen him as a Wes Welker type, given his mold. He's an inch taller and weighs 5 more pounds.

Brett Favre won a Super Bowl as well as throwing away an NFCC game (twice, I believe). Good players lose games sometimes, but there's no need to throw them under the bus. What I'm getting at is that not every player comes into the league like Randy Moss. Some players need time to develop.

That's why he has upside. I want to see more production and more consistency from him. Anymore signs of choking away a game though, that's another story.
Wes Welker caught ZERO passes his first season in the league. He only caught 29 in his 2nd season. It wasn't until his 4th season with the Patriots that he broke out and caught 112 passes.

Kyle Williams? He caught a single pass his first season and 20 this season. That's how it's upside. I've always seen him as a Wes Welker type, given his mold. He's an inch taller and weighs 5 more pounds.

Brett Favre won a Super Bowl as well as throwing away an NFCC game (twice, I believe). Good players lose games sometimes, but there's no need to throw them under the bus. What I'm getting at is that not every player comes into the league like Randy Moss. Some players need time to develop.

That's why he has upside. I want to see more production and more consistency from him. Anymore signs of choking away a game though, that's another story.

Lol at the Favre comparison or Wes Welker for that matter. He's a 4th WR at best and always will be. He blew his biggest chance to make a name for himself instead everybody will remember him for blowing the 49ers first chance since 1997 to go to the Superbowl

He chocked twice in the NFC title game. What left more do you want, for him to strangle the team into agony with a Wes Welker Super Bowl dropped pass? Kyle Williams was a choke artist at Arizona as well. Open up your eyes...Pal!

What the heck do you mean 'same could be said about Roger Craig'? Let's to some comparrisons here: Roger Craig a major focal point to help lead the 49ers to 3Super Bowl victories as our workhorse tailback. Kyle Williams major positive impact:zero he's our 4thWR. Roger Craig fumbled 1time in the 1991 NFC title game. Kyle Williams 3times! One of those fumbles we recovered.

What the heck do you mean 'same could be said about Roger Craig'? Let's to some comparrisons here: Roger Craig a major focal point to help lead the 49ers to 3Super Bowl victories as our workhorse tailback. Kyle Williams major positive impact:zero he's our 4thWR. Roger Craig fumbled 1time in the 1991 NFC title game. Kyle Williams 3times! One of those fumbles we recovered.
nada
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Feb 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM ]

• mike
  • Veteran
Cheer. If he's there it means he's earned his position on the roster. There's no way we just give him a spot this time around, lots of WRs getting signed/drafted that will make him work his ass off if he's even going to have a chance.

People make mistakes. He's a very young player who made a few bad plays. Heck how many bad plays has alex made and we've forgiven? If not here, I'll just laugh if he takes that chip on his shoulder and becomes a damn good WR in someone elses offense.
Lol at the Favre comparison or Wes Welker for that matter. He's a 4th WR at best and always will be. He blew his biggest chance to make a name for himself instead everybody will remember him for blowing the 49ers first chance since 1997 to go to the Superbowl

Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
He chocked twice in the NFC title game. What left more do you want, for him to strangle the team into agony with a Wes Welker Super Bowl dropped pass? Kyle Williams was a choke artist at Arizona as well. Open up your eyes...Pal!

Yup, because everyone knew Wes Welker was going to be one of the most productive WRs in the league, too.

I dare not say, but even your great Joe Montana wasn't, okay, here we go now, perfect. In Super Bowls? Yes. In Championship games? Absolutely not.

Hell, we should cut every player that started out making mistakes while we're at it. Sorry, we can no longer have Anthony Davis (how many false starts in 2010?), Vernon Davis (he was a self-centered player not producing) and Frank Gore (fumblitis early on in his career).

Fact of the matter is that players make mistakes. He has not made many mistakes, it's just that he made mistakes in a BIG game. But, nevermind. All in all we didn't lose just because of KW, but sadly, he'll be the one taking the blame. Play as a team, lose as a team.
Kyle Williams, despite whatever he does, will always be remembered as the guy who cost the 49ers a legit chance to win a Super Bowl.

He has no chance for redemption unless we win a title with him making a big contribution (both of which are unlikely).

Our chance to win a SB was this year...and Kyle Williams is THE main reason we didn't see it happen. f**k HIM.
many will boo him, I just want him to make amends.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
many will boo him, I just want him to make amends.

See that's the problem. He can't make amends. Even if he catches 80 balls for 1100 yards and 10 TDs next year, it won't mean s**t unless we win a SB. He failed on the biggest stage and probably will never have a chance to right that wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone