LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

According to Adam Shefter, the 49ers are tryin to get 2 Top WR's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm on the Fleener bandwagon. Sign a top tier-second tier FA WR, draft Fleener, sign a WR in the later rounds, look for someone who can be a return guy as well.
Crabs/ FA /Morgan/ Late pick (we won't run 4 wide often)
Davis/ Fleener /Walker
Originally posted by Gore_21:
True, but I guess it depends on if you want a chance to win a championship or not. Plus Bowe would have to factor in his QB is Orton or Cassell and he has a defensive minded HC in Romeo who's failed already as a HC. Don't get me wrong though they have a lot of talent. Still if they have 60 million in cap or whatever it is no way they don't sign him or Carr to a huge overpaid deal and then at least franchise the other one.

Then you got Manningham who yes can stay and have a chance at another SB but does he really want to play 3rd fiddle to Nicks and Cruz or come here and be a #1 or 2?

LOL.........if its Week 1 of the Season and Manningham is the #1 or #2 WR on the 49ers, I can already tell you that they f**ked up big-time.

People are typically overrating him because of the Super Bowl but he's not any better than Crabtree or Morgan at this point. He played with a pass-happy QB, in a pass-happy offense, I'm waiting for him to go to a team that doesn't have Eli and watch him look.....average.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
lol a rookie picked 30th overall or later is a top reciever?

Could trade up, lol
Originally posted by Genius1310:
I'm on the Fleener bandwagon. Sign a top tier-second tier FA WR, draft Fleener, sign a WR in the later rounds, look for someone who can be a return guy as well.
Crabs/ FA /Morgan/ Late pick (we won't run 4 wide often)
Davis/ Fleener /Walker

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/02/q-should-the-49ers-consider-fleener-a.html

No reason why you can't put VD, Fleener and Walker on the field at the same time with Crabtree and then have the defense pick their poison, either run or pass out of that heavy set, line VD up at WR.
Originally posted by andes14:
Could trade up, lol

Screw that, even if it was for Fleener, I guy I like A LOT, or Kendall Wright. 49ers need depth in several areas, wasting picks for an unproven rookie is just goofy.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
LOL.........if its Week 1 of the Season and Manningham is the #1 or #2 WR on the 49ers, I can already tell you that they f**ked up big-time.

People are typically overrating him because of the Super Bowl but he's not any better than Crabtree or Morgan at this point. He played with a pass-happy QB, in a pass-happy offense, I'm waiting for him to go to a team that doesn't have Eli and watch him look.....average.

I was more of a fan of him when he would have been a cheap #2 but now someone will probably pay him big time and he will start. Either way we can't be worset than this year.

I'm on the Bowe bandwagon if he doesn't get tagged. Not a big fan of Colston or the Jacksons. I'm up in the air as far as the draft goes. I like Criner and McNutt if they make it to the 2nd. Really iffy about Randle, Sanu, Jeffery and Dwight Jones. Kendall Wright's my favorite but he is looking like he might be long gone. I would be ok with Fleener especially if we traded down into the early/mid 2nd. I would understand Konz as well.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 16, 2012 at 1:27 PM ]
Common sense, plus the latest reports trickling out, tell us that we'll sign one of the the following 'name' WRs in FA (assuming none are tagged/resign with their teams): VJax, DJax, Bowe, Johnson, Colston, Wayne, Meachem, Manningham, Garcon.

If we do that, then I think we should draft Fleener at 30. He's much more of a sure thing than any of the WRs that will be around when we pick, and this draft is deep enough at WR that we can still grab a guy like Jones from UNC or Hill or Streeter in the 3rd round. Fleener will be an immediate asset in the passing game, and combining him with VD will be deadly; factoring in his Stanford ties to Harbaugh and Harbaugh's emphasis on TEs and it just seems too perfect to pass up. Depending on what happens in FA with Brooks and Rogers, we can look for an OLB/DE or CB in the 2nd.

Assuming we get one of the WRs in FA, I'd be pretty happy with our draft starting this way:

1st: Fleener
2nd: OLB/DE or CB (replacing Brooks or Rogers if one leaves)
3rd: WR--Jones, Hill, Streeter should all be available.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Baalke needs to go all out and get the guy he wants.We were one game away from playing in the SB.Put the pedal to the metal and patch your weakness this offseason.
In mY opinion.. The perfect draft situation for me would be for us to sign Vincent Jackson.. Draft Michael Floyd from notre dame and then move up in the second and get Cody forever from Stanford.. Our wr would be 1. Crabs 2. Jackson 3. Floyd 4. Morgan 5 ginn and trade delanie walker and our te be Davis and 6'6 fleener. Then resign Brooks and Goldson and draft another corner. We wouldn't be able to afford Rogers cause he wants a very long contract
Originally posted by tankle104:
In mY opinion.. The perfect draft situation for me would be for us to sign Vincent Jackson.. Draft Michael Floyd from notre dame and then move up in the second and get Cody forever from Stanford.. Our wr would be 1. Crabs 2. Jackson 3. Floyd 4. Morgan 5 ginn and trade delanie walker and our te be Davis and 6'6 fleener. Then resign Brooks and Goldson and draft another corner. We wouldn't be able to afford Rogers cause he wants a very long contract

Crabtree would be the 1 over Vincent Jackson huh? lol....

If Bowe doesnt get franchised, we should pay up for him. Hes clearly head and shoulders above every other f/a WR.

Originally posted by tankle104:

There is so much wrong with this I don't even know where to start.

A. Jackson is a headcase, will be expensive and 30 years of age at the start of the next season. That's a trifecta of fail.

B. Floyd won't be available where the 49ers are picking, Sanu might and at this point I'm more sold on Sanu than Floyd who has character issues and an uncomfortably high level of bust factor.

C. Fleener will be gone within the first 5 picks of the 2nd round, IF he makes it into the 2nd, that's a long way to trade up from the very ass end of the round.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Niners + Dwayne Bowe=winnah
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Niners + Dwayne Bowe=winnah

Might as well save money and draft Sanu, similar player to Bowe coming out of college, just more raw but with a higher ceiling.
There's plenty of receiving talent in FA and the draft. Some, like Bowe, won't see FA, though. KC will franchise him if they have to...they simply don't have much receiving talent and aren't about to let him go. There are various scenarios Harbaugh/Baalke could pursue...one is sign Manningham, providing a deep threat, re-sign Morgan and draft Fleener and another WR. . Another could be sign V. Jackson, draft Randle/Jeffery, Fleener and re-sign Morgan. You can substitute other names, but I think you get my drift.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Might as well save money and draft Sanu, similar player to Bowe coming out of college, just more raw but with a higher ceiling.

Bowe is proven.Im trying to address a weakness with a proven commodity.Not a knock on a college player but I just really feel like that #1 WR has been a thorn in this teams side since TO left
Share 49ersWebzone