There are 275 users in the forums

According to Adam Shefter, the 49ers are tryin to get 2 Top WR's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
SF knows where it needs help: 49ers expected to pursue a free-agent WR and use one of their top draft picks on another WR.

@AdamSchefter

sweet
[ Edited by EndAround81 on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:01 PM ]
lol a rookie picked 30th overall or later is a top reciever?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

and Josh Morgan is the free agent receiver.

But yeah...most top receivers are picked 30th or later.......this draft has tons of depth at WR so they should be able to find a guy with good potential somewhere in the draft. After last year's draft, I think some trust in these guys is deserved. There's some terrific looking guys, especially in the later rounds, Streeter, Hill, McNutt, Quick.....lots of talent to be had beyond the 1st round.

Also Schefter never said "top receivers".....he just said WR's...period.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:04 PM ]
maybe do the Bill Walsh 1981 draft--instead of 3 secondary guys draft 3 WR's.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

and Josh Morgan is the free agent receiver.

But yeah...most top receivers are picked 30th or later.......this draft has tons of depth at WR so they should be able to find a guy with good potential somewhere in the draft. After last year's draft, I think some trust in these guys is deserved. There's some terrific looking guys, especially in the later rounds, Streeter, Hill, McNutt, Quick.....lots of talent to be had beyond the 1st round.

Also Schefter never said "top receivers".....he just said WR's...period.

I'd Jizz myself if we landed Colston and drafted Stephen Hill
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:

Yeah except all 3 of those secondary guys were starters, you're not going to find 3 WR's in this draft that will supplant Crabtree and Morgan right off the bat. I'd be happy with just one good WR.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:

Crabtree - Morgan - 1st - 2nd - 3rd

lol
I'd Jizz myself if we landed Colston and drafted Stephen Hill

Pass on Colston, he's 29 and has been having some issues with his knees, would rather take a shot at a more affordable guy like Garcon and then draft a big "project" WR like Hill or Streeter to potentially develop into a #1 receiver.
Meachem and Randle!!
  • mod
  • Veteran
Val says y'all are dickless

Schefter knows zilch.

He is just guessing like the rest of us.

I don't necessarily think he's wrong, but he doesn't have any insider info on this one.
Well we better get a true number 1 wr bc i dont know many sb champs that have won with a bunch of number 2s and 3s without a qb like brady to make them look better. We have crab a numbet 2 approaching a number 1 and then a bunch of number 3s. We need to get a number one wr even if its garcon or stevie johnson or wayne i dont care. You would think the playoffs taught our team this and i think we will get a fa wr but not one of the top 5....being v jax bowe colston deshaun jax stevie johnson.

I think we should give up our late first rounder for wallace. He is worth losing brooks imo
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Schefter knows zilch.

He is just guessing like the rest of us.

I don't necessarily think he's wrong, but he doesn't have any insider info on this one.

"f**k....ESPN is bugging me to post more updates....hmmm.............do the Packers need a new QB yet? Nope, okay, what else....oh yeah, the 49ers are probably going to be looking for receivers, in fact they'll be looking for receivers in free agency and the draft..............HOLY s**t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Originally posted by elguapo:
Well we better get a true number 1 wr bc i dont know many sb champs that have won with a bunch of number 2s and 3s without a qb like brady to make them look better. We have crab a numbet 2 approaching a number 1 and then a bunch of number 3s. We need to get a number one wr even if its garcon or stevie johnson or wayne i dont care. You would think the playoffs taught our team this and i think we will get a fa wr but not one of the top 5....being v jax bowe colston deshaun jax stevie johnson.

I think we should give up our late first rounder for wallace. He is worth losing brooks imo

LOL, if it were only that easy.

Pretty sure Wallace has to sign on the dotted line somewhere along the way. Going from Big Ben to Alex, even as a supporter of Alex I'll tell you that's slumming.
Originally posted by Squidp:
Meachem and Randle!!

Take Meachem, hold the Randle, take Streeter or McNutt in the 2nd or 3rd round.
Share 49ersWebzone