LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

According to Adam Shefter, the 49ers are tryin to get 2 Top WR's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
this is all BS... just a smoke screen I tell you.

BUT this is all speculation anyways. I dont buy anything into reporters say about this team because Jim and Trent are not going to let the media know jack s**t on what they are planning to do.
I hate when people say "the draft is stock piled with good receivers this year". Nfl Analylisis and fans say that garbage every couple years. "The draft is loaded with all kind of receivers so will get one later down the board don't worry". Are you guys that think, are you kidding me? As every other draft this one included there going to be only one receiver that comes out of this draft a star. And 2 other receivers who will become descent journey man that will play 6years in the league. And the rest there career will probably end 3-4 years from now having not done much if anything at all. The only way to asure a good receiver is you go and grab your guy regardless of cost. The year that Jerry Rice was selected,, that was a draft where every NFL analyisists and fan proclaimed this draft is filled with talent at WR. Guess what there was only one guy that was exceptional that became arguably the greatest player ever. Yes every WR coming out is talented, like any other top collegiate athlete. But very few if any are exceptional at the next level. So who ever it is we want we have to go up and snatch, to get our guy. Not the ol' its stock piled with WR's will get a loaf of bread WR then
Except you don't want to telegraph to the entire league what you are going to do.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Except you don't want to telegraph to the entire league what you are going to do.....

I agree for any other year, but after the playoff, the cat is out of the bag and the elephant is spread eagle in the room. They need and most likely will draft wide receivers.
Originally posted by English:
Bearing in mind we were 2 dumb plays away from the Super Bowl, not sure about your last line.

I am hoping for receivers at round 1 and 3 or 4 rather than FA, and a couple of late picks/UDFAs.

My las line is for those who minimize the importance of our WR hole. I am also hoping that we get two WR in the draft (one in the first and one later). But a FA would be good too.
i'm a hurricanes fan and i got to see alot of streeter. i think he'll be a good receiver in the nfl, he catches everything with his hands. he also had jacory harris throwing it to him too.

Talbert
I'll say this much. Behind QB this must be the most difficult position to prognosticate future NFL success because the Niners have flopped with many high picks on WRs. Then the Giants pick up Cruz as an undrafted free agent. WTF. Maybe Cruz wouldn't look so great if not bookended by Manningham and Nicks. If we had a legitimate No. 1, paird with Crabtree and a healthy Morgan, sprinkling in Kyle Williams situationally, that should be a big improvement over what we had most of last year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The sky is blue.
In other news: It's been reported Trent Baalke is out as GM and Matt Millen will be taking his place prior to the draft.

Originally posted by susweel:
The sky is blue.

Water is wet
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
In other news: It's been reported Trent Baalke is out as GM and Matt Millen will be taking his place prior to the draft.

I know its a captain obvious tweet but im willing to bet that Schefter through his sources has an idea of who the Niners are targeting in FA, he wont say who because he doesnt want to bring up possible tampering issues against teams so he keeps it simple in his tweets. My 2 cents
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Squidp:
Meachem and Randle!!

Meachem is a product of Drew Brees. No thanks.

Agreed. Meachem is really no better than Devery Henderson. Also has the worst hands on that team at the WR position.

Meachem= brees
Wayne/Garcon=manning
Manningham= other manning
Vjax= Rivers
Djax= vick

f**k man chances are all these receivers won't do s**t here compared to the stats they put up in their previous offenses lol..
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Squidp:
Meachem and Randle!!

Meachem is a product of Drew Brees. No thanks.

Agreed. Meachem is really no better than Devery Henderson. Also has the worst hands on that team at the WR position.

Meachem= brees
Wayne/Garcon=manning
Manningham= other manning
Vjax= Rivers
Djax= vick

f**k man chances are all these receivers won't do s**t here compared to the stats they put up in their previous offenses lol..

Robert Meachem is garbage.
Share 49ersWebzone