LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Is there any 49er that is more over-rated than Delanie Walker?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Donny Moore ‏@Donny_Moore

Yikes, time for a #Madden13 Catch --- MT Efficiency @PFF_Jeff: TE Delanie Walker has caught 12 passes this season and dropped 7.#49ers
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
I used to think Walker was a decent player but now Im like f**k him.

yea man. he's just not consistent enough. Even VD is a better receiver than him now.

hes is our Titus Young Sr.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Love Delany but his hands have been very inconsistant.

Hes also prone to the big fumble at times too.

Three fumbles in his career.

I said the big fumble not the constant one. They always come at the wrong time when we are in the red zone or about to score.

he seems like a great guy

but he f**king sucks as a player, he's so bad it's not even funny
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I dont really care if he's great guy I would rather him be a douche bag who can catch the damn ball more than 50% of the time.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I dont really care if he's great guy I would rather him be a douche bag who can catch the damn ball more than 50% of the time.

I don't understand why we chose to throw to him, I'm guessing because he's open most of the time? defenses know he's got the dropsies
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch RT @PFF_Jeff: TE Delanie Walker has caught 12 passes this season and dropped 7. #49ers
An infuriating player to watch for sure... he catches the difficult ones and drops the easy ones... makes me nervous every time i see him involved in a play.
I hate seeing Walker on the field. Sure, he gets open. Probably because defenses know that there is a 50% chance he will drop the pass anyway. His hands are an absolute joke. I hope he is either off the team or has a significantly reduced role next year.

Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch RT @PFF_Jeff: TE Delanie Walker has caught 12 passes this season and dropped 7. #49ers

Model of efficiency?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Model of efficiency?

He jacked up Alex Smiths perfect game against Arizona
More overrated than Delanie? Hm.

Let me see...oh yeah...Colin Kaepenick.
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
I hate seeing Walker on the field. Sure, he gets open. Probably because defenses know that there is a 50% chance he will drop the pass anyway. His hands are an absolute joke. I hope he is either off the team or has a significantly reduced role next year.

He is an UFA, and is making liking 2 million this year. I for one would love it if they did not re sign Walker and drafted Zach Ertz or the kid from Notre Dame in the draft at TE. Even at a low first round pick, at least the draft pick would see the field in their rookie season as Romans offense uses multiple TE sets.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
More overrated than Delanie? Hm.

Let me see...oh yeah...Colin Kaepenick.

Yes, that was Colin Kaepernick who threw the ball perfectly into Walker bread basket for the TD that would have put the niners up last week. That was CK who hit Delanie in stride the week before. So Kaepernick is rising boats, wheras Walker is lowering boats.
Share 49ersWebzone