There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh and Kaepernick not on same page?

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Does anyone really think CK has a good chance to unseat Smith? Unless injured Smith will win the job. CK may work his way up the ladder in a year or two but not likely next year.

WHat if he throws the lights out like at Candlestick! I bet he told Harbaugh with Big Ben's bum ankle I can win this game for us coach.
C'mon Put me in Coach!
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Does anyone really think CK has a good chance to unseat Smith? Unless injured Smith will win the job. CK may work his way up the ladder in a year or two but not likely next year.

WHat if he throws the lights out like at Candlestick! I bet he told Harbaugh with Big Ben's bum ankle I can win this game for us coach.
C'mon Put me in Coach!

and Harbaugh said go sit down because Alex is better than you
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Since i believe Tolzien is our better Qb to replace alex if injured, Kap seems to me to be a great part of a package to put together with our #1 pick(#30) and / or Craps for a run at blackmon. I believe Kap can become a good Qb but Tolzien seems a lot better backup and qB ready. Kap also is not JH's man(pick). JH chose alex, and rightfully so. It would not surprise me to see Kap traded for equal value to a team desperately in need of Qb ( i can think of 5 or 6 immediately), and pickup a QB recruit that JH knows from college days, late in draft,,or UDFA. As opposed to all posts above, i think Kap gets traded , but only for equal value, and that value being in WR.

Think about that for a moment. A team picking in top 3, and we offer a former 1st rd WR(craps) who makes circus catches, plus our #1(pick 30), and or Kap a 2nd rd pick. That would seem to me to be a very attractive trade for a team looking at Blackmon. We won't miss Craps, we won't miss Kap, and #30 isn't going to get us best WR to come out in 5 yrs. Sorry to you Kap fans, but that would be a coup. Probability? less than 10%.
yes u are on to some thing ,we have to compromise,CK has very high value but our best bet is trade him for WR either draft pick or FA .He is far to good and all the teams know it .they will grab him ! we win big !
The way I see it: if Smith re-signs and continues to improve at the pace that pleases Harbaugh, the starting job is his. However, Smith will always have to be on top of his game, and keep outpacing CK. Harbaugh said as much after the loss against the Giants.
i think kaep is capable of seating smith. I like the mentality that Kaep has. He believes he can start, wants to start, and will do anything to take that starting spot away from smith.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Whatcha talkin bout Willis!

come on now...you of all people should know that writer is just trying to stir something up. If he did do any research, he would know that Colin's "third party" source as he put it, is actually Jim Harbaugh.

Harbaugh has said it himself. All positions are not given, they are earned.

Originally posted by BrianGO:

come on now...you of all people should know that writer is just trying to stir something up. If he did do any research, he would know that Colin's "third party" source as he put it, is actually Jim Harbaugh.

Did you read Harbaugh's quotes in the article, saying Alex is the guy and that they want him back for sure? That is the complete opposite of open competition. Open competition is "both guys get same reps, same amount of time, and whoever does better wins". This is "compete as hard as you can and if something drastic changes you'll get a chance". It sounds like Kaep took it to be an open competition. In Jim's mind Alex earned that spot with his play this year and the work he put in over the offseason, TC, preseason, during the season, and what he'll do over this offseason.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Did you read Harbaugh's quotes in the article, saying Alex is the guy and that they want him back for sure? That is the complete opposite of open competition. Open competition is "both guys get same reps, same amount of time, and whoever does better wins". This is "compete as hard as you can and if something drastic changes you'll get a chance". It sounds like Kaep took it to be an open competition. In Jim's mind Alex earned that spot with his play this year and the work he put in over the offseason, TC, preseason, during the season, and what he'll do over this offseason.

Of course they want him back. As for the comment, "Alex is the guy"; if I had a dime for every time I've heard a coach say that...

"Drew Bledsoe is our STARTING quarterback..." MUCH stronger praise then "He is our guy". That same year, Bledsoe was replaced with the totally unproven Tony Romo.

Harbaugh followed up with, paraphrasing, "Every position on the field is earned, the quarterback position is no different". Colin is supposed to think this means he can't compete?
People are using a golf game as proof that Colin is not allowed to compete with the incumbent quarterback? I don't get it, he is a competitor, he wants to start. Just like JT O'Sullivan and Shaun Hill wanted to start. If undrafted free agent afterthoughts, Hill and O'Sullivan, were given a chance to compete and win the starting job, why the heck can't our high second round pick be given the same chance?

Of course they want him back. As for the comment, "Alex is the guy"; if I had a dime for every time I've heard a coach say that...

"Drew Bledsoe is our STARTING quarterback..." MUCH stronger praise then "He is our guy". That same year, Bledsoe was replaced with the totally unproven Tony Romo.

Harbaugh followed up with, paraphrasing, "Every position on the field is earned, the quarterback position is no different". Colin is supposed to think this means he can't compete?
People are using a golf game as proof that Colin is not allowed to compete with the incumbent quarterback? I don't get it, he is a competitor, he wants to start. Just like JT O'Sullivan and Shaun Hill wanted to start. If undrafted free agent afterthoughts, Hill and O'Sullivan, were given a chance to compete and win the starting job, why the heck can't our high second round pick be given the same chance?

Because our starting quarterback started every game and led the team deep in the playoffs, playing pretty well, and deserves the chance to see how much better he can get and grow himself. Do you propose every year we let every single guy compete for the starting job at every position taking reps away from the starter? Had Alex been healthy under Martz there is no doubt IMO he would've outperformed your boy JTO, who at the time I remember you compared to Kurt Warner and Steve Young or some such BS. Yeah, you really know quarterbacks.
Because our starting quarterback started every game and led the team deep in the playoffs, playing pretty well, and deserves the chance to see how much better he can get and grow himself. Do you propose every year we let every single guy compete for the starting job at every position taking reps away from the starter? Had Alex been healthy under Martz there is no doubt IMO he would've outperformed your boy JTO, who at the time I remember you compared to Kurt Warner and Steve Young or some such BS. Yeah, you really know quarterbacks.

I never compared JTO to either of those players. You might be thinking of Mike Martz, who is historically overzealous with his praise of quarterbacks.
come on guys you think JH or any in the 49er Brass if Kap outplay AS in Preseason and AS have two or three suppar game he won't pull the trigger and put Kap in?.
Originally posted by cNiner:
come on guys you think JH or any in the 49er Brass if Kap outplay AS in Preseason and AS have two or three suppar game he won't pull the trigger and put Kap in?.

theyre going into a self pity mod... making them feel better if alex gets the job

i just ignore them