LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Harbaugh and Kaepernick not on same page?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I trust harbaugh to make the right descisions. If he doesn't develop harbaugh will know and find a replacement.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
If I hear or read Harbaugh say one more time; " Ohhhhhhhhhhh he's our guy' while his eyes roll up and his lips purse, I'm going to puke. End of story..

so you're saying he's being sarcastic or facetious about AS? That's a reach the height of Yao Ming bro.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
This is what happens when you become an NFL powerhouse....

Some uninformed dickwad from the media fails to connects the dots and writes an untrue, almost libelous piece.

This is how rifts form in teams. I'm confident Harbaugh will quickly plug this hole IN-HOUSE...
its only the trolls that are pumpin up CK. they do it with every back up QB. that we have ever had . let em have fun
Originally posted by darkknight49:
So are Kaepernick threads the new Smith threads?

Don't kid like that..
Harbaugh said the master of the obivous, all positions are earned.

The back up qb stated master of the obvious- I want to earn the starting job.

All of the above sounds good to me. You want your #2 pushing #1 and so on.
Why trade up to draft him? I don't read into these types of articles, although Harbaugh does have a hard on for Alex Smith. I hope Trent Baalke can hold his ground in not giving him a long term deal. I really don't think there will be a competition at all. Alex is the starter.
Of course Kaepernick wants to be the starter...why wouldn't he. Every b/u at all positions wants to be a starter. The reality is the coaches determine who will start and who will back them up. Alex will benefit greatly from a full off-season...to get the full playbook down, to get the reps with what will no doubt be a better receiving corps, etc. So will CK, but there's no substitute for PT, and that's where Alex has a huge edge over Kap. It still wouldn't surprise me to see Harbaugh/Baalke acquire Josh Johnson...because it's been proven over and over you need quality, experienced b/u's at the QB position. Harbaugh (and the team) was fortunate that Alex was healthy for the entire season. Looking at Alex, Kap and JJ is a heckuva lot better than Alex and two rookies.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Of course Kaepernick wants to be the starter...why wouldn't he. Every b/u at all positions wants to be a starter. The reality is the coaches determine who will start and who will back them up. Alex will benefit greatly from a full off-season...to get the full playbook down, to get the reps with what will no doubt be a better receiving corps, etc. So will CK, but there's no substitute for PT, and that's where Alex has a huge edge over Kap. It still wouldn't surprise me to see Harbaugh/Baalke acquire Josh Johnson...because it's been proven over and over you need quality, experienced b/u's at the QB position. Harbaugh (and the team) was fortunate that Alex was healthy for the entire season. Looking at Alex, Kap and JJ is a heckuva lot better than Alex and two rookies.

I would have to agree. That was a huge risk to have two rookies backing up Alex Smith. It was also smart not to make a move for Josh Johnson because he only had one year left on his contract. It would be a great deal to pick up Josh, only because he worked with Harbaugh and knows his offense.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Whatcha talkin bout Willis!

come on now...you of all people should know that writer is just trying to stir something up. If he did do any research, he would know that Colin's "third party" source as he put it, is actually Jim Harbaugh.

Harbaugh has said it himself. All positions are not given, they are earned.

I know what Harbaugh said about there will be competition but I don't think Kaep interpreted what Jim said correctly. Obviously if he gets better than Alex, he will get a crack at it eventually. But I think he took it as saying there will be an open competition this training camp/offseason and he is planning on being the starter for this next season. I don't think telling the media what he said is going to make Jim very happy either, because Jim never wants to give them anything.

This is why Harbaugh hates the media. They do anything they can to twist someone's words and take it out of context to stir s**t up.

What probably happened was that Kaepernick was ASKED a simple question about his hopes, goals, ambitions for next year to become a starter. Kaepernick, answering in a fashion that any confident QB would, said he thinks he can compete for the job. WTF is wrong with that?! It honestly doesn't mean s**t, but if Kap is asked a question about his status as a backup/starter, he HAS to say that he can be a starter. Otherwise, he would be a p***y.

f**k the media, I swear.

This. This story is a prime example of media manipulation.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:

Don't kid like that..
Nope, CK is a distance third. Way behind some guy named Kyle Williams.

I don't know; but, it should be an open competition....
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
what are they supposed to say?? Our QB we picked in Round 2 is turning out to be a fail, so lets let everyone know so his value becomes crap... No, The only thing that gives me the opinion is #FACT ( Jim harbaugh said during the season alex smith is our future of our team)... #FACT ( Jim harbaugh said Alex smith deserves to be in the top 3 NFC pro bowl QB"s #FACT (Praised alex and shouted to media about his tieing the history of the NFL for QB's in fewest turnovers..

Soo the above are facts... which leads me to my opinion of maybe kaep just didnt pan out how he wanted him to... Harbaugh has a good relationship going on with Alex if you havent noticed.

OK let me get this straight saying that Alex is the future of the team means Kap is a fail, Harbaugh saying Alex should be in the Pro Bowl means Kaep is fail, and Harbaugh praising his starting QB's accomplishments mean Kaep has no chance cuz he's a fail? What planet are you from where praising your starting QB to keep his confidense and spirits up is an act against the backup QB whom you are trying to develop to make sure he will be a sure fire success when your starter moves on or gets hurt?

Exactly. SundayTicket's logic is all f**ked up. Just because Harbaugh supports Smith doesn't mean he doesn't believe in Kap.

Harbaugh has every reason to stand by Smith and declare him as the guy for the future. Why would he promote Kap if Smith played well in 2011? As long as Smith plays well and is the leader of the team, Kap will continue to learn. Just 'cause a guy was drafted in the 2nd doesn't mean he should be thrust into the lineup for no apparent reason, especially if the guy ahead of him is succeeding.
I see what you did there. You made sense, none of that here!
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:

Harbaugh: Go gett'em Alex. Thats my boy. I love you so much. You are the greatest Game Managing QB EVER!
Alex: I know. Can't believe I'm about to get paid a ridiculous amount of money to do this. Thank you Kerry Collins for paving the way!
Harbaugh: Kaep. You are not in the plans. Sorry
CK: WTF?
Originally posted by 305Niner:
Harbaugh: Go gett'em Alex. Thats my boy. I love you so much. You are the greatest Game Managing QB EVER!
Alex: I know. Can't believe I'm about to get paid a ridiculous amount of money to do this. Thank you Kerry Collins for paving the way!
Harbaugh: Kaep. You are not in the plans. Sorry
CK: WTF?

sorry the best game managin qb goes to montana
Since i believe Tolzien is our better Qb to replace alex if injured, Kap seems to me to be a great part of a package to put together with our #1 pick(#30) and / or Craps for a run at blackmon. I believe Kap can become a good Qb but Tolzien seems a lot better backup and qB ready. Kap also is not JH's man(pick). JH chose alex, and rightfully so. It would not surprise me to see Kap traded for equal value to a team desperately in need of Qb ( i can think of 5 or 6 immediately), and pickup a QB recruit that JH knows from college days, late in draft,,or UDFA. As opposed to all posts above, i think Kap gets traded , but only for equal value, and that value being in WR.

Think about that for a moment. A team picking in top 3, and we offer a former 1st rd WR(craps) who makes circus catches, plus our #1(pick 30), and or Kap a 2nd rd pick. That would seem to me to be a very attractive trade for a team looking at Blackmon. We won't miss Craps, we won't miss Kap, and #30 isn't going to get us best WR to come out in 5 yrs. Sorry to you Kap fans, but that would be a coup. Probability? less than 10%.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Feb 9, 2012 at 9:15 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone