LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Harbaugh and Kaepernick not on same page?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kaepernick... Sup bud,
Slow your roll.
you still have alot to learn and you need to set yourself up in the best situation you can get to perform at your best. Alot of great QB watched their first couple years and perfected their game until it was time. Take advantage of this. This is A. Smith time, at this moment he has learned alot threw his career and is the best match right now. Im not saying you cant be, but as a fan (Since the 80's) we want to see the Niners return to greatness and so in that, we need you to be at your best. Take the time as a player and an individual to learn and when its time you will perform great mentally and physically because of the steps you took. learn from the coaches and dont let anything be taken lightly in your studies of this game... Cant wait to see what you do in the off season.

Red and Gold
SMH.

The media cracks me up. Kaep was asked a direct question and he answered it the way I would want any backup QB to answer it. He will compete for it. Why would you want your backup QB to say anything different?

As for the original article, they make it sound like some mysterious source is saying things to Kaep and that there may be a problem in communication.

The writer of the article isn't paying attention (and the same can be said for many webzoners).

Harbaugh said in his final press conference that the position would be up for competition and that no position in annointed. That applies to ALL positions including ILB, TE, and RB.

There is not mystery here and no miscommunication. That is just Harbaughs way. If a guy comes in and outperforms the starter, he'll get a shot. SImple as that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i am sure that the coach is not happy with a third party telling the kid something and maybe not happy that the kid ran with the stuff and the media got ahold ot The kid and the alex haters can think what they want but the coach is the bottom line around here and if he says alex is the man, thats the way it is and all of the hoping and wishing that the kid can take the job is pointless. This is why I hope they sign alex very soon so some of this talk will stop. Did the coach ever say the job is open?If he did not, it is not and that is where the story ends, despite what some want to think otherwise. He has a role to play but it is to learn, improve and be a good backup for now
  • cools
  • Veteran
Media hyping nothing into a story, its so slow this time a year, the writers grab anything they can
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
This is what happens when you become an NFL powerhouse....

Some uninformed dickwad from the media fails to connects the dots and writes an untrue, almost libelous piece.

This is how rifts form in teams. I'm confident Harbaugh will quickly plug this hole IN-HOUSE...

Then some of the media rolls out the shock and awe that the coach is not in love with them
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am sure that the coach is not happy with a third party telling the kid something and maybe not happy that the kid ran with the stuff and the media got ahold ot The kid and the alex haters can think what they want but the coach is the bottom line around here and if he says alex is the man, thats the way it is and all of the hoping and wishing that the kid can take the job is pointless. This is why I hope they sign alex very soon so some of this talk will stop. Did the coach ever say the job is open?If he did not, it is not and that is where the story ends, despite what some want to think otherwise. He has a role to play but it is to learn, improve and be a good backup for now

There is no third party. He heard it the same way everyone else heard it. From Harbaugh. Final Press conference.
I love how so much is read into all these quotes.

Harbaugh's stance is that a position is earned not just given. Alex has to earn it, and he has to keep it. It's not just given to him. With that said, Alex has earned it in Harbaugh's eyes. So what he said about "Alex is our guy and everyone is in lockstep" is in accord with his philosophy.

Kaep is right in so far as if he can blow it up in training camp to the point where it's obvious he's the better QB, Harbaugh will reconsider. I doubt that will happen so soon. Give it a few years and he might..not will...MIGHT.

Nothing to see here, move along.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
There is no third party. He heard it the same way everyone else heard it. From Harbaugh. Final Press conference.

ok then. The coach recently says alex is the man so this is a non story, let us proceed forward
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

ok then. The coach recently says alex is the man so this is a non story, let us proceed forward

• Nes49
  • Veteran
TOO MUCH MADE OUT OF NOTHING.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nes49:
TOO MUCH MADE OUT OF NOTHING.

But it gave the alex haters some energy and false hope. shoud this be locked up because it is a non story?
Somebody said that CK was not Harbaugh's pick? Is that officially true? I did see a video about Trent Baalke talking about him. Yeah I definitely dont think there will be a competition. Harbaugh's showed favoritism from day one for Alex Smith. Still dont understand why they traded up to get him though.
[ Edited by 305Niner on Feb 9, 2012 at 12:11 PM ]
Kaepernick is simply saying the same thing now, that Tom Brady said in 2000 when he was behind Drew Bledsoe.

Albeit- Kap may not be no Tom Brady, but Alex is also no Drew Bledsoe.

Doesnt surprise me why Harbaughs so tight with the media.
[ Edited by DaveTheShocker on Feb 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM ]
Originally posted by 305Niner:
Somebody said that CK was not Harbaugh's pick? Is that officially true? I did see a video about Trent Baalke talking about him. Yeah I definitely dont think there will be a competition. Harbaugh's showed favoritism from day one for Alex Smith. Still dont understand why they traded up to get him though.

in case alex didnt work out and they didnt want to start a rookie in next year hence they get qb andprobablly felt kaep was the only one worth talking in draft

last years qb draft was weak
I still think he has a shot to start unless they Smith a huge contract with alot of years and guaranteed money. They traded up to get him for a reason and with this coaching staff im more than confident they know wtf theyre doing. I also dont care if we keep Smith as long as this defense keeps getting better and we get Gores replacement this years draft. A sick pass rush to go with our run D n a devastating ground game means 2nd to 6 ring imo.
Share 49ersWebzone