LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Harbaugh and Kaepernick not on same page?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826c9336/article/harbaughs-qb-assessment-not-in-line-with-kaepernick

Interesting.
Who wrote this s**t? Kap mis-spoke that is all. Jim never said it was an open job. Jim said every position will be earned. That is two different things.
Whatcha talkin bout Willis!

come on now...you of all people should know that writer is just trying to stir something up. If he did do any research, he would know that Colin's "third party" source as he put it, is actually Jim Harbaugh.

Harbaugh has said it himself. All positions are not given, they are earned.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Who wrote this s**t? Kap mis-spoke that is all. Jim never said it was an open job. Jim said every position will be earned. That is two different things.

This.
So are Kaepernick threads the new Smith threads?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Kap better start working on his golf game if he wants to play.
Originally posted by susweel:
Kap better start working on his golf game if he wants to play.

This
Smith is the starter until someone takes it from him or he doesn't come back. I wouldn't want Kaepernick if he didn't want or think he could start.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

come on now...you of all people should know that writer is just trying to stir something up. If he did do any research, he would know that Colin's "third party" source as he put it, is actually Jim Harbaugh.

I know what Harbaugh said about there will be competition but I don't think Kaep interpreted what Jim said correctly. Obviously if he gets better than Alex, he will get a crack at it eventually. But I think he took it as saying there will be an open competition this training camp/offseason and he is planning on being the starter for this next season. I don't think telling the media what he said is going to make Jim very happy either, because Jim never wants to give them anything.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

I know what Harbaugh said about there will be competition but I don't think Kaep interpreted what Jim said correctly. Obviously if he gets better than Alex, he will get a crack at it eventually. But I think he took it as saying there will be an open competition this training camp/offseason and he is planning on being the starter for this next season. I don't think telling the media what he said is going to make Jim very happy either, because Jim never wants to give them anything.

This is why Harbaugh hates the media. They do anything they can to twist someone's words and take it out of context to stir s**t up.

What probably happened was that Kaepernick was ASKED a simple question about his hopes, goals, ambitions for next year to become a starter. Kaepernick, answering in a fashion that any confident QB would, said he thinks he can compete for the job. WTF is wrong with that?! It honestly doesn't mean s**t, but if Kap is asked a question about his status as a backup/starter, he HAS to say that he can be a starter. Otherwise, he would be a p***y.

f**k the media, I swear.

Originally posted by SofaKing:

This.

Being told you can earn something and obtain it means its open.... so they are essentially the same things.

But see ive been telling everybody maybe Kaep isnt harbaughs guy and he didnt Pan out like he wanted.. yeah we moved up to get him but maybe he isnt showing our coaching staff what they want in practice!!
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

This.

Being told you can earn something and obtain it means its open.... so they are essentially the same things.

But see ive been telling everybody maybe Kaep isnt harbaughs guy and he didnt Pan out like he wanted.. yeah we moved up to get him but maybe he isnt showing our coaching staff what they want in practice!!

Check the bolded. It's all your f**king opinion. You don't know s**t about what Harbaugh and the coaching staff think about Kap. lmao at you trying to make it seem like you actually have a clue about Harbaugh's plans for the future.
Does anyone really think CK has a good chance to unseat Smith? Unless injured Smith will win the job. CK may work his way up the ladder in a year or two but not likely next year.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM ]
Originally posted by niner4life21:

This.

Check the bolded. It's all your f**king opinion. You don't know s**t about what Harbaugh and the coaching staff think about Kap. lmao at you trying to make it seem like you actually have a clue about Harbaugh's plans for the future.

obviousley its my opinion... if i get facts or a recording from inside the locker room ill be sure to share it with you lol
Originally posted by niner4life21:

This.

obviousley its my opinion... if i get facts or a recording from inside the locker room ill be sure to share it with you lol

You're preaching something about Kap and Harbaugh that is based off zero facts and 100% personal intuition.

It's pretty pointless, to be honest. Everything that I have read or heard about the coaching staff's opinion of Kaepernick is positive and praising of his progression.
Share 49ersWebzone