There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greater player: Jerry Rice or Joe Montana?

Greater player: Jerry Rice or Joe Montana?

Who do you feel is the greater player?
I plead the 5th
Both the best ever at their position but rice was a more dominant wr then Montana was a qb. That's the answer. 1 and 2 best ever players anyway
i vote joe. joe was the smartest. jerry was the more athletic. its a draw. jerry did good with steve but rember how good joe made willie davis and jj berdin look in k c?
joe--always go with the qb
Jerry Rice is the GOAT!!!!! Greatest of all time. I love Joe Montana but Jerry Rice was so good for so long and it wasn't just about being athletic but running perfect routes at full speed. His training routine. The Beastmaster!!!
Joe Montana.

Rice dominated his position more than Montana did his, but Montana could easily have had 4 SB MVP trophies.

Rice was the weapon, but Joe was the assassin.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Joe Montana.

Rice dominated his position more than Montana did his, but Montana could easily have had 4 SB MVP trophies.

Rice was the weapon, but Joe was the assassin.

I understand where you're coming from, but let's not discredit how great he really was. He has records that may not be broken due to the fact that he produced at All-Pro levels for more years than most players (including majority of HOF'ers) played.

I love Montana, but he (in my opinion) is a close second when it comes to that question.

Also, just wanted to say that I've been reading these forums for years and I'm glad to finally be a part of it.
I couldn't vote on that. They were both great players and fortunate enough to play on the same team.
Jerry best WR of all time. Joe Best QB of all time...... nuff said.......
It's not a question to ask a 49erfan. Joe was the best QB ever and Jerry the best wide receiver ever........period.
Rice was the greatest football player ever, regardless of position.
I'll say Rice. Joe Montana is arguably the greatest QB of all time. People who saw them play would argue that Unitas or Otto Graham were better in the eras. Rice was the best WR in the history of the game hands down. No one dominated their position on the field or numbers wise more than Rice.
I may be biased but I would have to say Montana.
Originally posted by JoeMontana:
I may be biased but I would have to say Montana.
HA! Joe's the man! I still think we would have won more than one Superbowl if he stayed.
For God so loved the 49er Nation, we were given both Montana and Rice, and witnessed them at the same time for 6 seasons. It's like having two suns.