LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 413 users in the forums

Will we make the playoffs next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
yes we will be back and we will win the west, we have the template for success, but IF alex regresses next year, get em outta here
YES.
Yes

yes

Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
According to Stats Inc and others 6 of the last 7 teams that lost the NFC championship game did not make the playoffs the next year. Does this worry any of you given the fact that we have waited so long for a winner again?

Let's look at some of the more recent ones. '08 Packers didn't make it because it was the first year of Rodgers after Favre moved on. '09 Eagles made it. '10 Vikings didn't make it because Favre finally broke down. '11 Bears didn't make it because Cutler got hurt, before that they were 7-3 and on a 5 game winning streak. Anyone who thinks the Cards or Hawks or Rams have a shot in hell of being better than us next year is crazy. It's not like we're the Colts where we rely so much on one player and if he gets hurt we're screwed. We're a great TEAM.

To add, those close games early in the season while the team was still learning wouldn't be close now.
There is no reason to suspect we won't. We will be back better and stronger. It will be a tougher schedule but I think we will keep the team intact. The draft will determine how much better we get skill wise. I strongly suspect we will be better on offense just by having another year together.
15-1
I think we will be a better team with a worse record. Schedule is tough, but we are an up-and-coming team with a young and very talented core group of players. This year was just the beginning.

I'm predicting a 12-4 record and an NFC championship. But ask me again after FA and the draft.
The offseason should be interesting. We need some changes at our skill positions on offense, while hopefully retaining the defense that we had this year. If that happens, I expect to be a better team, in spite of what will probably be a worse regular season record.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
We made it to the NFC championship in a shortened offseason, under a first year head coach.

We play in the weak (albeit improving) NFC West.

We have the best defense in the league.

We will make the playoffs in 2012.

This plus we will add a couple of weapons on O this offseason in FA and the draft!

The WCO takes time to become fluent in and I think by the end of next year, we go on a serious run and look much better on O!!!

yes, tough schedule but we will. we will probably be like 11-5 nfc west champs
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
it will be a tougher road though. Az and Sea improved over the season. Rams will be interesting.

good, i want this division to be the toughest in the nfl so we dont have to hear that bullsh*t excuse that we win cuz its the nfc west and the teams in the nfc west suck. im not even watching the superbowl because i despise everything about the smug east coast and all the ignorant ba**ar** that live there. all the analysts are all so happy those teams made it and their biased opinions can mean something to that fan base. its going to be a boring game cuz we've seen it before, i want all the nfc west teams to beat every opponent they play......except the niners
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
According to Stats Inc and others 6 of the last 7 teams that lost the NFC championship game did not make the playoffs the next year. Does this worry any of you given the fact that we have waited so long for a winner again?

Let's look at some of the more recent ones. '08 Packers didn't make it because it was the first year of Rodgers after Favre moved on. '09 Eagles made it. '10 Vikings didn't make it because Favre finally broke down. '11 Bears didn't make it because Cutler got hurt, before that they were 7-3 and on a 5 game winning streak. Anyone who thinks the Cards or Hawks or Rams have a shot in hell of being better than us next year is crazy. It's not like we're the Colts where we rely so much on one player and if he gets hurt we're screwed. We're a great TEAM.

Agree. And if you look at the Giants, they are making their 2nd superbowl run in 4 years.....

Some teams have shown some stability personnel wise across the board. I think our m.o. of being about the team will be huge, plus consider the fact that like '81 this is a new/young team in the NFCC game not an older-about-to-rebuild team. Chicago losing Cutler is a fluke injury. We are not transitioning to a new QB.

Don't know what happened to the Saints in the '07 season, but they belonged less in that champ game against Chicago than we did this year despite having Drew Brees.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
It will be a tougher road & I will test us. I doubt we go 13-3 again, but it will show the league we are not a fluke.
Who knows.

Most of our wins came down to the wire (Sea twice, Philly, Det, Giants, Rams, Bengals, etc..) . A bounce here, a muff there, an int there and we could have gotten 8-8 this year.

Now opposing teams have played us and have film on us.
Share 49ersWebzone