There are 228 users in the forums

Will we make the playoffs next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
According to Stats Inc and others 6 of the last 7 teams that lost the NFC championship game did not make the playoffs the next year. Does this worry any of you given the fact that we have waited so long for a winner again?
No doubt
it will be a tougher road though. Az and Sea improved over the season. Rams will be interesting.
gonna be tough
Stats don't really mean much and could be misleading. The 49ers have a strong foundation and a great core group of players. A couple more additions and I think we will be even better next season. In fact, I foresee that we will have many more lopsided games like we did in our glory days.
Have to vastly improve at WR, add a couple of cornerbacks, and need a couple of pieces on the offensive line. We can't rely on mediocre offense and forcing turnovers to win next year. This is a smart league. Other teams will catch on.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I think they will.
we were incredibly lucky with injuries this year. the division will be improved. tougher schedule. possible changes in the roster and coaching staff.

going to be tough. but i think we can probably get to 10 or 11 wins and take the division. have to see how the offseason goes to really make a prediction though.
We made it to the NFC championship in a shortened offseason, under a first year head coach.

We play in the weak (albeit improving) NFC West.

We have the best defense in the league.

We will make the playoffs in 2012.
Hell Yes, we win our Division and make another run at the playoffs..relax guys we have Harbaugh!

For those that say "the schedule is tough". No one knows how tough that schedule is until at LEAST midway through the season itself.

The Pats had a ridiculously easy schedule this past year thanks to teams not living up to preseason expectations.

I can't believe some of you are doubting our ability to make it back to the playoffs.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
For those that say "the schedule is tough". No one knows how tough that schedule is until at LEAST midway through the season itself.

The Pats had a ridiculously easy schedule this past year thanks to teams not living up to preseason expectations.

I can't believe some of you are doubting our ability to make it back to the playoffs.

we don't know anything about what this team will be like next year. basing our assumptions on what little we know right now, to say the schedule is tough is completely reasonable.
I think we are going to have to add depth to our front 7. Health is going to be an issue, coupled with the 1000 east coast games (wtf) it will take a toll on our defense. The thing that I think bodes well for us is our team success is a not gimmick, its old tried and true line up, wrap up, don't turn the ball over football. We don't have to worry about teams catching up to us because they already know what this kind of football is, its nothing 'new'. That being said, we need to add a few wrinkles to the offense and I think we will be ok.
[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on Jan 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
we will, but i'll be surprised if we're any higher than the #4 seed.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
I'm calling it right now

11-5

I would like a rematch with the Giants in the NFC Championship game at their house and smack them silly

Share 49ersWebzone