There are 275 users in the forums

Will we make the playoffs next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I guess 11-5 will be enough to win division and host WC game
We will not go past the division round i'm afraid
we will, but i wouldnt be surprised if we were playing wildcard weekend, we got a tough schedule, and anything can happen in the playoffs
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
10-6, win the division, beat the Giants or Green Bay in the NFC championship, go to Superbowl... win it.

i think giants miss the playoffs next year, im calling philly or dallas coming out of that division this time.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Well what were the stats before this season, given by our past record, were we suppose to make the playoffs this year??

Just sayin.
Man, 49er fans are really living up the stereotype of being whiners.

The bottom line is that as long as the defense stays strong and the OFFENSE improves, it won't matter what our record is, we will be better.

BTW, defense will only create more turnovers the more points we score. It's unfreakingbelievable what we did with such an average offense.....imagine putting bigger leads on teams than we have in the past??
Looks like we will have a tough schedule and the NFC West looks like it may be more competitive next year. IMO I think playing in a competitive division forces teams to make improvements and become more complete. Based on how things stand right now, I think we will make the playoffs, but who knows. Things change in a hurry with injuries, other teams improving or declining, etc.
I think they make it. Their road schedule is incredibly tough. They got lucky with lack of key injuries. I'd say 10 - 6. We won't win as many games and will have a tougher road in the playoffs. We will probably have to go on the road and maybe play in the wild card round also. I'd be shocked to see 13 wins next year.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think they make it. Their road schedule is incredibly tough. They got lucky with lack of key injuries. I'd say 10 - 6. We won't win as many games and will have a tougher road in the playoffs. We will probably have to go on the road and maybe play in the wild card round also. I'd be shocked to see 13 wins next year.

.......................you predicted 0-16 this year..............................
I think this was the last time for a long time that the 49ers had a chance to make it to the Super Bowl. Next year we will make it to the playoffs by Wild Card but I don't think we will get as far as this year. Too many FAs that could be leaving. I'll have a better picture once Free Agency and Draft happens. Right now I don't see us getting as close as we did this year
Whoa you guys relax. It's wayyyyyyyyy to early to be even thinking about playoff matchups. The goal is simple

- Win the NFC West. After that keep racking up wins to improve playoff position.

I think the media will love us and we will open the season as TOP5 Super Bowl favorites

Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

.......................you predicted 0-16 this year..............................

His predictions are wild most of the times but could you really blame him, No offseason, New Coach's, An offensive scheme thats takes time to learn, Unsure at QB, no Big name Signings, he has seen the light that is Jim Harbaugh and i agree it will be much tougher next year, what with all of our division getting stronger, and now we will be the hunted, which is what we want, 12-4 is what im saying now especially if we find some good WR in FA or in the Draft along with some more secondary help, the future is bright boys!!!!
we will win division 10-6 BUT we will lose in the divisonal round playoffs to the saints in New Orleans
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
We made it to the NFC championship in a shortened offseason, under a first year head coach.

We play in the weak (albeit improving) NFC West.

We have the best defense in the league.

We will make the playoffs in 2012.

This
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Who knows.

Most of our wins came down to the wire (Sea twice, Philly, Det, Giants, Rams, Bengals, etc..) . A bounce here, a muff there, an int there and we could have gotten 8-8 this year.

Now opposing teams have played us and have film on us.

This is the NFL - most games come down to the wire...you could take a 2-14 team or a 14-2 team and say about either of them that if a few bounces went the other way that they'd be 8-8. We were also a few bounces away from being 15-1 or 16-0....or 17-1 or 18-0

Thats kinda my point.

We can't guarantee we will be a playoff team anymore then we can guarantee we will go 15-1.
The thing about "next year's schedule", they always look a lot different in January than 9-10 months from now. There is so much parity in the NFL, rosters are so thin, injuries, free agency pickups, age setting in on certain teams. I wouldn't even project. Niners just need to worry about the Niners and keep working to get better. How many teams this time last year when the schedules were released penciled in wins for their matchup with San Francisco?
Share 49ersWebzone