LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Will we make the playoffs next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SF14
  • Veteran
11-5 and fighting for a #2 seed again.
I fully expect we will still win our division. I don't think we'll be a #2 seed though.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
We made it to the NFC championship in a shortened offseason, under a first year head coach.

We play in the weak (albeit improving) NFC West.

We have the best defense in the league.

We will make the playoffs in 2012.
I agree with everything you said...
but we won a lot of close games. Alex had 5 4th qtr come backs. Not all will bounce our way next year. We can't rely on akers as much either. We need more td's. It will be hard for the D to produce that many takeaways as well. I still think we win make the playoffs though. As long as we win the division games and we will hold an edge. Our road opponents are sooooooo brutal next year. we could end up being 10-6 next year but actually better as a team if the offense clicks better under Harbaughs second year.
Playoffs = yes.

13 wins = no.

I'd guess that we end up around 11 wins, NFC West Champs type year. However, the type of football that we play does translate usually into a very consistent product on the field. 10-13 wins should be the standard again.
yea i say 10-6 and back in the playoffs
win the division but lose in divisonal round to the saints in new orleans
Yes. Why does everyone think we were a fluke this year? Do the Patriot fans go into every off season wondering if they will make it back to the playoffs? Steeler fans? Raven fans?
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
tough west improved maybe ariz gets manning and also we have a tough winners schedule.

Originally posted by Axl49:
tough west improved maybe ariz gets manning and also we have a tough winners schedule.

Doubt Manning goes there. Bad neck + their O line = Manning will feed from a tube the rest of his life.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
No doubt we're the most complete team in the NFC. With some help at WR, this is a scary good roster.
I think we can, but its going to be damn tough. The defense and special teams played lights out this season, forcing turnovers and bad field position. The offense rarely turned the ball over, and usually capitalized on field position. However, if the defense doesn't force turnovers and the special teams drop off, it could be a damn long season.

Finding some offensive playmakers in the draft and free agency is an absolute key to making the playoffs in the coming season. This offense as it is right now cannot sustain extended drives, and still struggles in the redzone. If Akers kicks anywhere as many FGs next season as this last one, we dont make the playoffs.
We will grab some talent at WR, CB, TE, DE and RG ...and then we will grind out a big season and come back STRONG ...this season was NOT a fluke ...F*CK THAT ...this team is FOR REAL ...and we will be competitive for a LONG TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
According to Stats Inc and others 6 of the last 7 teams that lost the NFC championship game did not make the playoffs the next year. Does this worry any of you given the fact that we have waited so long for a winner again?

Let's look at some of the more recent ones. '08 Packers didn't make it because it was the first year of Rodgers after Favre moved on. '09 Eagles made it. '10 Vikings didn't make it because Favre finally broke down. '11 Bears didn't make it because Cutler got hurt, before that they were 7-3 and on a 5 game winning streak. Anyone who thinks the Cards or Hawks or Rams have a shot in hell of being better than us next year is crazy. It's not like we're the Colts where we rely so much on one player and if he gets hurt we're screwed. We're a great TEAM.
Share 49ersWebzone