There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will we make the playoffs next year?

Dumb question
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by susweel:
We should win the division again its still pretty weak.

if AZ and Sea starts off the way they ended last year..it's going to be rough...

What their Home schedz look like anyways..? I hope they don't our road games at home or it will be cahoots !!

Its rare teams can carry momentum from one year to another, also both have pretty crappy QBs.

if AZ and Sea starts off the way they ended last year..it's going to be rough...

What their Home schedz look like anyways..? I hope they don't our road games at home or it will be cahoots !!

Its rare teams can carry momentum from one year to another, also both have pretty crappy QBs.

that can go against us too
i highly doubt it but i would go crazy if we went 14-2
cards pretty much have the same road games as us

Seattle gets Home games against these tougher opponents

that can go against us too

I think JH can sustain success from year to year.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
While our division rivals have improved, they are still too inferior to be a serious threat, imo. We will win our division handily, but getting a bye again seems like a longshot due to the absurd schedule.
Originally posted by Georgetown49er:
Road games against Packers, Saints, Patriots, will be very tough. I think we still make the playoffs but duplicating this year's record will be real tough. And I believe the competition in our division gets tougher. Next year every team we face will know they need to bring their A-game to have a chance to beat us. We will be marked.
I disagree bigtime.

Not a doubt in my mind we make it back to the playoffs, and make just as much noise. I think we could get underestimated by the media next season, as we can see here from 49er fans. But I think with a full offseason and draft (god I hope we big WR in the first round) we are going to be a lot better offensively. Even with a tougher schedule I still think we win 12 or 13 games. I have been saying for years that this team always had the talent to win like this and all we needed was the right coaching staff to put it together. We finally got that coaching staff and look what happened. I have no doubt that there will be a lot more eyes on us next season. But folks, don't you think Harbaugh and company know this? Don't folks think this very tight locker room know this? Haven't this coaching staff shown at least to the hard core die hard 49er fans by now that they have a really good ability of exploiting what other teams think they know what we are going to do? The Packers, Saints, and Patriots are all teams that play into the scheme of our defense, and why we beat the Saints. No other team on our 2012 schedule scare me at all. So yes, we are going to get every teams A-game, as we should. But every team is going to get our A-game; and I think our A-game is far better than most elite teams. BTW, isn't that a good sign when you draw team's best. It says that your good and other teams know it. So I disagree with many here: From what this team and this coaching staff has shown me throughout the season I fully expect this team to be back next season. Furthermore, I expect a Super Bowl out of this team in the next few years, if not next season (mark it mods). There's no reason for me to expect a regression out of the 9ers because of a couple of road games against top teams. Those teams have to prove they can beat us as much as we have to prove we can beat them.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Jan 26, 2012 at 6:50 PM ]
Chris Mortenson says this is the Best D he's seen that didn't make it to the superbowl. Keep the D , add a couple of playmakers, and watch out.
It's no secret on how to beat the 49ers. Don't turn the damn ball over. Next year, our record will be decided more by what our offense can or can't do than what our Defense will bring. All opponents need to do is play safe ball, for us to drive at least 65 yards per drive. If they do this, then I don't think we win barely 10 games.

Our passing game must produce more points next year. Can't rely on +28 turnovers. That never happens two straight years.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Chances are the bounces that went the 49ers way, TOs, lack of injuries, won't happen 2 years in a row. Plus they have a tougher schedule. But so does the entire NFCW.
Probably. Seattle will be alright. The Rams will still suck. But if Arizona gets Manning instead of us.....
Probably. Seattle will be alright. The Rams will still suck. But if Arizona gets Manning instead of us.....
fosho
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:

Hopefully Manning will think . . . do I really want to play against San Francisco's D twice a year behind that o-line?