There are 172 users in the forums

Will we make the playoffs next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
15-1 1st seed.....1st round bye.....a win at home against the Packers....then a win against the Eagles......Super Bowl win against the Texans.....Smoked alot to come to this conclusion......thought I did a good job too.....
The Packers and Saints will take a dip. I think Philly and Dallas will compete right along with us for the first seed, but I don't think any one team will be as dominant during the regular season as the Saints and Packers were.
If we retain this defense, keep our main playmakers who are gonna be FA's, then I see us making it to this position once again. This isn't me talking out of my a**, this is my realistic view of what's coming next season.

We keep our defense, then we are already set for a good season.
You know, I know, sh** a Cincinnati Bengals fan might even know it, and that is: Harbaugh is going to work his a** off, and I mean to the very extent (just by display of what he did in one reg. season and a short off-season)to improve Alex's play, and the offense as a WHOLE.

If you can take a team that was declining ridiculously one year to the NFC Championship the very next, then you are certainly something special. And I'm damn sure Harbaugh is going to have this team, this mentally determined and physically tough unit, ready for even more of a breakout season next year.

I don't mean to jump to conclusions, nor do I wish you make you happy in the pants, all I'm doing is stating what I believe and showing how much I trust Harbaugh and this team because of the potential they've shown. You can't sit in your computer chair at work with a straight face and tell me we aren't gonna make a thunderous statement next season.

You're outta your damn mind if you think a muffed punt in OT in a NFC Title game is what defines a team as not worthy of being SB contenders...

9ers aren't going anywhere.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Lot of people seem to think this year was a fluke. You don't go 13-3 every year, or host the championship game every year. That is true. But this team is solid and now is in the hands of a competent GM and a very good head coach. Most of our key players are before or approaching their prime, with exceptions -- Gore, Justin Smith, Whitner, Rogers. We have a lot of cap room and a GM who seems to know how to use it. We have an experienced but still young QB who has improved a lot and another intriguing prospect backing him up. We have a top flight pass rusher who is 22. This team is going to be good for a while. I can't say they didn't blow a golden opportunity -- they did. But this isn't the last time they'll be in the hunt for a championship and I have faith that Harbaugh will find a way to get it done.

Whitner is 26...how is he past his prime? And even though they may be getting up their in age, J. Smith and Rogers are playing the best ball of their careers...hard to say that doesn't classify as being in their prime.
I thinks, the 49ers is chance time to go that against to the NFC Championship game next year? They will keep improve to continues everyday!
you bet! Harbaugh will have them ready to play. If I were afree agent I would want to play here!
15-4.
Originally posted by Niner915:
Hell Yes, we win our Division and make another run at the playoffs..relax guys we have Harbaugh!

AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Team will win between 10-12 games I'm hopeful, depending on the schedule. I don't see the NFC championship game in 2012 though, but it's a ways away
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Lot of people seem to think this year was a fluke. You don't go 13-3 every year, or host the championship game every year. That is true. But this team is solid and now is in the hands of a competent GM and a very good head coach. Most of our key players are before or approaching their prime, with exceptions -- Gore, Justin Smith, Whitner, Rogers. We have a lot of cap room and a GM who seems to know how to use it. We have an experienced but still young QB who has improved a lot and another intriguing prospect backing him up. We have a top flight pass rusher who is 22. This team is going to be good for a while. I can't say they didn't blow a golden opportunity -- they did. But this isn't the last time they'll be in the hunt for a championship and I have faith that Harbaugh will find a way to get it done.

Whitner is 26...how is he past his prime? And even though they may be getting up their in age, J. Smith and Rogers are playing the best ball of their careers...hard to say that doesn't classify as being in their prime.

Glad to hear Whitner is younger than I thought. Must have confused him with someone else. I don't disagree that Justin Smith and Carlos Rogers are playing at a very high level. It's just that players can drop off very quickly in their 30s. But my overall point is that a lot of the Niners talent is not too old and they're in reasonably good shape cap wise. Hell, if Alex Smith continues to improve we may be happy that we have a good QB for $8 Million rather than an "elite" QB for $15 Million. Better to spread it around and keep a strong, balanced attack for years to come.

The NFC West should improve next year but we should be good for at least 5 to 6 division wins. I think 11-5 seems about right, but I'm predicting 12-4.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by Axl49:
tough west improved maybe ariz gets manning and also we have a tough winners schedule.

Doubt Manning goes there. Bad neck + their O line = Manning will feed from a tube the rest of his life.

Not to mention they just gave up a lot for Kevin Kolb and they have John Skeleton (sic). Going after Manning would be a big slap in the face to Kolb. The Tards have a lot more needs, god forbid they actually realize they need a pass rusher. We got Aldon Smith, St. Louis got Robert Quinn. Seattle's 6'4, 6'5 CB secondary looks like it'll be pretty scary, and they have really tall physical receivers too. If Seattle gets Matt Flynn and he turns out to be the real deal, they'll be hard to beat. They basically wasted the year on Tavaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst. Arizona will be getting back that RB they drafted in the first round, Ryan Williams. Paired with Beanie Wells, their rushing attack might be pretty formidable.

I'd like to see us upgrade our 2nd/3rd RB. Definitely keep Hunter, but I think Dixon could be upgraded, or we can dump Moran Norris to get a speedy fullback. Definitely, definitely get the rid of Chilo Rachal ASAFP.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
The Packers and Saints will take a dip. I think Philly and Dallas will compete right along with us for the first seed, but I don't think any one team will be as dominant during the regular season as the Saints and Packers were.

The Saints are going to have a hard time keeping all their expensive players. Most likely, they will lose Marques Colston. Chris Ivory was a pretty poor high pick. I could see the NFC West producing two or three of the top teams in the NFC next year. I think our chief competition next year will be Seattle, if they get a real quarterback. I predict they'll try to get Matt Flynn from the Fudgepackers.
11-5 and hopefully the second bye over the saints again
kinda pissed that the title of this thread is a question

OF COURSE WE ARE GOING TO GO TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone