There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

QB position up for competition next year?

Originally posted by frozen49er:
Who is this Benitez troll? Can he please be made to go away? Please?

Yes, Harbs said its up for competition this year, just like last year. Hes going to tell A. Smith the same thing before he signs a long term deal.

After reading all of these posts ( I skipped some of the Benitez ones), it seems that people are either sold on A. Alex is back. B. Kap is the 2nd coming of Joe or C. that we need to find a way to bring in P. Manning.

C. Really. Peyton here. 18 million dollars per season, for who knows how many years? The man is great, a truely great player and one of the best to ever play the game. I'll give him his due. He doesnt have many years left in the tank, if any at all due to the neck. Its too bad, it really is, I want to see him play again for the Colts, for us (hehe) for anyone. A true student of the game, a love of the game. At the end of the day, do you really think Harbs and Trent will bring him here? If the goal is to teach Kap the game from a different perspective, fine, Ill give you that, but the season of 95 and signing everyone to win one SB are gone. Harbs is looking to the future, for a QB and for our team. In Madden, sure, I pick up Manning, but I cant see us doing something like that. Look at the last, albeit, shortened off season. No big names, no huge contracts. Guys willing to buy in to a system and play hard. No player is greater than the team Jim once said. Manning would prove otherwise, hes not going to be a 49er.

B. Kap is the answer. Bigger arm, looks like a QB, doesnt have the 7 seasons of baggage that Alex has, Harbs moved up to get him. What a bunch of BS. How did T Smith do? How about N. Davis? I could keep going on. The fans and the Zone, always see the grass greener on the other side. Wow, we traded up, he must be something. He had a chance to win the job, and he failed. He will get another chance. If he wins, I will support him completely as our QB, if not, he sits and LEARNS on the sideline. I have piles of people in my family that are Packer fans (dont shun me) for 3 years all I heard was bench Farve, trade Farve, let Rodgers play. He sat and he learned the game, now he is among the elites in this game. I dont care what you think of A Smith, but if you are a Kap backer, have some patience like GB had and reap the rewards if he is the real deal. Or, is he the next Drunkenmiller? We havent seen much of Kap, and alot, maybe too much praise is given to backups that perform well in limited circumstances (Kolb, Cassell), let Kap be Kap and let the coaches bring him along or he is the next Leaf, and no one wants that. ( I know, Leaf was a number 2 pick, Kap was in the 2nd round, but the way I read about him lately he could have been the 2nd coming of Christ or Tolzien)

A. Alex Smith is our QB. Like many of you, I still pine away thinking of Joe or Steve hitting Jerry or John or Terrell and watching the beauty of a perfectly thrown pass and catch on a slant that goes for 70 yards. Ive waited a very long time to see that again. I havent seen it with Alex. I'm an Alex supporter, I was glad when we drafted him. I have never seen anything from him, this year included that made me think of Jerry or John or Brent. I havent. He is our QB, love him or hate him, it is what it is. I think he has a style, that when developed, will bring us back to the promised land, where the 49ers belong, hoisting that silver trophy. He is our QB. Yes, there will be a competition next year for the QB spot, as there will every year that Jim is here, but for now, it is his, and we, the Faithful, need to back our QB, no matter what the past has held, and to hope for a bright future full of quick slants.

Damn, that was a long post, if you didnt read, I dont blame you, if you fell asleep, good for you.

you didnt even read what I had to say in my posts??!!.. So how you gonna come back and try to say I should be banned in some kind of way????????????

What... it makes you feel uncomfortable to hear someone stand up for what they feel??

______

by da way.. forget..(f*ck) peyton.. dnt wnt him.. we have da one on our squad.. sittin quietely studyin da playbook..

as for da rest of your post..didnt read it.. tell us later.. when you understand how to keep it short and simple..
I'm fine with there being competition. I just don't think Kaep is ready. Pistol offense, doesn't read the field well, isn't accurate, no pocket presense. Just don't see how he can start? A good athlete sure. Ready to be an NFL QB. I don't know.
Originally posted by backontop:
No because he's clearly trolling. IF you can't see that then you're blind.

your a dumbass ... backonyourass... or whatever your name is..

you da one who doesnt even have any representation of a 49er faithful in your user name..

your da fake one...

#49erFaithFul.. For LIFE.. BOI.
[ Edited by SF49_Benitez on Jan 25, 2012 at 3:28 AM ]
Originally posted by backontop:
All QB's miss some throws. I honestly believe that those throws going to the ground were throw aways.

See perfect example.. of your lack of RED N GOLD .. BLOOD...

we need to ban your A$$
[ Edited by SF49_Benitez on Jan 25, 2012 at 4:03 AM ]
P.S. - the only reason I'm quoting people is cause they quoted me FIRST.. srry.. had to respond..

#49erFaithful
Originally posted by susweel:
Lets go Team Kap !!!

kaeperpickkkk
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by leebert81:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by SF49_Benitez:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
matt miacco matt barrows timk all said the sam thing

same with merril hidge and mike sando

you just have a guy who gave alex no credit throughout the season

you trippin bro.. I like Alex.. I know he has potential.. but I rather see KAP.. he is faster on his legs... and has been studying this whole season..

Look.. even Harbaugh said that EVERY POSITION is to be WON.. so if its up for grabs then it is FOR A REASON..

I see it.. now its time for da rest of the 49er Faithful to see it too..

KAP is a gun slinger!!!!!!.. just like farve but with the legs.. can u imagine???..

Can we ban this guy for being a troll please?
Because he doesn't agree with you?

No because he's clearly trolling. IF you can't see that then you're blind.
No, because he clearly doesn't agree with you. Not sure I'm the blind one. Besides, he will be warned and probably banned soon enough for the personal attacks he's throwing out. No reason to get your panties in a bunch.
The real position that needs to be up for grabs in TC is at running back.
Absolutely...I expect Harbaugh to acquire Josh Johnson...a FA, who can be had for not a lot of bucks. He and Coach have a history...at San Diego U. JJ's got skills...and could challenge Alex for the starter position. Competition's what it's all about. Alex won't shy away from it, we already know that. It can only make our offense better. Agree, let's see what Cap can do...also like Tolzien, he's a solid QB. We were lucky that Alex stayed healthy all year...it would've been tough to throw Cap in there.
Originally posted by leebert81:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by leebert81:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by SF49_Benitez:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
matt miacco matt barrows timk all said the sam thing

same with merril hidge and mike sando

you just have a guy who gave alex no credit throughout the season

you trippin bro.. I like Alex.. I know he has potential.. but I rather see KAP.. he is faster on his legs... and has been studying this whole season..

Look.. even Harbaugh said that EVERY POSITION is to be WON.. so if its up for grabs then it is FOR A REASON..

I see it.. now its time for da rest of the 49er Faithful to see it too..

KAP is a gun slinger!!!!!!.. just like farve but with the legs.. can u imagine???..

Can we ban this guy for being a troll please?
Because he doesn't agree with you?

No because he's clearly trolling. IF you can't see that then you're blind.
No, because he clearly doesn't agree with you. Not sure I'm the blind one. Besides, he will be warned and probably banned soon enough for the personal attacks he's throwing out. No reason to get your panties in a bunch.

I don't see him lasting very long if the posts above are any indication.

To his post about Kap... Favre? Really? Yeah, he won a SB... but was one of the WORST QBs!!
I never understood all the hype about Favre. Had a great season, but largely hurt his teams with turnovers. Gun slinger? No thank you. Intelligent and methodical would be better, just add receiving threats.

The QB position, as all others, will be up for competition. It seems like Harbaughs way. Earn what you get, keep what you earn. I like that.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
I don't see him lasting very long if the posts above are any indication.

To his post about Kap... Favre? Really? Yeah, he won a SB... but was one of the WORST QBs!!
I never understood all the hype about Favre. Had a great season, but largely hurt his teams with turnovers. Gun slinger? No thank you. Intelligent and methodical would be better, just add receiving threats.

The QB position, as all others, will be up for competition. It seems like Harbaughs way. Earn what you get, keep what you earn. I like that.

The man "gunslinged" his way out of a Superbowl against the Saints. If he doesn't throw that pick the Vikings are in. That game was a turnover fest
Originally posted by SF49_Benitez:
Originally posted by lssanjose:
sixth fourth quarter comebacks aren't clutch enough, for you?

The only reason it's clutch is cause of the way our defense played to KEEP US in da game.. If alex can do that after sooooooooo many coordinators in his head..

and all the Boooo's we gave him all those seasons.. then definitely KAP can come in and do some damage.. he is fresh.. and ready to go.. this whole season he has been studying quietly..

he's confident.... Alex won't be after watching the film from this game.. (knowing he had receivers open but didnt pull da dang trigger)

I don't think this game will have any after effects on Alex.

Alex will be a lot better with a real number one receiver and a full off season....

I'm still for the QB postion competition, that is what I'm looking forward too, want a real competition not just to keep Alex on his toes.
Originally posted by RonRon:
I don't think this game will have any after effects on Alex.

Alex will be a lot better with a real number one receiver and a full off season....

I'm still for the QB postion competition, that is what I'm looking forward too, want a real competition not just to keep Alex on his toes.

alex has the job he will be given all first round snaps with the occasional kaepernick getting it while alex rests
Originally posted by SF49_Benitez:
your a dumbass ... backonyourass... or whatever your name is..

you da one who doesnt even have any representation of a 49er faithful in your user name..

your da fake one...

#49erFaithFul.. For LIFE.. BOI.

1F She S1TLl TyP3s Lik DiZ... shes too young for you bro....
Smith and Co will get better receivers. They will win games with 10+. Including several blowouts. Smith looks good with the new set of receivers. Kaep comes in on a positive situation during late in the game. Both Smith and Kaep look good getting past the NFC game into the SB. Win win for both the future and the present qb.