There are 260 users in the forums

QB position up for competition next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm fine with there being competition. I just don't think Kaep is ready. Pistol offense, doesn't read the field well, isn't accurate, no pocket presense. Just don't see how he can start? A good athlete sure. Ready to be an NFL QB. I don't know.
Originally posted by backontop:
No because he's clearly trolling. IF you can't see that then you're blind.

your a dumbass ... backonyourass... or whatever your name is..

you da one who doesnt even have any representation of a 49er faithful in your user name..

your da fake one...

#49erFaithFul.. For LIFE.. BOI.
[ Edited by SF49_Benitez on Jan 25, 2012 at 3:28 AM ]
All QB's miss some throws. I honestly believe that those throws going to the ground were throw aways.

See perfect example.. of your lack of RED N GOLD .. BLOOD...

we need to ban your A$$
[ Edited by SF49_Benitez on Jan 25, 2012 at 4:03 AM ]
P.S. - the only reason I'm quoting people is cause they quoted me FIRST.. srry.. had to respond..

#49erFaithful
Originally posted by susweel:
Lets go Team Kap !!!

kaeperpickkkk
Originally posted by leebert81:
Originally posted by SF49_Benitez:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
matt miacco matt barrows timk all said the sam thing

same with merril hidge and mike sando

you just have a guy who gave alex no credit throughout the season

you trippin bro.. I like Alex.. I know he has potential.. but I rather see KAP.. he is faster on his legs... and has been studying this whole season..

Look.. even Harbaugh said that EVERY POSITION is to be WON.. so if its up for grabs then it is FOR A REASON..

I see it.. now its time for da rest of the 49er Faithful to see it too..

KAP is a gun slinger!!!!!!.. just like farve but with the legs.. can u imagine???..

Can we ban this guy for being a troll please?
Because he doesn't agree with you?

No, because he clearly doesn't agree with you. Not sure I'm the blind one. Besides, he will be warned and probably banned soon enough for the personal attacks he's throwing out. No reason to get your panties in a bunch.
The real position that needs to be up for grabs in TC is at running back.
Absolutely...I expect Harbaugh to acquire Josh Johnson...a FA, who can be had for not a lot of bucks. He and Coach have a history...at San Diego U. JJ's got skills...and could challenge Alex for the starter position. Competition's what it's all about. Alex won't shy away from it, we already know that. It can only make our offense better. Agree, let's see what Cap can do...also like Tolzien, he's a solid QB. We were lucky that Alex stayed healthy all year...it would've been tough to throw Cap in there.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
matt miacco matt barrows timk all said the sam thing

same with merril hidge and mike sando

you just have a guy who gave alex no credit throughout the season

you trippin bro.. I like Alex.. I know he has potential.. but I rather see KAP.. he is faster on his legs... and has been studying this whole season..

Look.. even Harbaugh said that EVERY POSITION is to be WON.. so if its up for grabs then it is FOR A REASON..

I see it.. now its time for da rest of the 49er Faithful to see it too..

KAP is a gun slinger!!!!!!.. just like farve but with the legs.. can u imagine???..

Can we ban this guy for being a troll please?
Because he doesn't agree with you?

No, because he clearly doesn't agree with you. Not sure I'm the blind one. Besides, he will be warned and probably banned soon enough for the personal attacks he's throwing out. No reason to get your panties in a bunch.

I don't see him lasting very long if the posts above are any indication.

To his post about Kap... Favre? Really? Yeah, he won a SB... but was one of the WORST QBs!!
I never understood all the hype about Favre. Had a great season, but largely hurt his teams with turnovers. Gun slinger? No thank you. Intelligent and methodical would be better, just add receiving threats.

The QB position, as all others, will be up for competition. It seems like Harbaughs way. Earn what you get, keep what you earn. I like that.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
I don't see him lasting very long if the posts above are any indication.

To his post about Kap... Favre? Really? Yeah, he won a SB... but was one of the WORST QBs!!
I never understood all the hype about Favre. Had a great season, but largely hurt his teams with turnovers. Gun slinger? No thank you. Intelligent and methodical would be better, just add receiving threats.

The QB position, as all others, will be up for competition. It seems like Harbaughs way. Earn what you get, keep what you earn. I like that.

The man "gunslinged" his way out of a Superbowl against the Saints. If he doesn't throw that pick the Vikings are in. That game was a turnover fest

Originally posted by lssanjose:
sixth fourth quarter comebacks aren't clutch enough, for you?

The only reason it's clutch is cause of the way our defense played to KEEP US in da game.. If alex can do that after sooooooooo many coordinators in his head..

and all the Boooo's we gave him all those seasons.. then definitely KAP can come in and do some damage.. he is fresh.. and ready to go.. this whole season he has been studying quietly..

he's confident.... Alex won't be after watching the film from this game.. (knowing he had receivers open but didnt pull da dang trigger)

I don't think this game will have any after effects on Alex.

Alex will be a lot better with a real number one receiver and a full off season....

I'm still for the QB postion competition, that is what I'm looking forward too, want a real competition not just to keep Alex on his toes.
Originally posted by RonRon:
I don't think this game will have any after effects on Alex.

Alex will be a lot better with a real number one receiver and a full off season....

I'm still for the QB postion competition, that is what I'm looking forward too, want a real competition not just to keep Alex on his toes.

alex has the job he will be given all first round snaps with the occasional kaepernick getting it while alex rests
your a dumbass ... backonyourass... or whatever your name is..

you da one who doesnt even have any representation of a 49er faithful in your user name..

your da fake one...

#49erFaithFul.. For LIFE.. BOI.

1F She S1TLl TyP3s Lik DiZ... shes too young for you bro....
Smith and Co will get better receivers. They will win games with 10+. Including several blowouts. Smith looks good with the new set of receivers. Kaep comes in on a positive situation during late in the game. Both Smith and Kaep look good getting past the NFC game into the SB. Win win for both the future and the present qb.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Matt Flynn.... I would sign him over Alex. Alex did a great job, but I think this kid understands what it means to throw a reciever open and is well versed in the WCO.
Share 49ersWebzone